Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 157 Likes Search this Thread
11-30-2015, 09:47 PM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
LX-1 (series)?
They would be bonkers to name it anything except the LXD or LX-1.

11-30-2015, 11:12 PM   #92

LX-D Works for me!
11-30-2015, 11:46 PM   #93
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
(...)
We've had 67 and 645 so as Mistral75 wrote above it could be a '35' or '135' line.
(...)
Your Honour, I raise a strong protest: I didn't do it, it's not me!
12-01-2015, 12:24 AM   #94
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Overcoming the translating and orthographic problems I am only interested about the impressions from the beta users!! I want to hear nice things from these guys and not any misspellings!!

12-01-2015, 01:05 AM   #95
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
the impressions from the beta users!!
If any exist. Ricoh has never indicated that there were any.

Closer to the launch date, a few 'pre-production' bodies may go out to select reviewers, I guess. Probably as close as we will get to any feedback from testers.
12-01-2015, 01:20 AM   #96
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
If any exist. Ricoh has never indicated that there were any.

Closer to the launch date, a few 'pre-production' bodies may go out to select reviewers, I guess. Probably as close as we will get to any feedback from testers.
Its hard to believe that 3-4 months prior to releasing such an important camera there are no professionals out there that haven't / aren't testing it!

I know that there are many photographers in the R&D department but the real pros must have jumped in to test the real thing in real life conditions...

I just believe that Ricoh-Pentax is very secretive and obviously the testers don't reveal any information...

I just wish I could see their facial expressions after testing the new camera!
12-01-2015, 01:31 AM   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
Its hard to believe that 3-4 months prior to releasing such an important camera there are no professionals out there that haven't / aren't testing it!
How would you know? everyone who has one is under NDA. There is a temptation to release vague, innocuous details, but the long term barring from testing any further products from Pentax is the penalty... if you get caught. Personally I wouldn't trust ANYONE on here to keep such information to themselves.

12-01-2015, 01:44 AM   #98
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
How would you know? everyone who has one is under NDA. There is a temptation to release vague, innocuous details, but the long term barring from testing any further products from Pentax is the penalty... if you get caught. Personally I wouldn't trust ANYONE on here to keep such information to themselves.
I didn't write that to somehow provoke someone in here to give us some vague information as you say. I don't believe actually that any of the beta testers (if there are any, as some believe there are not) is also watching PF or the various other fora that discuss about the FF.

I just said that eventually in some time Pentax will let information out about the specifications or it will do it on the official release date, but what is that I would like to know are the first impressions of those who have tested the new tool... More important to me is the real performance to a table of specifications. I just have to wait like all of us
12-01-2015, 02:16 AM   #99
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Maybe they've listened to Ron and they've watched the video from Ed a few years ago, it's going to be a 864mm2 square sensor format (30mmx30mm ~ 35mm x 24mm), but $20 cheaper and so that you can use a larger portion of the APSC lenses. Could also be a 4:3 ratio. Then it could not be compared to Nikon and Canon offerings, because it would be unique.
Maybe they placed the 36x24 sensor in portrait position!
12-01-2015, 03:36 AM   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re brand new format - I know there are other explanations, but I've always thought that the rear LCD of the original mock-up looked slightly squarer than 3x2 - I can't find a straight-on picture of the articulating LCD though - does anybody know of one? - just a thought
12-01-2015, 03:55 AM   #101
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Re brand new format - I know there are other explanations, but I've always thought that the rear LCD of the original mock-up looked slightly squarer than 3x2 - I can't find a straight-on picture of the articulating LCD though - does anybody know of one? - just a thought
IMO new format just makes reference to the size of the sensor, which is indeed ne to Pentax in their digital world.
I would have used the term 'size' but this is a hell of a lot less marketing blabla.
12-01-2015, 04:23 AM   #102
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
IMO new format just makes reference to the size of the sensor, which is indeed ne to Pentax in their digital world.
I would have used the term 'size' but this is a hell of a lot less marketing blabla.
I know rear LCD shape doesn't necessarily read across to sensor shape, and if Pentax are using an off the peg sensor they don't get to say what its dimensions are, but the rear LCD on my K-3 is about 7x5 cm - the ratio on the original mock-up is about 5:4
I - along with others - can't work out why Ricoh should invoke Pentax's pioneering history to advertise something that's becoming the norm - a bit of a lame claim to fame
Attached Images

12-01-2015, 04:25 AM   #103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

maybe they are going for a Super 35 format sized sensor.
12-01-2015, 04:38 AM   #104
Pentaxian

The new teaser seems that worked!
12-01-2015, 05:16 AM   #105
Pentaxian

Well with the way it looks, it's a handsome beast. Maybe, they'll name it like how Olympus named their m4/3. They reclaimed the OM mark. Probably it would be nice if this camera was named after the most famous Pentax film SLR which I'm not really familiar with. So probably LX would be fine.