Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2016, 01:52 AM   #391
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wonder how we passed from one meaningless for real world photography matter of sensor performance measuring equivalence blah blah blah to another irrelevant matter if Kenspo is dedicated to Pentax and if he is the right ambassador blah blah blah!!! Something is wrong in here, or there are no real things to talk about... I will say this and I will unsubscribe from this thread because it is maybe the worst ever seen in PF.

Pentax knows how to do her job. She needs no assistants. If Pentax can't persuade a pro photographer that has a contract with and benefits from the use of Pentax equipment that her equipment is top quality and usability then NO OTHER pro will ever be attracted by its equipment when there are so many alternatives out there. Is it so hard to see?

01-07-2016, 01:59 AM   #392
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
I wonder how we passed from one meaningless for real world photography matter of sensor performance measuring equivalence blah blah blah to another irrelevant matter if Kenspo is dedicated to Pentax and if he is the right ambassador blah blah blah!!! Something is wrong in here, or there are no real things to talk about... I will say this and I will unsubscribe from this thread because it is maybe the worst ever seen in PF.
Just filling up the hard information vacuum, I think - time for more teasing? - this time with a bit more substance
01-07-2016, 03:22 AM   #393
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cxdoo Quote
That may be true, but I for one would prefer a real human with real reactions to up and down sides of a company product line, than a 'mercenary' market droid who will push the official line ad nauseam.
That's a very bad call from you, Cxdoo, since it's what I said.

Retraction in the New York Times, if you don't want this pursued in the courts, thank you. 😀
01-07-2016, 03:55 AM - 1 Like   #394
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I, for one, am glad that Kenspo is actually here, using gear in real life situations (before the rest of us get it) and posting his responses. I understand as well, that he was promised full frame before the end of last year and it didn't happen. That is bound to produce some grumbles when he shoots concert photography (among other things) and will take any iso benefit he can get.

That said, I feel that he has been pretty positive.

I don't even know if Pentax USA has ambassadors -- if they do, they don't post here. John Carlson posted a little bit in the past, but people attacked him enough that he stopped frequenting the forum. Sad really, but I guess that's the internet for you.

01-07-2016, 05:00 AM - 2 Likes   #395
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
If K-1 will have AF of D4's level or close it will be very good. D5 is inaccessible level for Ricoh's engineers.
And who are you to judge about the level of Ricoh's engineers??? For all we know they might have been working on the best AF ever made. So please don't state your opinion as a fact please.
01-07-2016, 05:12 AM - 1 Like   #396
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
That's a very bad call from you, Cxdoo, since it's what I said.

Well I got the impression, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you called kenspo out for being a 'mercenary' i.e. that he's being paid for the music. As opposed to someone who's singing for free (Norm). Whether that was tactful or not is not really relevant, since it was a trivial remark (as in, obvious).

But then you followed up with hoping that RP has other 'mercenaries' that can follow the tune correctly. So in the end, it seemed to me that the problem wasn't the nature of kenspo's relation with RP but the fact he dismisses APS-C and compliments Nikon FF stuff.

In my opinion, that's not something of value for any of us hobbyists here. If I wanted to read corporate PR, I'd go to their official forum.
Pushing Kenspo to either go away or follow the official line and give us just smiles and thumbs ups and 'I can't tell you anything but FF rocks' stuff is not beneficial to us.

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Retraction in the New York Times, if you don't want this pursued in the courts, thank you. ��

On a side note I have friends who moved from Europe to Melbourne some years ago and they keep inviting me there, saying everything is pretty much the same like on Earth but I still don't believe them.
01-07-2016, 05:43 AM   #397
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Said it before, but I'll say it again: this thread needs an update on the K-1 page.

Actually, based on the previous three releases' 12-day cycle of new information, it's two days overdue. Allowing three extra holidays since the last one on Xmas Eve, though, means there should be something new in another 24 hours…

No odds given, however…

01-07-2016, 05:57 AM   #398
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
And who are you to judge about the level of Ricoh's engineers??? For all we know they might have been working on the best AF ever made. So please don't state your opinion as a fact please.
I doubt and have all reasons for it.
01-07-2016, 06:24 AM   #399
Pentaxian

We'll just have to wait won't we. Tracking is the most lacking in Pentax AF, but lenses are also an issue. You need to build a lens for speed to keep up with the camera's ability.
01-07-2016, 06:26 AM   #400
Pentaxian

BTW, all this doom and gloom is abso-effin-lutely fantastic for the used lenses market, at least in Europe.
Keep it coming, I just wish I had more money available for fooling around.
01-07-2016, 07:14 AM   #401
Pentaxian

Several of my full frame buddies go out with both APS-c and FF, one woman even takes two tripods and sets up side by side. If I ever get a 36MP full frame I'll be like her. Anything I can get with the 60-250 250mm will probably be good with the A-400 on the FF. I have a plan. But in my plan, no new lenses in amy pack, just what I carry now and a new body. As for the 36x24 is better for landscape... ya, well maybe, it fend on the landscape doesn't it? I've sold lots of APS-c landscapes, no one ever said, "I wish you shot that with a Full Frame."

---------- Post added 01-07-16 at 09:17 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote

Pentax knows how to do her job. She needs no assistants. If Pentax can't persuade a pro photographer that has a contract with and benefits from the use of Pentax equipment that her equipment is top quality and usability then NO OTHER pro will ever be attracted by its equipment when there are so many alternatives out there. Is it so hard to see?
This is a bunch of old men sitting around a table in an outdoor cafe, (or i my case over at the tennis court) chewing the fat) and Pentax forum is the virtual out door cafe. You might get some useful information, you might not, but the one thing that's most likely to happen is it get's sidetracked. Better learn to live with it.
01-07-2016, 08:21 AM   #402
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
While i show the industry and other pros what Pentax can do. THAT is what they signed me..I know a lot of people around here have become Pentaxians because of me, but my main task (and why they signed me in the first place), is to attract more pros and serious photographers to come over to Pentax. That is a really hard job when the FF is not here yet. The pro community has gone from laughter to really pay attention to Pentax now. And quite a few of them are waiting to test the FF with me when it arrives.
I'm a regular at another photo discussion forum. When I made a comment there about the upcoming Pentax FF, I was surprised at the supportive comments I received. Ricoh received a lot of "goodwill" when they purchased Pentax. Many users of other brands are hoping that the FF succeeds, because there is a lot of residual fondness for the Pentax brand out there.
01-07-2016, 08:28 AM   #403
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I'm a regular at another photo discussion forum. When I made a comment there about the upcoming Pentax FF, I was surprised at the supportive comments I received. Ricoh received a lot of "goodwill" when they purchased Pentax. Many users of other brands are hoping that the FF succeeds, because there is a lot of residual fondness for the Pentax brand out there.
And then on forum dedicated to Pentax...
01-07-2016, 08:44 AM - 1 Like   #404
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
But on the other hand if it is stopped another thread will be made. But on the other hand another thread may not have a discussion as silly as this, but...
You must be new here.
01-07-2016, 08:49 AM   #405
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
You must be new here.
I guess I've only been here just over 6 months...