Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2015, 05:23 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
The Ricoh 'Pentax Story' tablet presentation has been updated to include presentation of a new chapter about the history of Pentax cameras from 1919 onwards, and a few other topics.

The updated app is only available for iPad presently, but in the past they have also made available an Android version too:

Ricoh web page about the app

Apple Store link

I personally don't have an iPad, so I can't open it up, but it seems potentially interesting.
The format, for iOS or Android, but not pdf, may tell us a lot about Pentax's marketing orientation.

12-06-2015, 08:25 PM - 4 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Here you are a PDF from the compiled screenshots I have taken from the pages of the Pentax Story - Android version.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72661506/Pentax%20Story.pdf
12-06-2015, 10:43 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Thank you very much for that

actually is that the right one? I thought it was about the history of Pentax?

Last edited by beachgardener; 12-07-2015 at 12:30 AM.
12-07-2015, 12:36 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Caver Quote
Here you are a PDF from the compiled screenshots I have taken from the pages of the Pentax Story - Android version.

Pretty cool stuff about some cool lenses, but it doesn't appear to be the story of Pentax from 1919. . . .

---------- Post added 12-07-2015 at 01:38 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Bophoto Quote
It“s not compatible with my cellphone with Android 4.1.2...
The Google Play Store webpage says "OS: Android 4.3、4.4"

I don't know why they couldn't have made the presentation compatible with older versions of Android and iOS, but they apparently didn't.

12-07-2015, 12:43 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
The old version (currently on Android) lacks the new Pentax history stuff. Eventually Ricoh will make the Android and iOS versions match [I guess].

Why they can't just make a PDF version while they are at it is a mystery.

And make a few YouTube videos too on the same themes (Pentax Story, Pentax History, etc). Link them into the Pentax Facebooks and Instagrams. And make the whole current iPad only presentation an interactive web mini-site, like they used to do with the K-x colour-selector mini-site and others. Recycle the same content through all those platforms too - easy and cheap.

One day Ricoh will learn how to do interactive (and social media) marketing.
12-07-2015, 12:51 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
One day Ricoh will learn how to do interactive (and social media) marketing.
There are probably a bunch of us here who would do all that stuff for them for free, just to alleviate the aggravation.
This stuff is all pretty simple these days. High School kids are writing apps and getting rich. Facebook is kids' stuff, too.
If anyone has an "in" with Pentax, ask why they don't at least open themselves up to suggestions so we can help.
So many people have such pride in their gear and the Pentax history, I'm sure we'd have a couple decent ideas.
12-07-2015, 12:55 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

Someone should just ask Rupert what it was like in 1919. Must have been exciting to have been there at the birth!
12-07-2015, 09:21 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Caver Quote

Thanks!

COuld someone with the newer (IOS) version do this too?

12-07-2015, 06:30 PM   #24
Pentaxian

I will try to get an iPad from someone and do the same - probably between Christmas and New Year's Eve.
Or if someone (with an iPad) is willing to make the screenshots and send them to me I can compile them to a PDF and repost. Hopefully the "good" version has less "pages" than The Lord of the Rings trilogy
12-08-2015, 02:26 AM   #25
Pentaxian

It can't be viewed on my Bada smartphone or my Linux laptop or my Windows computer or my Android smart TV. :thumbdown:
12-08-2015, 09:00 AM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
Windows computer
Get an Android Emulator, wait I need to try this now