Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2008, 02:52 AM   #31
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nowhere, Sweden
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 654
I don't endorse any form of advertising written as posts in any forum, mail, newsgroup or whatever. Pay up for an advert in the top of the forum and I won't say a word, but to regulary enter a forum to post links to your own blog is not fine. There is a link in your signature, since when is that not enough. Put the content of your blogpost into the forum and I won't say a word.

06-26-2008, 02:54 AM   #32
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,309
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
So, what you need to do is to skip. My blog won't welcome you to visit neither - the same applies: you waste the bandwidth of the Goggle server and the internet as well, just in case if you still need to read.
OK...I have had enough RH....

Listen very, very closely. You are not a PHOTOGRAPHER...I repeat..."You are NOT a Photographer".

Every time you post on this forum, I prey that you might just post one of your images. Now, I wouldn't mind it so much if you posted what you do, if you did so with some semblance of experience. I am not asking you to be a Pro. I am just asking you to actually use the stuff that you speak of.

I understand what you are doing. I know what "Buzz" marketing is,as I own an Ad Agency.

I love "Buzz" marketing, but you better be able to stand behind what you say by what you do.

Even critics in the automotive field know how to drive. They aren't F1 drivers, but are passionate about the sport.

You are neither of the above. You remind me of someone else named Uncle Phil. No actually not. Uncle Phil takes photos. "Crappy" yes, but does take photos.

You HAVEN'T ANY CREDIBILITY FOR ME AS YOU DO "NOT" SPEAK THE LANGUAGE.

Merci
Ben
06-26-2008, 03:00 AM   #33
Inactive Account




Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 34

Last edited by ibbe; 06-26-2008 at 03:07 AM.
06-26-2008, 03:01 AM   #34
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,934
So, what do you want to say?

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
OK...I have had enough RH....

Listen very, very closely. You are not a PHOTOGRAPHER...I repeat..."You are NOT a Photographer".

Every time you post on this forum, I prey that you might just post one of your images. Now, I wouldn't mind it so much if you posted what you do, if you did so with some semblance of experience. I am not asking you to be a Pro. I am just asking you to actually use the stuff that you speak of.

I understand what you are doing. I know what "Buzz" marketing is,as I own an Ad Agency.

I love "Buzz" marketing, but you better be able to stand behind what you say by what you do.

Even critics in the automotive field know how to drive. They aren't F1 drivers, but are passionate about the sport.

You are neither of the above. You remind me of someone else named Uncle Phil. No actually not. Uncle Phil takes photos. "Crappy" yes, but does take photos.

You HAVEN'T ANY CREDIBILITY FOR ME AS YOU DO "NOT" SPEAK THE LANGUAGE.

Merci
Ben
My credibility is that I don't receive money from Pentax but only paid them. Enough said.

As for the photos by Uncle Phil, I like most of those posted. They are not crappy. At least most of these are taken with ambient/natural light in *real life* and represent true reference value for a gear test and is surely beneficial to the internet community. These are for earning money, though, but still are not for sales to or to please particular client and/or to earn money from sponsorship.

Eventually, I am the customer of Pentax and you're whom Pentax are paying you. So, you earn money indirectly from me. See?

P.S. I shall not respond further to your personal attack. If you can come back to discuss about the DPR review, I am glad to talk with you again.

06-26-2008, 03:07 AM   #35
Veteran Member
ftpaddict's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Yurp
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,669
Original Poster
Benjamin is no longer sponsored by Pentax, RH. I take it you're the last one to find out.
06-26-2008, 03:09 AM   #36
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
QuoteQuote:
Eventually, I am the customer of Pentax and you're whom Pentax are paying you. So, you earn money indirectly from me. See?
you must have missed the whole story of how been is no longer sponsored by pentax. and I agree you should stop posting links to your blog in your posts, its fair enough that you have it in your signature, thats fine. no need to go advertising your blog even further every time you post in a thread.
06-26-2008, 03:11 AM   #37
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,934
Thanks for the info!

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Benjamin is no longer sponsored by Pentax, RH. I take it you're the last one to find out.
BUT should the gear given, if any, be returned to Pentax France if so? Just curious.. Anyone knows?
06-26-2008, 03:13 AM   #38
Veteran Member
ftpaddict's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Yurp
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,669
Original Poster
I'm not familiar with the details in the contract, but I assume they gave him the equipment. It wasn't lent to him. He could have easily sold all of it once he was done with the sponsorship. The fact that he hasn't speaks volumes about his faith in the equipment; at least for the time being.

06-26-2008, 03:17 AM   #39
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,934
OIC. n/t

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
I'm not familiar with the details in the contract, but I assume they gave him the equipment. It wasn't lent to him. He could have easily sold all of it once he was done with the sponsorship. The fact that he hasn't speaks volumes about his faith in the equipment; at least for the time being.
Nooooo TExtt
06-26-2008, 03:27 AM   #40
Veteran Member
ftpaddict's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Yurp
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,669
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Nooooo TExtt
What's that even mean?
06-26-2008, 03:30 AM   #41
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
QuoteQuote:
Nooooo TExtt
:ugh:your making no sense.
06-26-2008, 03:43 AM   #42
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Spain
Posts: 189
Count on me too for that campaign entitled

PLEASE RH STOP SPAMMING THIS FORUM WITH LINKS TO YOUR BLOG

And on topic: if anybody is still in 2008 expecting a fair, unbiased review at DP Review when they deal with Pentax or Olympus, please wake up to reality.

Their objectivity is restricted to the big two guns; other brands are, ahem, less (profitable) good to their eyes.
06-26-2008, 03:44 AM   #43
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,309
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
My credibility is that I don't receive money from Pentax but only paid them. Enough said.

As for the photos by Uncle Phil, I like most of those posted. They are not crappy. At least most of these are taken with ambient/natural light in *real life* and represent true reference value for a gear test and is surely beneficial to the internet community. These are for earning money, though, but still are not for sales to or to please particular client and/or to earn money from sponsorship.

Eventually, I am the customer of Pentax and you're whom Pentax are paying you. So, you earn money indirectly from me. See?

P.S. I shall not respond further to your personal attack. If you can come back to discuss about the DPR review, I am glad to talk with you again.
LISTEN RH...

I AM NOT SPONSORED BY PENTAX..I JUST USE THEIR GEAR...GET IT?????


Ben
06-26-2008, 03:48 AM   #44
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,309
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
BUT should the gear given, if any, be returned to Pentax France if so? Just curious.. Anyone knows?
I was given all of the stuff. I could have sold it all and gone to one of the BIG OTHERS and received a Pro Price. Again, I was approached by one of the BIG OTHERS for sponsorship and declined their offer. I have been a free agent for several months. I am keeping my Pentax gear. I actually have to pay for stuff now. In fact I recently purchased a new Pentax Ltd 43mm lens.

What a "Nebisch..."
06-26-2008, 04:02 AM   #45
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,934
Silly

QuoteOriginally posted by cateto Quote
And on topic: if anybody is still in 2008 expecting a fair, unbiased review at DP Review when they deal with Pentax or Olympus, please wake up to reality.

Their objectivity is restricted to the big two guns; other brands are, ahem, less (profitable) good to their eyes.
They are presenting factual lab test results to back up their claims and comments. What're the ground of you in making your above claim/defamation to DPR then?

Note also that Pentax is also making Ad at DPR, so?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k20d, pentax news, pentax rumors, review
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DPR review the DA 15mm ltd F4 Adrian Owerko Pentax News and Rumors 32 05-07-2009 11:36 AM
DPR KM (K2000) Review Rush2112 Pentax News and Rumors 35 02-03-2009 01:30 PM
My Grievances with DPR and their K-m Review RiceHigh General Talk 5 01-31-2009 12:02 PM
DPR review of the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art Vandelay II Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 15 08-19-2008 05:25 PM
DPR D300 review bymy141 General Talk 16 03-13-2008 04:24 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:05 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top