Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 183 Likes Search this Thread
11-23-2015, 11:43 AM   #376
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The problem with that being?
I think Ricoh continuing to display dummy cameras to the whole world is a bad look, particularly this late in the game. Gives the impression that they remain uncertain of what they are building.

11-23-2015, 11:48 AM   #377
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I think Ricoh continuing to display dummy cameras to the whole world is a bad look, particularly this late in the game. Gives the impression that they remain uncertain of what they are building.
Why do you think they are doing that?

I was under the impression we were seeing models from the line, that would go through the final testing before the line started up for a production run. That's a long way from a "dummy model."
11-23-2015, 11:48 AM   #378

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I don't think It was a mock-up more likely some stuff was left out (sensor, mirror), to no make it usable in case of theft.
This is not good. I know at least one forum member (starts with Mistral, ends in 75) who had plans on walking away with it/ running away with it/ casually sauntering away with it...
11-23-2015, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #379
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DoubtingThomas Quote
This is not good. I know at least one forum member (starts with Mistral, ends in 75) who had plans on walking away with it/ running away with it/ casually sauntering away with it...

That plan may not work

11-23-2015, 11:52 AM   #380
Veteran Member

Not to me, is a display, not a demo. When the first batch of the camera is made and QC is made to them, is safe to make a demo to make the public "feel" the final product. The oficial presentation is tbd until spring, so i do not expect to see a functional presentation until that day.
11-23-2015, 12:05 PM   #381
Banned

Photos: Gallery
So what was on display in Paris was Plastic Lump v2.0, essentially.
Not very encouraging at all.
I guess we won't see the camera in spring, but at Photokina. In spring we will see the next stage of the mock-up.
11-23-2015, 12:08 PM   #382
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I guess we won't see the camera in spring, but at Photokina. In spring we will see the next stage of the mock-up.
or NEVER Because it is a big hoax right?

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/56667850

Last edited by D1N0; 11-23-2015 at 12:21 PM.
11-23-2015, 12:21 PM - 1 Like   #383
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

It is spring here in New Zealand right now. First country to see the New Year (excepting some Pacific islands), and hopefully first country to see the new Pentax FF.

So, maybe this camera will be released in New Zealand any day now. You Northern Hemisphere Pentaxians will have to wait 6 months yet. We will be too busy out shooting our Pentax FF cameras in the lovely spring weather, and then into summer to worry too much about posting reviews on forums
11-23-2015, 12:23 PM   #384
Banned

I know you have problems with me and what I write. You think that all I say is negative about Pentax. In reality I do some times some research on things and try to be to the point.

You on the other hand always see the bright Sight in everything. You play your childish Pentax fancard over and over again. Fine with me. Just stick to things you can be real about. I don't chase you, so why would you do on me.
11-23-2015, 12:25 PM   #385

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
It is spring here in New Zealand right now. First country to see the New Year (excepting some Pacific islands), and hopefully first country to see the new Pentax FF.

So, maybe this camera will be released in New Zealand any day now. You Northern Hemisphere Pentaxians will have to wait 6 months yet. We will be too busy out shooting our Pentax FF cameras in the lovely spring weather, and then into summer to worry too much about posting reviews on forums
I do miss NZ...including Timaru ! Enjoy !
11-23-2015, 12:26 PM   #386
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I don't think It was a mock-up more likely some stuff was left out (sensor, mirror), to no make it usable in case of theft.
That's always been my thought
11-23-2015, 12:27 PM   #387
Banned

I'm not the first to write about the new Full Frame that could be expected maybe only at Photokina and not before. That was written at this forum already over half a year ago. It does seem more and more a real option.
11-23-2015, 12:32 PM - 1 Like   #388
Pentaxian

I know you have problems with me and what I write. You think that all I say is negative about Pentax. In reality I do some times some research on things and try to be to the point.

You on the other hand always see the bright Sight in everything. You play your childish Pentax fancard over and over again. Fine with me. Just stick to things you can be real about. I don't chase you, so why would you do on me.
you have just earned yourself a place on my ignore list which contains exactly one person now
11-23-2015, 12:33 PM   #389
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm not the first to write about the new Full Frame that could be expected maybe only at Photokina and not before. That was written at this forum already over half a year ago. It does seem more and more a real option.
And if it is Photokina, it will be spring here in New Zealand again - can't miss really . Go Spring!!!!
11-23-2015, 12:45 PM   #390
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It does seem more and more a real option.
Why? They said spring, what makes you think there will be another 6 month delay? If they do not show until Photokina 2016, then I think they should just forget it. But we have seen several times it stated that the camera is nearly complete. Maybe I missed something so I ask what makes you think no FF will be seen for 10 months?