Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 250 Likes Search this Thread
01-13-2016, 09:28 PM   #556
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
I do hope so,as these images are so bloody bad!! looks as if Nikon did them to promote their new babies
Engineers taking test photos is like the opera house architect belting out "I Will Always Love You" during the acoustics placement.

Regrettable but necessary. ☺

01-13-2016, 09:28 PM   #557
mee
Veteran Member

The bigger issue, I suspect, is they don't want to give us full sized images and thus being able to tell the total pixel count of the sensor. But then we (or err.. I) want to see full sized images to see just how clear and well detailed objects are at 1:1

But But they seem to really want to keep this camera played like cards close to the vest.. and thus they seemingly haven't given prototypes to commercial photos on contract with them.. so it is probably an engineer out taking these photos ?
01-13-2016, 09:39 PM   #558
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
and thus they seemingly haven't given prototypes to commercial photos on contract with them.. so it is probably an engineer out taking these photos ?
Kenspo says he's been promised two of them.
01-13-2016, 10:50 PM   #559
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Kenspo says he's been promised two of them.
I always use two cameras at work + my deal is that i at all time shall have the newest and best stuff. Same goes for lenses etc.

01-13-2016, 11:06 PM   #560
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I always use two cameras at work + my deal is that i at all time shall have the newest and best stuff. Same goes for lenses etc.
I see what you did there. *wink, wink* *nudge, nudge*
01-13-2016, 11:13 PM - 1 Like   #561
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I see what you did there. *wink, wink* *nudge, nudge*

I've said it before, and i say it again; Future is bright!
01-14-2016, 12:25 AM   #562
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I've said it before, and i say it again; Future is bright!
Great, I can keep my flash in my bag.

Maybe I missed it, but have you already handled one of the K-1's?

01-14-2016, 12:57 AM - 1 Like   #563
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums

this picture was made from May till June, 2015.

it's interesting...The camera will be 1 year old soon...
01-14-2016, 01:32 AM   #564
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I don't think there's any doubt Nikon puts a lot more effort into their test images than Pentax does. Given that for folks like myself it's those images that are my only real impression. I still remember the library image that was posted with the D800. I was just blown away.

Here we are years later, pentax is finally releasing their D800, and honestly, these are images i wouldn't post here on the forum.

The suspension bridge image has OOF grass in front of parts of the bridge. The wild roses image has the background showing way too much detail, it just looks busy and the wide angle shot, come on, wait a bit until it's a sunset, and find someplace interesting to shoot. I try and do that every time I go out. They are unprofessional in so many ways, I could write pages.

The person who took these images is not a person who's standards are work I can appreciate. So what is the point of posting them? Would I buy a camera if I thought my images were going to look like those?

I'm left to think, I can take images I like with my K-3, hopefully the K-1 will be better. What else can I take from those images? 15 minutes from now I've forgotten them. The original D800 images, I'll never forget them.

The only thing I think when I see work like that is, people given a big job to do, and no money to do it with. I would expect to have better than those after a 2 hour walk through one of the park hiking trails.

Are they really that unaware?

Sorry about the smiley, it's not funny. It's depressing.

They should be images of a competent photographer who was planning to do a shoot anyway, and who could just take the new gear along. There should be the planning and care taken in a real photoshoot, location scouting, right time of day, proper lighting, the things real photographers do. None of those image qualify.
I totally agree with you on this...

Pentax-Ricoh have amazing products, but man, their marketing strategy for their cameras and lenses are very amateur or average and very very underwhelming. The sample images are like captured using a bridge camera or any other camera. The promotional materials and images doesn't have a professional quality which it shows no impact, no drama, no love, no life, and no passion.

How can Pentax-Ricoh attract and stimulate photographers, aspiring photographers, professional photographers, even inspiring current Pentaxians using mediocre and dull marketing strategies?

Zzz...
01-14-2016, 03:13 AM   #565
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Oh' sorry it was late and i was tired : my typo... still, ISO 100 wouldn't be the lowest ?
Anything lower would be in de expandable range, how much depending on the sensor.

D800:
ISO 100 -6400

Lo-1 (ISO 50)

Hi-1 (ISO 12,800)

Hi-2 (ISO 25,600)

D810:
ISO 64 -12,800

Lo-1 (ISO 32)

Hi-1 (ISO 25,600)

Hi-2 (ISO 51,200)

A7r:
100-25600
with a extended value down to 50

What sensor it will have? Hopefully a newer one than in the A7r and D800
01-14-2016, 03:32 AM   #566
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The FA31 and FA77 limited sample images are perhaps the most boring images I have ever seen today. The FA43 image looked good for f/2.8.
01-14-2016, 03:40 AM   #567
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The quality of pictures are rather mediocre.I don't understand why the teaser site of new camera is so weak in terms of design and display of information.

I understand that Pentaxians will buy camera in any case if they would have enough money and it's not important for us, but....
The work of web-designer under Full Frame by PENTAX | RICOH IMAGING is the work of amateur.
It's not serious and not prestigious for Ricoh Imaging.
01-14-2016, 04:26 AM   #568
Pentaxian

I think Ricoh has decided not to spend a lot of money on a slick marketing campaign and instead is trying to get a better distribution and service network (Pentax suddenly appeared at Mediamarkt in The Netherlands, but maybe we have to thank Samsung for that ). For marketing they will rely on on line channels.

The pictures are only there to illustrate the extensive Pentax ecosystem. Maybe they should have gotten a better photographer, but they probably wanted to prevent early leaks.
01-14-2016, 04:36 AM   #569
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
...but they probably wanted to prevent early leaks
Pentax has been cagey as hell with this camera.
01-14-2016, 04:37 AM   #570
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The quality of pictures are rather mediocre.I don't understand why the teaser site of new camera is so weak in terms of design and display of information.

I understand that Pentaxians will buy camera in any case if they would have enough money and it's not important for us, but....
The work of web-designer under Full Frame by PENTAX | RICOH IMAGING is the work of amateur.
It's not serious and not prestigious for Ricoh Imaging.
It is always this way. The question is what kinds of photos come out after real photographers get their hands on the camera and what kinds of reports real world folks give. Even when the 645Z was announced, the initial photos weren't great, but it is still a great camera.

Teasing a product that isn't available on the market is really only to keep Pentaxians from jumping ship to other full frame cameras and let them know that there really is a full frame camera coming. Folks in other brands really could care less at this point. That may change when the camera actually hits the market and there are real reviews and first hand accounts of how awesome it is, but photos taken with the FA limiteds or the DA limiteds at web sizes aren't bound to pique anyone's interest who isn't invested in Pentax already -- even if they were pretty awesome shots.