Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #121
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Duplo Quote
All the ZF and ZK lenses are made by cosina in Japan.
But everything else is zeiss.

When I was told a new UWA lens from Zeiss were in the making I was secretly praying for it to be the Distagon 21mm f2.8 and thus a bit dissapointed as the 18m focal range is a little less appealing to me.

. . .
I think the zeiss lenses are priced very fair, no they are not cheap, but top of the line quality (both in construction, operation and optics) rarely is.

Why is it so bad to have the choice?
I would have a different opinion if it were a Distagon 21mm f2.8. I'll be honest. I like MF my DA 35mm f2.8 macro. So there can be the best of both worlds with very good build quality. I'm curious if the build quality is better on the Voightlander lenses that were bumped to build these Zeiss lenses.

08-12-2008, 04:45 PM   #122
Veteran Member

this is quite entertaining. You're all wasting your time with gooshin. He made it very clear that's it's his way or the highway. No matter how much sense everything you all say makes, his views are etched in stone. Sad. Comparing ZEISS glass, something I'm sure he has never seen or experienced, to other 35mm lenses simply cause of focal length and slower apreture. You're thick and ignorant. Oh, don't bother replying, I won't be checking this thread...
08-12-2008, 04:48 PM   #123
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
this is quite entertaining. You're all wasting your time with gooshin. He made it very clear that's it's his way or the highway. No matter how much sense everything you all say makes, his views are etched in stone. Sad. Comparing ZEISS glass, something I'm sure he has never seen or experienced, to other 35mm lenses simply cause of focal length and slower apreture. You're thick and ignorant. Oh, don't bother replying, I won't be checking this thread...
Is it German glass?
08-12-2008, 05:43 PM   #124
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I would have a different opinion if it were a Distagon 21mm f2.8. I'll be honest. I like MF my DA 35mm f2.8 macro. So there can be the best of both worlds with very good build quality. I'm curious if the build quality is better on the Voightlander lenses that were bumped to build these Zeiss lenses.
Yep so would I as already stated 18mm is right in between two sweet spots for me, thus not very interesting from a focal length point of view.

The MF on the remaining DA and FAlimiteds are good for AF lenses, but not up to the zeiss. but yeah it is possible to get decent manual focus from an AF lens, but well build manual lenses are addictive in that regard.

However we easily agree that pentax build perhaps the best AF primes around, regardless of brand.

08-12-2008, 06:22 PM   #125
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
I will beleive that when I'll see it. Please show me.
I have a ''G9'' and would be happy to produce an image for yall..
I got say, that you will be amazed at the quality of the images...The G9 produces better images IMO better than a K10D with ''KIT LENS''...Where the DSLR's and Slrs shine is as Goos has said... DOF, Super Macro, High ISO, long telephoto work etc...But for this you needs fast good glass...

The fact is there will be a few people who under a re-lapse will fall back into an LBA attack and buy these useless lenses...But they could buy a G9 instead and get the same thing.

Last edited by jgredline; 08-12-2008 at 07:03 PM.
08-12-2008, 06:24 PM   #126
Veteran Member

i love those forum lurkers that pop in to make an open ended statement, call someone an ignorant, then proclaim that they will never return as to not face an embaresement for their own stupidity.

bravo!

ziess is the best, bow down, take no prisoners, huzzah!
08-12-2008, 07:04 PM   #127
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
I have a ''G9'' and would be happy to produce an image for yall..
I got say, that you will be amazed at the quality of the images...The G9 produces better images IMO better than a K10D with ''KIT LENS''...Where the DSLR's and Slrs shine is as Goos has said... DOF, Super Macro, High ISO, long telephoto work etc...But for this you needs fast good glass...

The fact is there will be a few people who under a re-lapse will fall back into an LBA attack and buy these useless lenses...But they could be a G9 instead and get the same thing.
yes and 110mm film was always superior to medium and large format film, those photographers telling us differently was just trying to cheat us into buying more expensive gear.

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
ziess is the best, bow down, take no prisoners, huzzah!
No it is easily beaten by the ultra superior pro landscape camera, the canon G9.
I have learned that from you already.

-------------

I have been looking at medium format systems for my landscape work for a while. you guys just saved me a ton of money, all I need is a G9 for my landscape work. clearly superior to any DSLR out there... perhaps a camera phone would be a good choice for landscape photography?

Especially for really large prints right?

Come on... this thread is getting both off topic and real silly fast IMHO.

08-12-2008, 07:15 PM   #128
Veteran Member

perhaps a camera phone would be a good choice for landscape photography?

Especially for really large prints right?

Come on... this thread is getting both off topic and real silly fast IMHO.
Well, since you asked. Yes...Here is a landscape shot over downtown Hollywood with my cell phone. Check the EXIF...
08-12-2008, 07:20 PM   #129
Veteran Member

Well, since you asked. Yes...Here is a landscape shot over downtown Hollywood with my cell phone. Check the EXIF...
And I bet it will look better than any DSLR if you printed it in 40x60cm...
08-12-2008, 07:30 PM   #130
Veteran Member

And I bet it will look better than any DSLR if you printed it in 40x60cm...
Dupe,
Your missing the whole point of what we are saying...Your ignorance is showing.
08-12-2008, 07:47 PM   #131
Veteran Member

Dupe,
then please do enlighten me...
08-12-2008, 07:48 PM   #132
Veteran Member

then please do enlighten me...
No problem, go back and re read this thread.
08-12-2008, 07:56 PM   #133
Veteran Member

Dupe,
Why do you reiterate that at a small image size it all won't matter and are not ignorant, but someone who points out, that if you talked large enough prints there would be a difference and he is ignorant? *shakeshead*
At least i see why you mentioned how you love gooshins great replies, great minds think alike
this thread turned out to be more entertaining than i ever had thought
08-12-2008, 07:57 PM   #134
Veteran Member

No problem, go back and re read this thread.
I have done... and replied several times to it in a sensible matter...
You just called me ignorant when talking about G9 being superior to a K10D and kit lens for daylight shots.

gooshin claimed it would be nearly equal to a 5D and 18mm lens at postersize prints and the difference only showing at close inspection. provided we talked daylight shots.

what have I missed?
08-12-2008, 10:49 PM   #135
Veteran Member

I have done... and replied several times to it in a sensible matter...
You just called me ignorant when talking about G9 being superior to a K10D and kit lens for daylight shots.

gooshin claimed it would be nearly equal to a 5D and 18mm lens at postersize prints and the difference only showing at close inspection. provided we talked daylight shots.

what have I missed?
i said that once you get to poster sized prints you are going to start seeing a difference benefiting the SLR's

and even then, we are going in circles

my original point was that i feel that PENTAX does not need a 18mm F3.5 lens, that
is
****ing
all
!

if you feel that the current digital pentax lineup needs an 18mm F3.5 lens, then by all means go nuts, except that i havent heard a good argument yet other than "its ziess so the optics must be better than anything else in the world".

which i even confirmed by saying "if its as good as you guys say it is then maybe its worth, but who is to say that it will be?", since no one here has this lens.

oi vey, seriously guys give it a rest3

Last edited by wlank; 08-14-2008 at 06:04 PM.