Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 134 Likes Search this Thread
12-03-2015, 05:59 AM   #376
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I think the rumor is fake to promote a brand new forum which, what an accident, is started the same day by the same poster.

If turning out correct, it would make most sense as a deal for exclusive supply of Samsung NX sensor tech (full frame assumed) to Nikon, in return to drop Sony and buy NX patents. Nikon may not have paid a cent then. I don't see Korean engineers move to Japan or Nikon support the NX mount or lenses. NX is dead, one way or another. It won't even imply a Nikon mirrorless.

If Samsung closes the NX camera division, they got a problem: What to do with the sensor department which continues to be required for smartphones? Best would be to find a customer for the sensors. Difficult against Sony, so why not add a few NX patents to the deal?

That's the only way I see which makes sense. (...)
I agree with your "deal for exclusive supply of Samsung NX sensor tech (full frame assumed) to Nikon, in return to drop Sony and buy NX patents" but I would add the digital imaging processor tech (and supply) to the sensor tech.

As far as video capabilities and maximum burst rate are concerned, Samsung's 'DRIMe' DIPs, which derive from their 'Exynos' designed for smart phones, are vastly superior to to the 'Milbeaut' DIPs that Nikon purchase from Socionext (spin-off of Fujitsu) and rename 'Expeed'.

12-03-2015, 06:07 AM   #377
Veteran Member

Oh well, seems like I believed and spread an unsubstantiated rumour. There's a first time for everything
12-03-2015, 08:17 AM   #378
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
FWIW: Ricoh openly stated they wanted to become the #3 imaging brand.
Don't know how old that statement is, but I don't think you can find anyone within Ricoh that would make that statement today.

Camera sales are very low this quarter compared to one year ago. Japan and Europe are much down. I think we don't have to be scared if the januari report would state that sales over this quarter for Ricoh Imaging are down by 30 - 40 % compared to the same period in 2014.
12-03-2015, 09:41 AM   #379
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Don't know how old that statement is, but I don't think you can find anyone within Ricoh that would make that statement today.

Camera sales are very low this quarter compared to one year ago. Japan and Europe are much down. I think we don't have to be scared if the januari report would state that sales over this quarter for Ricoh Imaging are down by 30 - 40 % compared to the same period in 2014.
Which would be perfectly normal as the K-50 was sold cheap, the K-3 was new, the 645Z was introduced, the KS-1 and QS-1 came at the middle of the year. The GR managed to be sold as fast as the production was running. Even more, some purchases in 2015 may have been withheld with the now confirmed advent of the full 35mm frame model.

Last edited by MMVIII; 12-03-2015 at 09:53 AM.
12-03-2015, 09:46 AM   #380
Pentaxian

Should we expect a spike next year, not as much in terms of units, as in terms of value? Each K-1 sold would make for a couple of K-3 IIs.
12-03-2015, 09:56 AM   #381
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
K-3 IIs.
K3IIs??? Not announced yet
12-03-2015, 10:15 AM   #382
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Each K-1 sold would make for a couple of K-3 IIs.
This is where the possessive apostrophe, usually incorrectly applied, is actually helpful in terms of clarification.

12-03-2015, 10:28 AM   #383
Pentaxian

But you would understand even if I'm using the correct form, right?
12-03-2015, 10:30 AM   #384
Veteran Member

But you would understand even if I'm using the correct form, right?
Yes...
12-03-2015, 12:17 PM   #385
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sales volume doesn't necessarily affect strategic goals, unless they prove to be so low that you decide to abandon them altogether. That goes for the market as a whole, not just your own sales.

What it should affect is the strategy employed to achieve those goals.
12-03-2015, 12:55 PM   #386
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Sales volume doesn't necessarily affect strategic goals, unless they prove to be so low that you decide to abandon them altogether. That goes for the market as a whole, not just your own sales.

What it should affect is the strategy employed to achieve those goals.
Yes but there is also Ricoh headquarter looking over the sholder of Ricoh Imaging. No idea how they would see it.

Last edited by RonHendriks1966; 12-03-2015 at 02:09 PM.
12-03-2015, 01:00 PM   #387
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Back on the topic, I received today this e-mail from another french Pentax shop:

QuoteQuote:
Chers amis, Pentaxistes….

Des news Pentax
Spécial fin d’année ….
Pentax, a édité un chéquier : Remise immédiate sur les optiques de fin 2015 à fin 2016.
Ceux qui le peuvent, sont invités à le retirer au magasin.
Ceux qui le souhaite, un simple mail, et je vous l’envoie.
Le plein format, qui se fait attendre, seras dispo Fin Mars, avec de nouveaux objectifs, je n manquerai pas de vous recontacter.
Translation:

QuoteQuote:
Dear Pentaxian friends….

Pentax news
End of year specials ….
Pentax, published a checkbook: Immediate discount on lenses from the end of 2015 to the end of 2016.
Those who can are invited to get it at the store.
Other who want can request it by mail.
The full frame, which is delayed, will be available at the end of March, with new lenses, I will contact you again.
I don't understand well what is the checkbook, I asked it by mail, I'm waiting the answer.
12-03-2015, 01:03 PM   #388
Pentaxian

Yes but there is also Ricoh headquarter looking over the shot der of Ricoh Imaging. No idea how they would see it.
There is so much pent up demand for the Pentax FF, they know they can sell it.
12-03-2015, 01:33 PM - 2 Likes   #389
Forum Member

There isn't a sewing circle anywhere that can hold a candle to this place!
12-03-2015, 06:50 PM   #390
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bryce K Quote
There isn't a sewing circle anywhere that can hold a candle to this place!
I was going to ask what a sewing circle is but nevermind. Lake Arrowhead, CA? You were on Restaurant Impossible last night!!!!!!!
Closed Thread