Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 157 Likes Search this Thread
12-14-2015, 09:50 AM   #271
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
  1. They have to start somewhere
  2. No matter what they do, there's always something
totally agree, i'm quite happy what Pentax is offering right now. It works for me and i'll will buy the nex FF. Support from my dealer is good as well, so no hassle on that subject.

12-14-2015, 01:24 PM - 1 Like   #272
Veteran Member

'Flagship system' is a weird concept. It's like saying 'flagship fleet', or 'flagship navy'. Doesn't make sense. Flagship is singular. The Australian Navy only has one flagship, for example.
12-14-2015, 01:58 PM   #273
Pentaxian

The Australian Navy must be poor, they can afford a single flag
12-14-2015, 02:30 PM   #274
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
'Flagship system' is a weird concept. It's like saying 'flagship fleet', or 'flagship navy'. Doesn't make sense. Flagship is singular.
Unless they mean that the cool set of (undocumented) unique accessories for their K-1 "flagship" will be specific to the K-1 and thus constitute a contained "system"!

Of course, with translations, who the heck knows what they really mean...

Michael

12-14-2015, 02:49 PM   #275
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MJSfoto1956 Quote
Unless they mean that the cool set of (undocumented) unique accessories for their K-1 "flagship" will be specific to the K-1 and thus constitute a contained "system"!

Of course, with translations, who the heck knows what they really mean...

Michael
Uhmm, if I'm reading this correctly - RICOH never said flagship system. Somebody up thread said no matter how good the camera is it won't be a professional camera because "the system" isn't professional. Then someone asked what a system is, and some one else make a crack about a flagship. . . . . and here we are.

I love the Internet.

Sheesh.
12-14-2015, 03:47 PM   #276
Pentaxian

"Flagship system" = the system associated with the flagship camera. Sounds pretty obvious to me.
12-14-2015, 03:52 PM   #277
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
"Flagship system" = the system associated with the flagship camera. Sounds pretty obvious to me.
Yeah, but "flagship system" is not a good term, i prefer "Pentax ecosystem", that way many cameras can be included in the "system" and every camera can use it, rather the "flagship camera" only

12-14-2015, 04:24 PM   #278

How much do you think for the new format pentax FF?
12-14-2015, 05:15 PM   #279
Veteran Member

I thought that when one describes something as a "flagship" it means it's the highest tier of a certain line. By saying Nikon is a "flagship system" implies that there exists some sort of official hierarchy/level among the brands. I would agree to "ecosystem" as virusn3t said too.

Unless of course when the "system" in question refers to the FF-tier alone and not the entire brand
12-14-2015, 05:30 PM   #280
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Seems confusing to me, "Flagship" implies the top of the line. "Flagship System" would imply the top of the line system. Further implying multiple systems. By that definition you have 645, K, and Q systems and the 645 would surely be the "Flagship System".

So it would seem to me you can have a flagship camera within a system but not a "Flagship System".

Man, are we bored or what................................
12-14-2015, 06:00 PM - 1 Like   #281
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
said no matter how good the camera is it won't be a professional camera because "the system" isn't professional.
People make similar cracks about Fuji,Olympus and Leica. pay them no mind.
12-14-2015, 06:07 PM - 1 Like   #282
Veteran Member

I find paying people no mind..... quite peaceful for the most part. A highly underated state of mind....difficult at times to master.

---------- Post added 15-12-15 at 11:44 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Grandmaloveye Quote
How much do you think for the new format pentax FF?
I'm anticipating about $2200us at launch ($3k aus) ..... maybe 2600 for a limited silver......

I'm hoping for $1950 US

Last edited by noelpolar; 12-14-2015 at 06:17 PM.
12-15-2015, 05:23 AM   #283
Pentaxian

I've never seen the value of paying extra for a particular colour. That's why two of my Christmas presents are silver and one is black like the camera it's going on. If you want the aesthetics it's your money, but it's what's inside that does the job.

As for professional systems, I tend to look at the person who's using it. It's always a shame when a professional system gets into the hands of an unprofessional photographer. I've seen some absolute shockers on YouTube - none of the usual suspects, mind you, but the way I've seen some people treat their models in front of an audience is atrocious, and I wonder how they ever achieve a good reputation.
12-15-2015, 05:45 AM   #284

I wait for spring!)
12-15-2015, 05:58 AM   #285
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Seems confusing to me, "Flagship" implies the top of the line. "Flagship System" would imply the top of the line system. Further implying multiple systems. By that definition you have 645, K, and Q systems and the 645 would surely be the "Flagship System".

So it would seem to me you can have a flagship camera within a system but not a "Flagship System".

Man, are we bored or what................................
My understanding of "Flagship System" was that it referred to a top-of-the-line camera body and lenses / flashes worthy of it. In other words, releasing the camera body is of little value if people can't get lenses that allow the body to perform its best. And yes, it would be nice to have actual news to talk about.