Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 250 Likes Search this Thread
01-13-2016, 09:39 AM - 1 Like   #511
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I'm looking forward to it Kenspo, but, first impressions are lasting impressions.
I know..all i can think is; WTF? But they want to do everything in Japan first..so little we can do. Its when the camera is ready to ship, they want to use my pictures. I get 2 FF's so I'm happy anyway..haha

01-13-2016, 09:40 AM   #512
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm left to think, I can take images I like with my K-3, hopefully the K-1 will be better.
I was thinking the same thing - except, "I have taken images like that with my K-5 II and non-FA Ltd lenses. Why do I need a K-1?" I think that their images would attract a bit of 'constructive criticism' if they were posted in the PF Critique forum. Geez - It shouldn't be too hard for exciting images to be produced by a K-1/FA Ltd combination - where are they?

I generally don't put much stock in marketing pitches. In this case, I'm finding Ricoh's 'teaser' series odd and frustrating. I'm intrigued by the K-1, but not finding much excitement in the teasers. It is promising that they're promoting backwards compatibility, while also acknowledging the FA Ltd greatness. They need to do more, though. Maybe we'll see the full picture in February.

edit: I do like their matter-of-fact, non-hyperbolic language in the teaser. It seems characteristic of Pentax print advertising of the past.

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 01-13-2016 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Added another observation.
01-13-2016, 09:42 AM   #513
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
As pointed earlier, if this is not a mistake, there is the first confirmation of a new update to FA Limiteds:
• Lens used: HD PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited
I think that just might be a typo...
01-13-2016, 09:42 AM   #514
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I've never owned a Nikon camera, and I've used Pentax cameras for over 30 years, but it would be a sad, sad day if Nikon went under, or were no longer able to drive up standards in the areas that they do
agree..we need all the big ones. Competition makes everyone better.

Canon has cancelled all ambassador deals over here. Nikon want to change theirs + that Nikon has almost everyone in their system go. They are down from around 15-20 to only 4 here. Those 4 has to do all the jobs..from beeing sales rep. to work in the storehouse So be happy in the long run, that Ricoh thinks ahead..slowly growing and stronger.

01-13-2016, 09:45 AM   #515
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Nikon is playing hard. They are in deep shit, so they are going all in. Ricoh are slowly building stone by stone. There is the difference.

But not long until Pentax can show pics of rockstars
When they use them in advertisement ofcourse one has to realise that you have to pay those rockstars.
01-13-2016, 09:53 AM   #516
Pentaxian

Ricoh thinks ahead..slowly growing and stronger.
that alone kept me buying pentax stuff. I'm always in for the long run, not the cheap and easy part. Changing system every couple of years cost more and the other grass is always greener. Personally i rather have a system that fits my needs and that is not necessarily the top of everyone's bill!
01-13-2016, 09:54 AM   #517
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
When they use them in advertisement ofcourse one has to realise that you have to pay those rockstars.
There are some grey areas there. My pics never used in commercial use and advertisements. Ricoh uses my pics in sales towards stores, local dealers, meetings etc. And to show what the camera can produce. Then its up to the copyright holder, and that would be me

Only if i start selling pics and making an income that way, that i need to pay anyone

Last edited by kenspo; 01-13-2016 at 10:00 AM.
01-13-2016, 10:34 AM   #518
Banned

------

Last edited by RonHendriks1966; 01-14-2016 at 07:31 AM.
01-13-2016, 10:42 AM   #519
Veteran Member

I wonder why Ricoh didn't go with the tried and true marketing technique of publishing sample photos featuring attractive young women? Then no one would complain. With only one eye in focus because it's FF, and a giant woman because it's Pentax.
01-13-2016, 10:43 AM   #520
Banned

There are some grey areas there. My pics never used in commercial use and advertisements. Ricoh uses my pics in sales towards stores, local dealers, meetings etc. And to show what the camera can produce. Then its up to the copyright holder, and that would be me

Only if i start selling pics and making an income that way, that i need to pay anyone
What is the point in this? You need to sell camera's to customers and they might want to see what it is capable of.
01-13-2016, 10:48 AM   #521

The suspension bridge image has OOF grass in front of parts of the bridge. The wild roses image has the background showing way too much detail, it just looks busy and the wide angle shot, come on, wait a bit until it's a sunset, and find someplace interesting to shoot. I try and do that every time I go out. They are unprofessional in so many ways, I could write pages.
Norm, that photos are intentional
They are leaving taking nice and attractive photos to Pentax community
01-13-2016, 10:48 AM   #522

I just noticed a 'FX2' mark above the info button... Any clue of what it could be ?
01-13-2016, 10:50 AM   #523
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gorme Quote
I just noticed a 'FX2' mark above the info button... Any clue of what it could be ?
Function 2...
01-13-2016, 10:52 AM   #524

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Function 2...
Yep of course But is there a button we can program or is it just a mysterious feature we still don't know ?
01-13-2016, 10:53 AM   #525
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gorme Quote
Yep of course But is there a button we can program or is it just a mysterious feature we still don't know ?
Function buttons are programmable buttons...