Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2015, 11:31 AM   #91
Loyal Site Supporter
Tom S.'s Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: S.E. Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,238
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
FYI, I think the 200 macro is an f4 lens.
You are correct, but that doesn't mean they couldn't up date it to a f2.8.

Of course with the cost of the 200 f4 macro being what it currently is, I'd need a winning lottery ticket to buy a 2.8 version.

12-21-2015, 01:10 PM   #92
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,660
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
And make DFA teleconverters 2x and 1.4x
A new Pentax-made extension tube set that supports auto aperture would be nice too.
12-21-2015, 01:22 PM   #93
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,645
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
A new Pentax-made extension tube set that supports auto aperture would be nice too.
And auto focus!
12-21-2015, 02:15 PM   #94
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,146
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
FYI, I think the 200 macro is an f4 lens.
It is, I messed up.

12-21-2015, 02:34 PM   #95
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,206
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
FYI, I think the 200 macro is an f4 lens.
Indeed either 200/2.8 "normal" or 200/4 macro.

---------- Post added 21-12-15 at 22:35 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
It is, I messed up.
Hey, it happens.
12-21-2015, 08:32 PM   #96
Site Supporter
cali92rs's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 3,262
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
It's gonna be superior to Canon and Nikon , so be patient.
In what way?
I hear very little complaints for the mk2 versions of these lenses (besides size, and the Pentax lens is similarly sized based on what folks that have handled it have said).
Are you basing this on actual results or wishful thinking?
12-21-2015, 10:54 PM   #97
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,900
QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
Are you basing this on actual results or wishful thinking?
He knows Pentax deliver quality + feedback from people like me..who have tested and used it. I can compare it with Nikon and Canon. Used them all. The first pre-product one was just as good as Nikon VR one. And soon enough, we'll know just how good the finished product is. Was there anything else?
12-21-2015, 11:21 PM - 1 Like   #98
Site Supporter
cali92rs's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 3,262
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
He knows Pentax deliver quality + feedback from people like me..who have tested and used it. I can compare it with Nikon and Canon. Used them all. The first pre-product one was just as good as Nikon VR one. And soon enough, we'll know just how good the finished product is. Was there anything else?
Just as good is not "superior".
I am sure that it will be comprable to the others. Better in some respects, not as good in others.
Point being, to boldly say that it will be superior than the mk2 versions of the existing, very highly regarded lenses is not being objective.

12-21-2015, 11:29 PM   #99
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,900
I said that the first PRE-PRODUCT one was just as good, but we'll have to wait until its 100% finished until we see how good it is. Try to read everything i say next time
12-21-2015, 11:55 PM   #100
Pentaxian
Digitalis's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Adelaide.
Posts: 8,612
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Has anybody tested a pre-production sample on a 24x36 sensor
you're asking if someone has tested a new pentax lens on a SONY body? A pentax body would be by far the best choice.

QuoteOriginally posted by Newtophotos Quote
With so much delay they could surprise us all and make this lens & FF mirrorless!
Yes! we all know how Pentax has to jump on that bandwagon.
12-22-2015, 12:39 AM - 1 Like   #101
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,900
QuoteOriginally posted by Newtophotos Quote
With so much delay they could surprise us all and make this lens & FF mirrorless!
and wait for it;
12-22-2015, 01:53 AM - 1 Like   #102
Pentaxian
falconeye's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Munich, Alps, Germany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,863
QuoteOriginally posted by starbase218 Quote
The question is if Pentax feels that, after the introduction of the FF, these lenses may potentially steer "serious" photographers away from that FF. Pentax is already a small brand. It's possible they need every help to make the FF succeed. Canon and Nikon don't offer 50-135s either. They push you to fullframe instead. Pentax might need to do that too.

Unfortunately, I think the move to fullframe may result in Pentax being more and more like Canon/Nikon.
It must not be this way.

So far, Canon and Nikon have failed to make FF models as small and ergonomically sound as a K-3. Which includes its lens offerings. With small primes like FA43 etc, and small zooms like a DA*16-55-sized DFA* 24-70/4, the K-1 could become one.

I see that this isn't Pentax first priority, now doubling the 24-70/2.8 and 70-200/2.8 offerings. Fair enough, but it could be Pentax second priority. Make FF appeal to current APSC shooters, both in price and size, when considering both body and lens options. This is what I meant, making replacing a DA* 16-50 third priority. Still important though.
12-25-2015, 07:43 AM   #103
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 929
Original Poster
I totally agree with everythign said, a follow up APS-C camera and new APS-C lenses would be nice, a couple additional FF lenses with the K1 would be great - just realize that we arestill awaiting a lens introduced almost a year ago. All other whishes have to be postponed as well and trust an confidence are not build up here.
Pentax wants to present superior glass ncie idea... will it be as fast as other, as leight, as well made, will it be the only Pentax deisgn FF lens? A couple more months and we will know. I know what i expect from Penta - being superior to the rest of the world is not on that list.
12-25-2015, 08:32 AM   #104
mee
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,467
QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
I totally agree with everythign said, a follow up APS-C camera and new APS-C lenses would be nice, a couple additional FF lenses with the K1 would be great - just realize that we arestill awaiting a lens introduced almost a year ago. All other whishes have to be postponed as well and trust an confidence are not build up here.
Pentax wants to present superior glass ncie idea... will it be as fast as other, as leight, as well made, will it be the only Pentax deisgn FF lens? A couple more months and we will know. I know what i expect from Penta - being superior to the rest of the world is not on that list.
Isn't this the first modern Ricoh Imaging made Pentax lens? There are obviously kinks in the process that are getting smoothed.. perhaps the process from concept to final product will be smoother from now on?
12-25-2015, 10:33 AM - 1 Like   #105
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,432
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Isn't this the first modern Ricoh Imaging made Pentax lens? There are obviously kinks in the process that are getting smoothed.. perhaps the process from concept to final product will be smoother from now on?
That is a good thought. I know here at my employer when we do something the first time there are always problems, but we learn and develop better processes and checks. The next time we do something similar we have a body of knowledge to fall back on and better idea of where things can go wrong and how to check for them. I think that would be similar with any manufacturing company.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture, aps-c, choice, day, fa* 70-200mm f/2.8, gear, hd d fa*, k3, lens, lenses, macro, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, photos, price, redesign, sigma, star, time, tripod, wife
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HD D FA* 70-200mm f/2.8 lenp Pentax News and Rumors 254 02-03-2016 01:49 PM
Would you sell these lenses to purchase the new HD Pentax-D FA* 70-200mm F2.8 ? Driline Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 42 01-30-2016 07:09 AM
HD PENTAX-D FA ★ 70-200mm F2.8 at 5th February? x4rd Pentax News and Rumors 1414 12-18-2015 05:01 PM
For Sale - Sold: HD PENTAX-D FA 645 MACRO 90mm f/2.8 ED AW SR !!!!PRICE REDUCED!!!! crazyfrog89 Sold Items 9 11-16-2015 10:50 AM
HD Pentax D-FA* 70-200 F2.8 starjedi Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 2 02-03-2015 10:53 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:13 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top