Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2015, 03:03 AM - 3 Likes   #286
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Maybe the camera is far from ready.
Haha, why isn't this post from you to anyone's surprise. You really grew into a FUD-master...

11-29-2015, 03:19 AM - 5 Likes   #287
HavelockV

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
Haha, why isn't this post from you to anyone's surprise. You really grew into a FUD-master...
+1

What do we learn about a person, who - after being married for 3 years - still "visits" (without ever being invited) his first beautiful ex-girlfriend on a weekly basis just to shout at her "you are so much worse than my current wife" a dozen times?

The internet sadly seems to collect these types, though.
11-29-2015, 03:34 AM   #288
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Are you really interested in this camera, Ron, or are you done with photography? Because only an ardent pessimist would keep saying something isn't coming when the number of sightings of the body keeps increasing. Certainly it is being beta tested as we speak -- probably mostly in Japan.

It just seems like you show up in various threads to be negative about Pentax's future, when the reality is that it seems far better than any time in the last several years. Clearly Ricoh has invested in the brand and is releasing new bodies and lenses. Unlike a company like Samsung, they seem committed to doing what it takes to grow Pentax's market share over time.
11-29-2015, 04:00 AM   #289
Pentaxian

Pentax FF prototype is working but full of hardware and software bugs, because of announcing the Pentax FF before having it, engineering process was screwed-up (that's what happens when we don't have the means to match the ambition), so were unable to release this year, and now they are sorting out all the things that aren't working. I can see how the K-3 works (sometimes hanging for no reason, unable to save a resized JPEG from SD1 to SD2 etc)... Better fix the bugs , than screw-up their market introduction.

11-29-2015, 04:08 AM   #290
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Are you really interested in this camera, Ron, or are you done with photography? Because only an ardent pessimist would keep saying something isn't coming when the number of sightings of the body keeps increasing. Certainly it is being beta tested as we speak -- probably mostly in Japan.

It just seems like you show up in various threads to be negative about Pentax's future, when the reality is that it seems far better than any time in the last several years. Clearly Ricoh has invested in the brand and is releasing new bodies and lenses. Unlike a company like Samsung, they seem committed to doing what it takes to grow Pentax's market share over time.
I still have my K-01. I even bought a new Pentax lens this year. (Two new lenses in fact) That maybe makes me the best Pentax customer in some of these threads.

Showing the same thing in New York and Paris doesn't make it anymore real or ready. It's a not functional camera prototype or mock-up. That doesn't change even when people scream that it will be ready in a minute.

The thing is that Pentax themselves are the one who create this situation. And to me it seems they have trouble handling it. In the past Pentax was very seald and no information came out but just some week's before a new product was launched. Now we are talking about a full year of time from announcing the FF last cp+ and hopefull launching the FF coming cp+.

To handle that I think that a transformation of their policy would make life easier. Become a modern Western open communicative organisation. The thing in New York where the mock-up showed for a day and then disappeared was clearly a sign of weakness. Doing something that was some how out of controll because the game changed and Pentax head office lost controll.
11-29-2015, 04:14 AM - 1 Like   #291
Veteran Member

Im so glad you know it all..haha!
11-29-2015, 04:19 AM - 1 Like   #292
Pentaxian

I still have my K-01. I even bought a new Pentax lens this year. (Two new lenses in fact) That maybe makes me the best Pentax customer in some of these threads.
Yeah that's clear, seems that there's no correlation between the amount of thread on the forum and the amount of spending in K mount products. Personally I find Pentax-forum pretty entertaining, I wouldn't even have to have any Pentax camera to participate. Basically, anyone could actually only talk good about Pentax and have a full Canon system beside.

Once upon a time, I was marketer for mobile telephony hardware, in the UK, when customers were complaining, my boss used to say "when a customer complains that's good news, that means they are still attached. However, if your customers are silent, it mean they are currently busy evaluating our competition."

11-29-2015, 04:35 AM   #293
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Showing the same thing in New York and Paris doesn't make it anymore real or ready. It's a not functional camera prototype or mock-up. That doesn't change even when people scream that it will be ready in a minute.

The thing is that Pentax themselves are the one who create this situation. And to me it seems they have trouble handling it. In the past Pentax was very seald and no information came out but just some week's before a new product was launched. Now we are talking about a full year of time from announcing the FF last cp+ and hopefull launching the FF coming cp+.

To handle that I think that a transformation of their policy would make life easier. Become a modern Western open communicative organisation. The thing in New York where the mock-up showed for a day and then disappeared was clearly a sign of weakness. Doing something that was some how out of controll because the game changed and Pentax head office lost controll.
I bought a K-S1 and the DFA 24-70 so far this year with two 540 flashes, for what it's worth.

My perspective is that Pentax is in better shape than it has been in years. Under Hoya, there was always a serious question as to whether or not the next camera body would be the last one. New lenses dried up completely. Hoya gradually finished all the lenses that Pentax had been working on pre-acquisition and then decided weather seal existing lenses and that was about it. R and D must have about ground to a halt, because every new camera still sported the same 11 auto focus points, with some tweaks.

The fact that we are seeing new lenses, new bodies does make me happy, but honestly, my current cameras and lenses shoot just fine. If I feel melancholic at all, I put a lens on my K5 II or my K-01 or my K3 and go out and shoot some photos. And my cameras continue to take photos as good as my skill level. And that makes me the happiest of all.

11-29-2015, 04:36 AM   #294
Pentaxian

Never met a more enthusiast pessimist.
11-29-2015, 04:42 AM   #295
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
Never met a more enthusiast pessimist.
I don't mind being called a pessimist. Do you think that the camera will be more ready at this moment because of the optimist in this community?
11-29-2015, 05:03 AM   #296
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HavelockV Quote
The internet sadly seems to collect these types, though.
Oh, they've always been out there, it's just the internet brings us into contact with them!
11-29-2015, 05:21 AM - 2 Likes   #297
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
Oh, they've always been out there, it's just the internet brings us into contact with them!
I don't mind being called a pessimist. Do you think that the camera will be more ready at this moment because of the optimist in this community?
Truth be told, being optimistic is useful especially when you think of selling some or all of your K mount gear when you want to switch. The guy who is pessimistic screw himself up.

So, lets be optimistic: Ricoh are the best of all !!! (and don't say it is not true you bad pessimitic) :-)
11-29-2015, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #298
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax has never said anything about the FF other than Spring, 2016. Everything else we think we know comes from cryptic posts and purported hints from people who claim to know things. The problem is, neither of the two above 'contributors' knows any more than anyone else here (other than one known ambassador) about Pentax or the camera industry or manufacturing or marketing or just business in general. They're just making s&*t up to sound like they know things. Maybe they enjoy reading replies, maybe they're just twisted, maybe they're actual corporate trolls - but whatever they are their posts show up on the internet and the casual reader doesn't know their history.

I wish, if these people didn't have something truthful and insightful to post, they would just stop.

Last edited by monochrome; 11-29-2015 at 08:16 AM.
11-29-2015, 07:43 AM   #299
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I wish, if these people didn't have something truthful and insightful to post, they would just stop.
Well then we better close all threads about the FF K-1 since there is mostly speculation in it.
11-29-2015, 08:07 AM   #300
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Are you really interested in this camera, Ron, or are you done with photography? Because only an ardent pessimist would keep saying something isn't coming when the number of sightings of the body keeps increasing. Certainly it is being beta tested as we speak -- probably mostly in Japan..
Camera sightings - - I remember when there were quite a few sightings and rumors about a remarkable SLR called the Zunow. Try to find one.
Closed Thread