Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2016, 08:43 AM   #331
Veteran Member

It looks like some people are trying to give a "cold shower" to those who "dare" to say that a full frame is better than K3/K3 II, but keep in mind that:

- even if english were the first language for everybody it takes just a second to misinterpret a word or a phrase
- there must be a line between arguing on a subject and insulting people
- everybody has to treat these discussions with a constructive approach
- there are just a few months until the Pentax full frame will be released and then we can "debate" between cameras from the same class

At this moment I have the feeling that almost everyone is expecting the release of the full frame just to be comfortable with the idea that Pentax has covered this segment. But judging by the "fearless" way that some people defends K3/K3 II (with charts, scientific tests, laws of physics, etc.) when comes to compare them with full frames... then there must be no need of a full frame at all. (just joking)

Every time someone mentions about a full frame camera from another brand the "fight" begins. But I don't see here the same pathos in a debate between Pentax K3 (K3 II) vs. Nikon D7200 vs. Canon 7D Mark II vs. Sony A77 II vs. whatever APS-C camera. The fight must be between full frames vs. K3/K3 II. This kind of discussions are getting weird every time this happens.

Let's hope that in a few months Pentax full frame will not start to be compared to 645Z, Phase One, etc.

Normhead is a reasonable man from my point of view. We had some differences in opinions but we solved them quickly.

Last edited by Dan Rentea; 01-05-2016 at 09:12 AM.
01-05-2016, 09:06 AM - 1 Like   #332
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Is it something wrong with me? Because i dont see the point in a discussion? I'm allowed to have a rant here, just as everybody else

I am not here to make friends! I always speak from the heart and i dont sweet talk anything to please you or others. But that said, i have made many nice friends here. So you speak for everyone do you?

And why is it me and not you who should find the door? I've noticed, that you are not that good to make friends here either

But Mr Know It All, if i bother you that much, just ignore my posts
Ken: I think you add a great value to this forum and this time Norm was, in my opinion, wrong in that post.

To All: I think it is great that Pentax's first FF camera will be great however for me there is no reason to upgrade to FF or even beyond the K5IIs for now and the mental gymnastics of showing the math to prove one system is superior to another is not even entertaining anymore. And I realized that I have only one focal length of my existing lenses that will not cover the upcoming FF and that is the DA 15 however the FA20-35 is even wider on FF than the 15 is on my K5IIs so the only extra cost right away is the camera itself but still staying put. This whole thread should have been in the FF forum as it is no longer discussing the rumour or the news.
01-05-2016, 09:25 AM   #333
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lets not make this a picking sides and ganging up issue. We've both had our say, time to move on.
01-05-2016, 09:52 AM   #334
Veteran Member

I think this discussion is going far enough, if I were a mod I'd be closing this thread now...

And they told me, that i can come and pick up the 645Z whenever i feel i need too.
That would be fun!
Just picked up a 645Z today to play with
How do you get to be in your position to get free Pentax gear...

01-05-2016, 10:04 AM   #335
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I think this discussion is going far enough, if I were a mod I'd be closing this thread now...

That would be fun!

How do you get to be in your position to get free Pentax gear...
They asked me hehe! I told them my terms, they agreed, and we signed a contract.
01-05-2016, 10:09 AM   #336
Veteran Member

They asked me hehe! I told them my terms, they agreed, and we signed a contract.
I wonder how I get them to ask me...
01-05-2016, 10:11 AM   #337
Pentaxian

Bickering like this will continue until the K-1, or whatever it is actually called, is finally announced ... and then people here will bicker about what Pentax did, or did not, include (remember the firestorm the first few daze after the K-3ii was announced), so I guess I'd allow this thread to continue so that the poison is limited.

(so do you and I now spend the next three pages arguing about whether or not to close this thread??)

01-05-2016, 10:12 AM - 1 Like   #338
bxf
Veteran Member

I wonder how I get them to ask me...
They may come after you've published a few photos in a prominent magazine...
01-05-2016, 10:15 AM   #339
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
so I guess I'd allow this thread to continue so that the poison is limited.
If we stop it, then this silly argument stops. But on the other hand if it is stopped another thread will be made. But on the other hand another thread may not have a discussion as silly as this, but...
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
(so do you and I now spend the next three pages arguing about whether or not to close this thread??)
Yes.
01-05-2016, 10:16 AM   #340
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
They may come after you've published a few photos in a prominent magazine...
And how do I do that
01-05-2016, 10:43 AM   #341
bxf
Veteran Member

And how do I do that
Well, you can start by finding an appropriate, popular subject, like Kim Kardashian's butt Compose carefully before taking the shot!
01-05-2016, 10:47 AM   #342
Pentaxian

Well, you can start by finding an appropriate, popular subject, like Kim Kardashian's butt Compose carefully before taking the shot!
Something with less and easier editing please!
01-05-2016, 12:03 PM   #343
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The problem is that a APS-C sensor might be to small to capture that, and the crop sensor in 645Z might be to small too!
We really need the 100MP FF medium format sensor in a 645 ASAP.

Maybe they can put K1 on hold, and focus on FF 645 instead.
01-05-2016, 12:33 PM   #344
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Have you seen the Nikon D5 specks..20 mp and iso sensitivity highest ISO 102400. Extended sensitivity is highest in Hi5 ISO 3280000 PLS Pentax..
01-05-2016, 12:48 PM   #345
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AldaCZ Quote
Have you seen the Nikon D5 specks..20 mp and iso sensitivity highest ISO 102400. Extended sensitivity is highest in Hi5 ISO 3280000 PLS Pentax..
12-14 fps and the new AF with 153 AF points * 99-point cross sensor * F8 corresponding 15 points are more important to me... But anyway this is a acamera aiming at specific photographers and its price will show that!