Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 134 Likes Search this Thread
11-30-2015, 12:56 PM   #316
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hkonowal Quote
This news just in from ITWorldCanada.com - wondering if the Ricoh/Pentax folks are glomming onto this new development? Maybe for the K-1 II

Forget WiFi – LiFi to transfer data at light speed
Wifi is good because it is a standard and everybody has it. With wifi you can ensure your camera communicate with your computer, your smartphone, that it get internet access and so on.

This thing is not practical for now because nobody use it. No value to incorporate it in a camera.

11-30-2015, 02:36 PM   #317
Veteran Member

Because it depends on visible light, the signal doesn’t penetrate walls.
No thanks. You won't even be able to walk from room to room while using it.
11-30-2015, 04:47 PM - 4 Likes   #318
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can make stuff up if you pretend you didn't make it up. "I was in Vancouver the other day at a camera store, and the guy who drinks wine from a brown paper bag in front of the camera store claims a Pentax rep dropped a full frame in his lap, and he discovered it had 8K video and a 1200 frame buffer, as well as a USB port capable of mounting a 128 GB flash drive, and the built in sound replay amp goes up to 11. He'd have found out more but the guy came out and took it back."

Last edited by normhead; 11-30-2015 at 04:54 PM.
11-30-2015, 05:08 PM - 1 Like   #319
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
...and the built in sound replay amp goes up to 11
No way. You've just lost all credibility!

11-30-2015, 05:34 PM - 1 Like   #320
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
No way. You've just lost all credibility!
...or gained heaps of it, depending on what you're smoking.
11-30-2015, 05:36 PM   #321
Veteran Member

No kidding, I had a Fender de Luxe amplifier that went up to 12! My brother has it now.
11-30-2015, 05:38 PM   #322
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
You can make stuff up if you pretend you didn't make it up. "I was in Vancouver the other day at a camera store, and the guy who drinks wine from a brown paper bag in front of the camera store claims a Pentax rep dropped a full frame in his lap, and he discovered it had 8K video and a 1200 frame buffer, as well as a USB port capable of mounting a 128 GB flash drive, and the built in sound replay amp goes up to 11. He'd have found out more but the guy came out and took it back."

You could put a big 'Satire Only' warning on that and they'd still be all over this in the DPR forums.

12-01-2015, 12:21 AM   #323
ogl
Banned

This news just in from ITWorldCanada.com - wondering if the Ricoh/Pentax folks are glomming onto this new development? Maybe for the K-1 II

Forget WiFi – LiFi to transfer data at light speed
LiFi coudn't work thru walls.
12-01-2015, 02:05 AM   #324

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
LiFi coudn't work thru walls.
Yes, but apparently the scientists have moved onto a new programme developing glass bricks with 100% light transmission.
Brian
12-01-2015, 02:36 AM   #325
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BrianL Quote
Yes, but apparently the scientists have moved onto a new programme developing glass bricks with 100% light transmission.
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
You could put a big 'Satire Only' warning on that and they'd still be all over this in the DPR forums

What he said!
12-01-2015, 04:12 AM   #326
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
No kidding, I had a Fender de Luxe amplifier that went up to 12! My brother has it now.
Not even a tube screamer built-in?
Pentax is doomed ^^
12-01-2015, 05:34 AM   #327
Forum Member

I'm happy to read:
"PENTAX is launching a digital SRL with a brand-new format. Reliability rooted in history and technology. Incomparable originality. These are all unique and attractive cameras that only PENTAX can offer." Full Frame by PENTAX | RICOH IMAGING
I hope, this mean something different than rumor about 36Mpix CMOS
12-01-2015, 05:49 AM   #328
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gedasst Quote
I'm happy to read:
"PENTAX is launching a digital SRL with a brand-new format [...]I hope, this mean something different than rumor about 36Mpix CMOS
No, someone already pointed out that the 'brand-new format' is a poor translation from the Japanese original. A proper translation suggests that it only is a brand-new format for Pentax. Which would be digital full frame.

Also, I don't get the teaser. It's supposed to, well, tease. Film teasers reveal brand new information and get people excited, but the Pentax FF teaser always lacks behind what is already known. It was still showing the 3D printed mockup when the actual body had already been on display at trade shows. Now it has been updated, but there is literally nothing new. Just stuff we've already seen weeks ago.
12-01-2015, 06:03 AM   #329
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BrianL Quote
Brian
This already exist it is called bay window :P But this is not that popular for bathrooms !
12-01-2015, 07:15 AM   #330
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Also, I don't get the teaser. It's supposed to, well, tease. Film teasers reveal brand new information and get people excited, but the Pentax FF teaser always lacks behind what is already known.
What is already known... by whom? Not every potential customer is as well informed as the best-informed Pentaxforums member. And even Pentaxforums members are informed to a various degree. For example, there are people here still believing the FF does not exist
Closed Thread