Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2015, 04:21 PM - 1 Like   #121
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Wait. You asked someone to make an image in Photoshop to "prove" another image made in Photoshop is not realistic?
Or you're merely trying to "prove" that an unnamed lens would necessarily obstruct the logo on the K-1, with a completely different camera and whatever lens?

P.S. One word: perspective. We're supposed to know about it.
It's my photo and there's no Photoshopping involved. I just took a photo straight down on my 24-70 mounted on my K3. It was taken with the DA 40. I don't know if it proves anything. Ron asked me to take the photo since I own the lens and I did. It is s big lens...

12-01-2015, 04:25 PM   #122
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Wait. You asked someone to make an image in Photoshop to "prove" another image made in Photoshop is not realistic?
Or you're merely trying to "prove" that an unnamed lens would necessarily obstruct the logo on the K-1, with a completely different camera and whatever lens?

P.S. One word: perspective. We're supposed to know about it.
This is a real image. Changed the text. If you can't see things, then okay, but then you know not much about photography.

The image on the Ricoh site is a photoshop, wich is fine by me. Just people in denial have not much knowledge about photography.
12-01-2015, 04:31 PM - 2 Likes   #123
Pentaxian

Of course it doesn't prove anything; Ron's idea that Ricoh should make a teaser image with a partly obstructed brand logo is ridiculous. He "guessed" it was the 31mm at first and complained that it's too large, then changed his mind - it's too small now. Anything goes for him, as long as it's negative.
And as I said, the camera is different and the the lens, a generic representation. FTR, the teaser image is consistent with a ~88mm diameter lens on a 13xmm wide body, perspective distortion ignored. But what do I know?

Last edited by Kunzite; 12-01-2015 at 05:31 PM.
12-01-2015, 05:15 PM - 2 Likes   #124
Veteran Member

Much ado about nothing.
As usual in PentaxForums.

12-01-2015, 05:34 PM - 1 Like   #125

Yup. Only a teaser. Just has to represent the product. Ever see a movie teaser that has scenes that aren't in the movie? Ever shoot food products for a client where the stuff being photographed may not even be edible?
12-01-2015, 08:43 PM   #126
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Spelling seems to have been corrected - the heat coming from this forum was too much to bear!
12-01-2015, 09:52 PM   #127
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LukeOB Quote
Spelling seems to have been corrected - the heat coming from this forum was too much to bear!
PentaxForums - official Ricoh marketing material proof-readers.

They need to figure out a better way to perform that task.

12-01-2015, 10:58 PM - 2 Likes   #128
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Much ado about nothing.
As usual in PentaxForums.
You mean there is something better to do other than armchair photography?
Especially in these cold dark winter months?

"Oh! please don't send me out there into the cold dark woods"
12-01-2015, 11:11 PM - 1 Like   #129
Pentaxian

Post # 129 Now on my second bucket of popcorn - this is entertaining!

This is classic discussion based on a text originating from a less than accurate translation. Leading to conclusions being drawn that will soon be the basis of apocryphal truths in distant and vaguely linked chat rooms....
12-01-2015, 11:25 PM   #130

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
"PENTAX is launching a digital SRL with a brand-new format."

...erm, I think they meant SLR...
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
New format - new format to Pentax Digital cameras...?

Interesting.
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
+1

It's a new format for Pentax DSLRs.
It now reads:

"PENTAX is launching a full frame digital SLR, brand-new format for PENTAX."
12-01-2015, 11:46 PM - 4 Likes   #131
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

As of the time of this post, the new SRL has now magically transformed into a plain old SLR and a Pentax (not Petnax) at that.

Steve

(I waved my hand and did a small magic...all is fixed...)
12-01-2015, 11:59 PM - 2 Likes   #132
Veteran Member

I'm surprised they made the effort to revise the translation after the Internets complained about it. With Pentax, you know the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. And the players gonna play, play, play, play, play. Ricoh should just shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake it off. Shake it off.
12-02-2015, 12:37 AM   #133
Pentaxian

They are watching the reaction... Inserting mistakes is something I may do at times when someone ask me a urgent delivery of a file, then I know if the person tried to open it. Ricoh did the same, they added spelling mistakes just to see how much discussion would be triggered on PF.

---------- Post added 02-12-15 at 08:40 ----------

I noted: "A new chapter in the PENTAX is about to begin!" That might mean they are going to drop APSC and release a whole new range of FF cameras, from Pro level like 5Ds to Entry level like D610.
12-02-2015, 01:05 AM   #134
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
They are watching the reaction... Inserting mistakes is something I may do at times when someone ask me a urgent delivery of a file, then I know if the person tried to open it. Ricoh did the same, they added spelling mistakes just to see how much discussion would be triggered on PF.
I think this is a bit far-fetched, but if it is true the next step for Ricoh is to create an official profile in PF and create polls on the new lenses to develop, camera features we want to be incorporated, but in an official way and not as has been done up to now (by some members' initiatives that may have not been taken into account). This would be really innovative and innovation is fundamental for Ricoh-Pentax!
12-02-2015, 01:32 AM   #135
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
I think this is a bit far-fetched,
Seconded.

When my customers see errors like that (I'm a professional marketing writer, BTW), they send it back to us with itemized lists and unhappy notes. If a marketing person intentionally puts mistakes into something for, they need to be fired.