Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2015, 12:13 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Japan seems to have entered recession territory again despite efforts to weaken the currency hoping to encourage companies (Japan,Inc.) to invest in production facilities for export growth and to raise wages. Rather, companies are reducing head count, consolidating production facilities, delaying product introductions and rationalizing balance sheets. *

* Source: Bloomberg, which sees this as devasting for Prime Minister Shinzo Abe politically and for Anenomics generally.
I think Bloomberg accidentally left out "and not blocking and tackling".

11-17-2015, 01:23 PM   #32
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
I played with a prototype of the 70-200 f2.8 a few weeks ago at an expo. It's AF speed on the K3 was very very quick, impressively so. Accuracy was pretty decent in low light as well. I was blown away. I would say its on par with the 70-200 VRII from Nikon actually in all ways from build quality, speed of AF, and size and heft. I didn't have my camera on me so I wasn't able to compare directly.

It's going to be a very impressive lens.

---------- Post added 11-16-2015 at 10:11 AM ----------

we are heading into a global recession right now overall. so I doubt that makes a huge difference.

we will see consumer spending drop in 2016 overall.
The Nikkor can be bought in shops and the next updated version is around the corner... big difference