Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2008, 12:13 PM   #31
Inactive Account

Hi jeffkrol

QuoteQuote:
There's always the zigview, personally too expensive though
Very true, but then I kinda assumed we were primarily discussing integral LCD devices, rather than additional bolt-on
extras ?

Best regards
Richard

08-05-2008, 01:31 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Confused Quote
IMHO to be genuinely useful, Live View needs to be provided with a fully-articulating screen in the same manner that numerous P&S cameras do, cutting diametrically across the weather-sealed design ethos present in the current K10D/K20D bodies.
not true, the olympus e-3 is sealed and has an articulating screen
08-05-2008, 03:38 PM   #33
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Never in the history of man have so many complained so much about something they don't have to use.
Well said Tom,

Cheers,

Rene
08-05-2008, 05:26 PM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
zeek10d, I too have found Live View useful and have actually overcome my initial aversion to it. It is a nifty feature and I can't really understand why some are so negative about it.
I think the point isn't "negativity," it's that professionals and similar people-photographers (eg photojournalism/street-oriented) have no use for live view. It seems to me to be excessive, as are several of the "settings."

K20D isn't a "professional" camera, but it's nearly as good as D300 in most respects, better in a few (pancake lens collection)...it's more than sufficient for murals. Live view isn't nearly as important as laptop display and control which, I think (have not tried) K20D implements.

Frankly, several P&S digicams are better for macro-shooters (virtually all of them hobbiests) because the smaller sensor means inherently greater DOF...it's those cameras that NEED live view. Those folks rarely print or obtain large fine prints, I hear, so big sensors are irrelevant.

08-13-2008, 06:37 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Personally, i absolutely love the Live View function!!! You haven't lived until you've taken the lens off, jammed the camera on 800mm and then twisted that switch the little distance further than ON. WOW! Sounds like its having a fit!!

in all seriousness, i <3 optical preview. I came up from the MX to the k20d, and i'd be lost without a dof preview.