Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2015, 01:30 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
No need to die

Buying online is also possible, though i don't know if they ship internationally.
No. The only country option in their shipping "dropdown" box is France. But shipping is free.

11-20-2015, 01:56 PM   #62
Veteran Member

The store could work on it's labeling...
Objectif smc DA 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] DC WR
11-20-2015, 02:02 PM   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
When did Pentax officially say that?! Do you have a source?

And to be honest, we have heard too many "I talked to this one dealer and he said camera X will have feature A, T and C." stories that turned out to be wrong to still take these rumours seriously.
It was said by a Pentax official, back in Feb. or whenever.... honestly sometimes I don't know what the reading comprehension levels are on this site. Now a person like , myself, Pentax Officially sends an Exec official to an official camera show and he announce in front of a rolling recorder that the camera will be between 30 and 40 or something like that, acting in his official capacity as Pentax spokesperson, and you guys pretend like it's not official. Why do you put yourselves through this grief?

Personally if it turns out to be more or less, I could care less, right now the "official" word is 36. And I'm going with that until it changes, because there is just no point in further speculation, or pretending like it didn't happen.

36 until further notice. Officially.
11-20-2015, 02:07 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If it's 36 (or more) MP, I'm in. Twenty-four and it won't interest me, I'm afraid. I already have a couple of very good 24 MP cameras in my K-3 and K-3 II.

11-20-2015, 02:17 PM   #65
Veteran Member

You've got cameras in your K-3 and K-3 II?
11-20-2015, 02:17 PM   #66
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
If it's 36 (or more) MP, I'm in. Twenty-four and it won't interest me, I'm afraid. I already have a couple of very good 24 MP cameras in my K-3 and K-3 II.
That's what I don't get.... people buying 24 MP FF cameras.... with the D4s and A7s with their high ISO performance, I get it, but a regular 24MP FF has very little advantage over a 24 MP APS-c, you gain a stop of narrow DOF for wide glass, and you lose a stop of DoF, at the long end. Plus wide angle tends to look a little better on FF, less distortion... that must be it.

But then there still is not Pentax 14-24.... so how's that going to work? By 24mm, they're practically identical.

Last edited by normhead; 11-20-2015 at 03:30 PM.
11-20-2015, 02:27 PM   #67
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
No. The only country option in their shipping "dropdown" box is France. But shipping is free.
I wonder what would happen if you gave them an address in St Pierre & Miquelon.

11-20-2015, 02:34 PM - 2 Likes   #68
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
SO the guy there has handled one, but doesn't have a smile of permanent bliss welded on his face, and hasn't won any photo competitions yet? That's it, I'm not buying one.
Maybe not a permanent smile, but he probably does have a pretty bad case of priapism.

Last edited by jcdoss; 11-20-2015 at 03:02 PM. Reason: added "probably," since like everyone else, I'm only guessing!
11-20-2015, 02:36 PM   #69
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It was said by a Pentax official, back in Feb. or whenever.... honestly sometimes I don't know what the reading comprehension levels are on this site. Now a person like , myself, Pentax Officially sends an Exec official to an official camera show and he announce in front of a rolling recorder that the camera will be between 30 and 40 or something like that, acting in his official capacity as Pentax spokesperson, and you guys pretend like it's not official.
If this was meant to provide clarity, it officially does not.

Edit: With full reading comprehension in tact, all I can gather from this is that an unspecified “official” made a non-specific statement at an unspecified time and location.

Last edited by TomTextura; 11-20-2015 at 03:08 PM.
11-20-2015, 02:39 PM   #70
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Maybe not a permanent smile, but he does have a pretty bad case of priapism.
He might want to go the emergency room...
11-20-2015, 02:47 PM   #71
Veteran Member

I'm thinking about 2 Pentax full frames. The flagship is 36 +mps for prestigious and the other 24 mps for real money adopted. The less mps one will give Pentax money.
11-20-2015, 02:54 PM   #72
Veteran Member

It was said by a Pentax official, back in Feb. or whenever.... honestly sometimes I don't know what the reading comprehension levels are on this site. Now a person like , myself, Pentax Officially sends an Exec official to an official camera show and he announce in front of a rolling recorder that the camera will be between 30 and 40 or something like that, acting in his official capacity as Pentax spokesperson, and you guys pretend like it's not official. Why do you put yourselves through this grief?
I'm well aware of the meaning of the term 'official' - I just wasn't aware that Pentax ever stated that the sensor will be in the 30s MP range. So far I was under the impression that Ricoh Imaging had never made a statement, official or not, on the resolution. So all I was asking for was a source, or even just a little explanation. Your little excursion on reading comprehension and semantics wasn't really necessary.

Last edited by FantasticMrFox; 11-20-2015 at 03:17 PM.
11-20-2015, 02:59 PM   #73
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
They probably did the update on the production database/web pages and using the same page template... then the day was over and they did not had time to finish their work.. .

11-20-2015, 03:42 PM   #74
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
I'm well aware of the meaning of the term 'official' - I just wasn't aware that Pentax ever stated that the sensor will be in the 30s MP range. So far I was under the impression that Ricoh Imaging had never made a statement, official or not, on the resolution. So all I was asking for was a source, or even just a little explanation. Your little excursion on reading comprehension and semantics wasn't really necessary.
I thought everyone on the site had seen it.... it used to be a link on the home page back in Feb. I don't know where to find it now.

And yes, many continued to pretend there had been no official announcement even after they read it. You've jumped into a topic with a bit of history.

But I am curious,
QuoteQuote:
So far I was under the impression that Ricoh Imaging had never made a statement, official or not, on the resolution.
You must have been listening to some of those people of which I speak.

I think for some people, official means there has to be an advertisement somewhere. God knows, once it's in an ad it's the truth...
11-20-2015, 03:59 PM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zmohie Quote
I'm thinking about 2 Pentax full frames. The flagship is 36 +mps for prestigious and the other 24 mps for real money adopted. The less mps one will give Pentax money.
I agree. Two bodies (ie D750 + D810 clones) would be sensible for Pentax and nice for users.

But reading the smoke-signals, a single 36MP body seems most likely. At least at launch.

If they keep the price reasonable, include all sorts of nice features, and can squeeze more than 5fps out of it in full-frame mode , 36MP would be fine with me.
Closed Thread