Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2016, 12:52 PM   #46
Pentaxian

Neither mine, but let's still hope for that
In any case, i guess the stars will be later than CES.

01-12-2016, 06:22 AM   #47
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I might have missed it, but so far I don't think I've seen any pictures of the Ricoh booth at CES yet. This article in Japanese is about 360 cameras in general, but it contains a few pictures of the Ricoh booth. It seems that Ricoh basically devoted the booth to one message about the Theta.
CES

The booth is also featured in this video, which starts automatically when you visit the page.
Why 360 video is the next big thing in tech

Interestingly, the Theta gets more prominence than the Nikon 360 camera in this coverage, which makes me think that Ricoh might have done relatively well at CES.
01-12-2016, 06:39 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
You wish... and your bank account wishes not.
Comment of the day, if not the month. Never a truer word was said.
01-12-2016, 06:48 AM   #49
Veteran Member

I'm not convinced that 360 video will be commercially important to camera companies. Theta and other gadgets certainly lower the barriers to entry to this medium, but the history of 3-D imaging is littered with hype, half-starts and flops.

Plus you can't mount Pentax lenses on the Theta ...

01-12-2016, 07:17 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I might have missed it, but so far I don't think I've seen any pictures of the Ricoh booth at CES yet. This article in Japanese is about 360 cameras in general, but it contains a few pictures of the Ricoh booth. It seems that Ricoh basically devoted the booth to one message about the Theta.
CES
How did they project the image inside the spherical tent? I so much want to see a 360 projector to go along with 360 cameras.

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I'm not convinced that 360 video will be commercially important to camera companies. Theta and other gadgets certainly lower the barriers to entry to this medium, but the history of 3-D imaging is littered with hype, half-starts and flops.

Plus you can't mount Pentax lenses on the Theta ...
Why would anyone do that?

360 is already important. Ricoh sells these like hot cake in the Japan and the other companies are at least a year behind in this former niche.
01-12-2016, 08:12 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Comment of the day, if not the month. Never a truer word was said.
Only 11 days late
01-12-2016, 04:02 PM   #52

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
How did they project the image inside the spherical tent? I so much want to see a 360 projector to go along with 360 cameras.
Anyone remember Surround-O-Rama or Sense-O-Rama or Barf-O-Rama or whatever it was called? With the big inflatable hemispherical tents at fairgrounds? They'd project visuals on this thing; rollercoasters, Grand Canyon, etc and the 100 people inside would be all 'Oooh Ahhh Baaarrrf'.

Totally 1960's tech, but fun.

I'd pay for a dual Theta rig & software that removed the image of the L/R 'other' Theta and created a VR file for YouTube.

Total Barfage.

Totally.