Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 250 Likes Search this Thread
01-07-2016, 01:03 PM   #406
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cxdoo Quote
But then you followed up with hoping that RP has other 'mercenaries' that can follow the tune correctly.
I said I was glad that of the mercenaries, he spoke his mind.

In your haste to type something, did you miss my 'cool guy' comment?

So in the end, it seemed to me that the problem wasn't the nature of kenspo's relation with RP but the fact he dismisses APS-C and compliments Nikon FF stuff.
I'm afraid, again, I don't think you thought this through, Cxdoo.

Nicolas and Norman mentioned Nikon, I never did. ☺

If you were guessing, you were guessing wrong.

You only had to ask, really. ☺

On a side note I have friends who moved from Europe to Melbourne some years ago and they keep inviting me there, saying everything is pretty much the same like on Earth but I still don't believe them.
It's a trap by them, don't go. ☺

The Economist magazine has regularly put it just about the best city in the world to live, work and raise a family.

But for wow factor, if you only had a couple of days in Australia, Sydney's a better bet.

Last edited by clackers; 01-07-2016 at 01:10 PM.
01-07-2016, 02:24 PM   #407
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I'm afraid, again, I don't think you thought this through, Cxdoo.
Oh well, I'm not going to nitpick. If I got you wrong I apologize.

But for wow factor, if you only had a couple of days in Australia, Sydney's a better bet.
No way I'm coming there for a couple of days only. That's why I have to keep finding excuses until I manage to pull at least a month.
01-07-2016, 02:50 PM   #408
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

No way I'm coming there for a couple of days only. That's why I have to keep finding excuses until I manage to pull at least a month.
If your timetable ever permits, happy to show you round.
01-07-2016, 05:16 PM   #409
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
The pro community has gone from laughter to really pay attention to Pentax now. And quite a few of them are waiting to test the FF with me when it arrives.
Sounds good

I'm curious, when you say the K-1 will be a game changer, do you mean at the D810/5diii level? Not at the 5D/1dx level, right?

---------- Post added 01-07-16 at 07:17 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Actually, based on the previous three releases' 12-day cycle of new information, it's two days overdue. Allowing three extra holidays since the last one on Xmas Eve, though, means there should be something new in another 24 hours…
Just what I was thinking!

01-07-2016, 07:17 PM   #410
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
'Since best is the superlative of all measured candidates, ordered in a rank by how well they exhibit 'Good' characteristics - 'Best' then also must be a subjective judgement of each individual.
Pentax has premium, which is better than best :-)
01-07-2016, 07:21 PM   #411
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
I'm curious, when you say the K-1 will be a game changer, do you mean at the D810/5diii level? Not at the 5D/1dx level, right?
It will be a game changer at the D78d5xii00/a777R2D2 level. You're going to have to trust me on this.
01-07-2016, 09:59 PM   #412
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
It will be a game changer at the D78d5xii00/a777R2D2 level. You're going to have to trust me on this.
As long as it isn't at the %^^&($*&^$!!! level, I'll probably be good...

-Eric

01-07-2016, 11:02 PM   #413
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
For all we know they might have been working on the best AF ever made. So please don't state your opinion as a fact please.
Can you confirm that K-1's AF system is better than D500/D5's AF?
01-07-2016, 11:24 PM   #414
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
is better than D500/D5's AF?
By what AF metric?

There are no ISO or CIPA standards for 'better', so what do you mean?
01-08-2016, 01:21 AM   #415
Pentaxian

If your timetable ever permits, happy to show you round.

Thanks. I'm sure there's a lot to see. When I come, I'll make sure timetable is big enough.
01-08-2016, 01:49 AM   #416

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
By what AF metric?

There are no ISO or CIPA standards for 'better', so what do you mean?
I think ogl's reply is valid since it's a little daring to say that Pentax AF in K-1 might be better than everything else without even knowing the specs. Dreaming is allowed of cause
01-08-2016, 02:27 AM   #417
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rullrich Quote
I think ogl's reply is valid since it's a little daring to say that Pentax AF in K-1 might be better than everything else without even knowing the specs. Dreaming is allowed of cause

Perhaps he meant better than whatever Pentax made in the past.. so, ofcourse, it will be better than everything (within the Pentax system ).. but who knows.. perhaps the AF could be even better than the top cameras around. Nobody around here actually knows so.. the possibility is there.
01-08-2016, 02:32 AM   #418
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Can you confirm that K-1's AF system is better than D500/D5's AF?
It's as impossible to state as your previous assumption about Ricoh engineers. Asahiflex took care to use all the precaution with "For all we know they might have been", your criticism is invalid.
01-08-2016, 02:54 AM   #419
bxf
Veteran Member

There appears to be some language misunderstanding issues with respect to Asahiflex's response to ogl.

Asahiflex was merely saying that ogl is not in a position to make assumptions about the level of competence of Pentax engineers viz-a-viz those of Nikon. We simply don't know how good the K-1 AF system is. We simply do not know one way or the other, and that is what is meant by "for all we know...".
01-08-2016, 03:22 AM   #420

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
There appears to be some language misunderstanding issues with respect to Asahiflex's response to ogl.

Asahiflex was merely saying that ogl is not in a position to make assumptions about the level of competence of Pentax engineers viz-a-viz those of Nikon. We simply don't know how good the K-1 AF system is. We simply do not know one way or the other, and that is what is meant by "for all we know...".
You're right, language issues play a major role in misunderstandings, but this could also have been the case in asahiflex's reaction to ogl. And he literally is quite right: there ain't no such thing as a Pentax version of D5. I'll never get the true essence of brand fetishism I think, people get upset so quickly when talking about /defending their gear.