Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2015, 01:53 AM - 2 Likes   #136

Well, I see a chance for a marketing campaign:

Others do marketing - we do cameras. Petnntax, the brand for photographers, not consumers

12-02-2015, 01:58 AM   #137
Pentaxian

Aaaand... the text was updated. No more "SRL", no more "Petnax" (I'll miss that one!), "PENTAX is launching a full frame digital SLR, brand-new format for PENTAX."
12-02-2015, 02:09 AM   #138
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
I think this is a bit far-fetched, but if it is true the next step for Ricoh is to create an official profile in PF and create polls on the new lenses to develop, camera features we want to be incorporated, but in an official way and not as has been done up to now (by some members' initiatives that may have not been taken into account). This would be really innovative and innovation is fundamental for Ricoh-Pentax!
I guess Ricoh is already a member of PF. Yes, I agree that doing polls on PF is great. Although, some say that listening too much to customers is limiting innovation.
12-02-2015, 02:23 AM   #139
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Although, some say that listening too much to customers is limiting innovation.
Agree but allow me to note that this is not the case in PF as there are some members with so vivid fantasy expressing opinions that seem really from another planet or a parallel universe... Especially during this FF waiting period (I'm from the ones that believe the FF is going to be released soon - I apologize for those annoyed by that "extreme" notion) if you screen the PF for ideas you can built from super cameras to teleport devices (maybe embedded in the new Pentax in the place of the "old and useless" GPS)

12-02-2015, 02:35 AM   #140
Pentaxian

if you screen the PF for ideas you can built from super cameras to teleport devices
12-02-2015, 02:41 AM   #141
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I asked a member to make a real image to look like the photoshop I was pointing at. Basicly my intuïtion was right. The lens would Block the Pentax Logo.

Follow the image to look at his work.
Depending on focal length/distance to object the picture of the new full frame camera is of course possible to produce irl with camera and lens. Anybody into photography should know that. And the lens mounted on the camera is no doubt the new D FA 24-70.
12-02-2015, 04:52 AM - 2 Likes   #142
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think this is a bit far-fetched, but if it is true the next step for Ricoh is to create an official profile in PF and create polls on the new lenses to develop, camera features we want to be incorporated, but in an official way and not as has been done up to now (by some members' initiatives that may have not been taken into account). This would be really innovative and innovation is fundamental for Ricoh-Pentax!
Since we're dreaming, here's my list of wants...

DFA* 20mm f1.8
DFA* 85mm f1.4
DFA 70-200mm f4
12-02-2015, 05:06 AM - 1 Like   #143
Pentaxian

I think the cause is simple: Ricoh-Pentax became somewhat Japan-centric because of its diminished importance outside of Japan. So that's why not much effort is given to English translations on the Japanese Pentax website(s).

12-02-2015, 06:38 AM   #144
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
So that's why not much effort is given to English translations on the Japanese Pentax website(s).
But as others have pointed out, even the Japanese website had errors.
A simple lack of good project oversight accounts for the errors, across both parts of the site.
12-02-2015, 07:15 AM   #145
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by x-country Quote
Depending on focal length/distance to object the picture of the new full frame camera is of course possible to produce irl with camera and lens. Anybody into photography should know that. And the lens mounted on the camera is no doubt the new D FA 24-70.
The thing I would say is that I hope there is a little photoshopping going on with the image. The 24-70 is a really big lens and if the full frame camera is that much bigger in relation to it as compared to a K3 body, it will be disappointing.
12-02-2015, 07:40 AM   #146
Pentaxian

I will say again: the image is consistent with a ~13xmm wide body and a ~88mm diameter lens, ignoring perspective distortion.
The first teaser image was "measured" against a K-3, it's not much larger - about the same width, higher prism housing:
Pentax Full Frame DSLR vs K-3 Size Comparison | Camera Times

Much ado about nothing is a constant on this forum. The only thing that changes is the 'nothing'.
12-02-2015, 08:11 AM - 2 Likes   #147
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
As of the time of this post, the new SRL has now magically transformed into a plain old SLR and a Pentax (not Petnax) at that.

Steve

(I waved my hand and did a small magic...all is fixed...)

Steve is right, as usual.

And "merci", Steve, for that fix.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh ... those "edit" buttons.

And the embarrassment of those in-house "proof" readers ... pretty damn pathetic to have an advertising teaser's typos corrected live by the Web.

Poor hociR. Can't get no respect, and one wonders why.

To close and to get me right, I am a big fan, but enough is enough.

PS - Bring back the giant women!!!
12-02-2015, 08:23 AM - 1 Like   #148
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
(...)

PS - Bring back the giant women!!!
Attack of the 50 Foot Woman (1958)
12-02-2015, 08:33 AM - 1 Like   #149
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
No, you silly goose ... this one. Remember ?!

12-02-2015, 05:31 PM   #150
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
And "merci", Steve, for that fix.
I was my pleasure...magic is my specialty.

Steve