Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2016, 07:44 AM - 1 Like   #616
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Remember my post about FA77 photos
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/311706-k1-pics-new-...ml#post3491946
and rawr's answer.

It's not Australia. It's NZ.

Anyway, photos are made last year.

01-28-2016, 07:45 AM   #617

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
they're all in bed, I think - but looking at Google images, I think you're right
Ok...we need to wake them up and have them do a door-to-door search of the Lake Wakatipu area for any homes that happen to have any camera bodies that start with a "P" (Don't want to tip our hand...) and happen to be full frame ...If they do, tell them they've won a contest and invite them out to the "Winners Dinner"...I'll wait here and keep refreshing the page ...
01-28-2016, 07:55 AM   #618
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Remember my post about FA77 photos
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/311706-k1-pics-new-...ml#post3491946
and rawr's answer.

It's not Australia. It's NZ.

Anyway, photos are made last year.
So there is one set of images made by one photographer for as we know. On a trip to New Zealand and we have to wait for the good images.

---------- Post added 28-01-16 at 16:00 ----------

I'm glad they went to New Zealand. Google brings me to some great images (not Pentax, but who would expect that).

http://cmphoto.co.nz
01-28-2016, 08:07 AM - 2 Likes   #619
Veteran Member

Nice enough images, even if they are highlighting a Pentax/Tamron lens ...

Ricoh are still choosing tourist/ hobbyist subjects for the FF demo images though.

Time to ramp it up, Ricoh, and show a wedding shoot, or a studio portrait, or a real estate interior, or a fashion shoot. Something a working 'pro' might identify with.

01-28-2016, 08:11 AM   #620
Pentaxian

...or a car race?
01-28-2016, 08:14 AM   #621
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Nice enough images, even if they are highlighting a Pentax/Tamron lens ...

Ricoh are still choosing tourist/ hobbyist subjects for the FF demo images though.

Time to ramp it up, Ricoh, and show a wedding shoot, or a studio portrait, or a real estate interior, or a fashion shoot. Something a working 'pro' might identify with.
Or sports like golf and tennis where Ricoh is a major sponsor.
01-28-2016, 08:26 AM   #622
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
...or a car race?
Or a press conference/ movie launch / big league sports event / war zone etc. Just to highlight that Ricoh [we are told] intends the camera to be a serious commercial tool.

01-28-2016, 08:56 AM   #623
Banned

I think the following happend.........

Ricoh contact that great New Zealand photographer if he can make a nice set of images for their new Full Frame camera? Yeah great, I love to work with Ricoh he says. I think of the following "some nice set of images in New Zealand, where Gandolf and the others walker, some Australian scène, going to the Great Barrier Rif, I know a guy who can make a nice blob to dive with, then some scenery at Maldives and some tennis at the Australian Open". How does that sound? Great says Ricoh prep, I can give you the K-1 and some lenses on loan and as ambassador you can buy them cheaper if you like. Uhhhh well I need the camera and lenses, since I'm a Nikon pro. How about compensation for this work? We talk about a boat, plaintickets, diving equipement, an assistent and the time involved. Uhhhh well says Ricoh, we hope that you would be honored to be our ambassador! Sorry, but I was thinking of billing you some 50.000 USD if you don't mind. .........

Sorry we never pay for our images, we get them from loyal and enthousiast Pentaxians.....

(Not completely untrue, since I once made some aquisition proposel to do a Job. .....)
01-28-2016, 09:23 AM   #624
Pentaxian

More prosaically, and less risky, i'd see the marketing product manager taking a sample K-1 on a 3 days business trip to Wellington.
01-28-2016, 09:48 AM   #625

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
More prosaically, and less risky, i'd see the marketing product manager taking a sample K-1 on a 3 days business trip to Wellington.
I'm doing the Rumplestiltskin thing and taking a nap...wake me up on Feb. 18th (or whenever the announcement comes).
01-28-2016, 10:12 AM   #626
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Coming to this late ... is it known it will be called the K1 ? It seems to be logical to have the next APS-C sensor to be a K-1, after K-5 & K-3. The new FF needs, I'd have thought, to be something that distinguishes it from the cropped sensor series. This has probably been debated at length so Ignore this post if it has.
01-28-2016, 10:39 AM   #627
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DoubtingThomas Quote
That first shot looks like Queenstown, New Zealand but I could be wrong...Any Kiwis that can confirm?
Not a Kiwi, but I have a shot taken last year from the Mercure Queenstown resort in Queenstown, NZ, in which the mountain peaks (I think that they are the Remarkables) match, albeit from a slightly different angle.
01-28-2016, 11:10 AM   #628
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BarryE Quote
Coming to this late ... is it known it will be called the K1 ? It seems to be logical to have the next APS-C sensor to be a K-1, after K-5 & K-3. The new FF needs, I'd have thought, to be something that distinguishes it from the cropped sensor series. This has probably been debated at length so Ignore this post if it has.
Ricoh covered the name on the sample displayed last year and it's in deep shadow on all the official photographs - so either they are having fun with it or it is not K-1 and they don't yet want to reveal what it is. People on the forum who've seen the camera tend to call it FF rather than name it. I rather suspect it's not K-1, but there is no official word either way,
01-28-2016, 11:33 AM - 1 Like   #629
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Or maybe just use one of their pros
01-28-2016, 01:31 PM   #630
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It seems to me you could be right

It means that the photos are made in September-November, 2015.
Yes Queenstown looking south across Kelvin peninsula but I'd have expected a lot of snow on the mountains in Sep-Nov (think March-May in northern hemisphere). Looks more likely for January to March down there, so could be new. Where's Kiwi Ross when you need him?

Last edited by Dave L; 01-28-2016 at 01:41 PM.