Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2015, 07:56 PM - 1 Like   #436
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Pentaxians are always stirred, not shaken.

12-23-2015, 08:11 PM   #437
Pentaxian

Excellent !!!
12-23-2015, 08:14 PM   #438
Site Supporter

Can't wait
Attached Images

12-23-2015, 09:00 PM - 3 Likes   #439
bxf
Veteran Member

Oh goody, I've been waiting for this for years. When I finally get the K1, I will surely become a good photographer. Instantly!

12-23-2015, 09:03 PM   #440
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
More added to the teaser site today, with specific about the crop modes and a new top view of the camera. Of course, the camera lets you choose which mode to shoot in, which I thought was obvious from the beginning, but there were some doubts expressed.

Full Frame by PENTAX | RICOH IMAGING

Interesting that they chose to use DA lenses for the shots this time - 55, 300mm, and 560mm. It shows that Ricoh is happy to attest to at least some DA lenses being usable on FF.
SO this means the 150-450 can be used in crop or FF mode?

is it me or do the sample pics look a bit unsharp?? maybe its the jpeg compression,but not so impressive
12-23-2015, 11:20 PM   #441
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pleas, please, top lcd be color OLED one...
12-24-2015, 12:07 AM   #442
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
All three of the DA lenses look to work perfectly on FF. No surprise ofcourse.

12-24-2015, 12:30 AM   #443

Think about it a bit, folks. With an optical viewfinder how would you mask off (black out) the cropped portions? With an LCD or a mechanical rectangular iris? LCDs use a polarizing light effect and have a polarizing filter over them. If you don't believe me take your polarizing filter (circular or linear) and look at any LCD display and rotate the filter. Or take apart a device with a LCD screen and remove the sheet of plastic (polarizing filter) over the display and see if the figures still appear on the screen. So if you put a polarizing filter somewhere in the optical path between the mirror and eyepiece guess what is going to happen when you put a polarizing filter in front of the lens.

So either you use an EVF, put crop marks on the ground glass or us virtual image projection system the same as how the focus points are done.

So unless the FF camera has an EVF
12-24-2015, 12:35 AM - 1 Like   #444
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It is SC!
(Squirrel-capable)

"With certain lenses, this setting [FF] also helps to minimize image-quality deterioration in peripheral areas." ???
12-24-2015, 12:44 AM   #445
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
It is SC!
(Squirrel-capable)

"With certain lenses, this setting [FF] also helps to minimize image-quality deterioration in peripheral areas." ???
The squirrel test shot surely shows that Pentax have a sense of humor and pays attention to the PF!
As for the phrase you quoted I am also wondering what they mean by that. I can only think that since you gain one stop with the FF over the APS-C maybe by closing down the aperture to compensate the exposure you gain better IQ and resolution and in the peripheral areas that shows most...
Or on the other hand if you can shoot in FF mode with a DA lens (any crop designed lens that still is almost FF capable) you will get a wider picture that when cropped down to the APS-C size it will give a higher IQ image cause it will be coming out of the central part of the lens (not the whole lens that deteriorates toward the corners).

Last edited by redpit; 12-24-2015 at 12:52 AM.
12-24-2015, 01:11 AM   #446

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
It is SC!
(Squirrel-capable)

If you can read German here's the answer to that riddle...

A proper translation from a Japanese (Sayuri) into German:

"Von japanisch übersetzt,
"Je nach Objektiv wird Abbildungsqualitätverlust an Bildrand kaum sichtbar sein."

DigitalFotoNetz.de :: Thema anzeigen - Pentax KB

So probably that you can shoot in FF-mode with some DA lenses without losing image quality at the edges.
12-24-2015, 01:48 AM   #447

I'm really astonished that Pentax doesn't care more about the quality of the pictures they post on pentax.com. For a flag-ship campaign they really should care more. The details we know up to now really sound great and promising, but the images are ...
Even the LX-Image looks like they took a scan from an neolithic product catalogue
12-24-2015, 01:52 AM   #448
Pentaxian

"Scan from an neolithic..." - you mean they successfully conveyed the 'retro' feeling? Well done, Ricoh!
12-24-2015, 02:13 AM   #449

C'mon, You must be kidding! I don't think the allusion to the LX was meant as installing a retro feeling. I rather read it as "milestone" history timeline, which it undenyingly is. I guess retro nowadays looks a lot different than taking an old picture. The effort they make with pentax.com is great, no doubt about it, but the images lack behind a little.
12-24-2015, 02:25 AM   #450
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
is it me or do the sample pics look a bit unsharp
QuoteQuote:
I'm really astonished that Pentax doesn't care more about the quality of the pictures they post on pentax.com
?? I find the squirrel and deer shots perfectly sharp (and I think I'm quite demanding on this point). Don't forget that they are downsized from (probably) 36Mp (or 16Mp for the APSC-C mode ones) to 1000px.