Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2016, 12:52 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 2,951
Neither mine, but let's still hope for that
In any case, i guess the stars will be later than CES.

01-12-2016, 06:22 AM   #47
JPT
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tokyo
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,185
I might have missed it, but so far I don't think I've seen any pictures of the Ricoh booth at CES yet. This article in Japanese is about 360 cameras in general, but it contains a few pictures of the Ricoh booth. It seems that Ricoh basically devoted the booth to one message about the Theta.
CES

The booth is also featured in this video, which starts automatically when you visit the page.
Why 360 video is the next big thing in tech

Interestingly, the Theta gets more prominence than the Nikon 360 camera in this coverage, which makes me think that Ricoh might have done relatively well at CES.
01-12-2016, 06:39 AM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,811
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
You wish... and your bank account wishes not.
Comment of the day, if not the month. Never a truer word was said.
01-12-2016, 06:48 AM   #49
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,576
I'm not convinced that 360 video will be commercially important to camera companies. Theta and other gadgets certainly lower the barriers to entry to this medium, but the history of 3-D imaging is littered with hype, half-starts and flops.

Plus you can't mount Pentax lenses on the Theta ...

01-12-2016, 07:17 AM   #50
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tromsų, Norway
Photos: Albums
Posts: 920
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I might have missed it, but so far I don't think I've seen any pictures of the Ricoh booth at CES yet. This article in Japanese is about 360 cameras in general, but it contains a few pictures of the Ricoh booth. It seems that Ricoh basically devoted the booth to one message about the Theta.
CES
How did they project the image inside the spherical tent? I so much want to see a 360 projector to go along with 360 cameras.

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I'm not convinced that 360 video will be commercially important to camera companies. Theta and other gadgets certainly lower the barriers to entry to this medium, but the history of 3-D imaging is littered with hype, half-starts and flops.

Plus you can't mount Pentax lenses on the Theta ...
Why would anyone do that?

360 is already important. Ricoh sells these like hot cake in the Japan and the other companies are at least a year behind in this former niche.
01-12-2016, 08:12 AM   #51
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,873
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Comment of the day, if not the month. Never a truer word was said.
Only 11 days late
01-12-2016, 04:02 PM   #52
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, AB CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 292
QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
How did they project the image inside the spherical tent? I so much want to see a 360 projector to go along with 360 cameras.
Anyone remember Surround-O-Rama or Sense-O-Rama or Barf-O-Rama or whatever it was called? With the big inflatable hemispherical tents at fairgrounds? They'd project visuals on this thing; rollercoasters, Grand Canyon, etc and the 100 people inside would be all 'Oooh Ahhh Baaarrrf'.

Totally 1960's tech, but fun.

I'd pay for a dual Theta rig & software that removed the image of the L/R 'other' Theta and created a VR file for YouTube.

Total Barfage.

Totally.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
booth, camera, ces, ces 2016 ricoh, decision, ff, k2q, lens, lenses, market, pentax news, pentax rumors, priority, reason, results
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Final Countdown to Feb 25th 2016 (CP+ 2016) starjedi Pentax News and Rumors 1654 05-23-2016 05:15 PM
Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation Named CES 2016 Best Of Innovation Awards Honoree Lucky-Luc Pentax News and Rumors 27 01-08-2016 05:55 AM
Ricoh Imaging is not doomed (or: Ricoh Financial Results Q1 2016) Kunzite Pentax News and Rumors 69 10-24-2015 10:31 AM
Ricoh Booth at McBain Tradeshow Dr_who Pentax DSLR Discussion 26 11-10-2014 08:18 AM
BBC: 'Booth babes' stir controversy at 2012 CES jolepp General Talk 14 01-14-2012 09:40 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:50 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top