Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2016, 03:12 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dipsoid Quote
Maybe pick better compositions, with better lighting conditions? The images are promotional, not technical. The images should wow because they're great photographs, not technical achievements. The reviewers will handle the technical stuff. Promotional material is supposed to inspire awe. These pictures inspire... nothing. It looks like they sent one of the engineers working on the camera out on a field trip to "take pictures of stuff".

Compare these pictures on Pentax's very nineties looking website with Phase One's promo material: https://www.phaseone.com/en/Products/Camera-Systems/XF-Camera-System.aspx

Sure Phase One allows you to download the full resolution images to oogle the detail, but the pictures look great because they're awe-inspiring professional photographic works of art.
Yes, this was my meaning and intent. Personally, I shoot either APS-C or Medium Format film, so I haven't yet bridged between the two with FF. But to also respond to Starbase, many of my friends shoot FF, and even on the net/monitor, I can see the improved dynamic range, resolution, low light capability, and shallow depth of field. As soon as I can't afford to not shoot FF, I will (double negative intended).

01-13-2016, 10:43 PM   #17
HYS
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
One picture per month (or two)! Great!
01-14-2016, 01:00 AM - 1 Like   #18
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pay attention that the picture with FA77 was made from May till June, 2015.
01-14-2016, 01:15 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Pay attention that the picture with FA77 was made from May till June, 2015.
...in T mode with a tripod?

01-14-2016, 02:40 AM   #20
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
...in T mode with a tripod?
It's not a joke. It's easy to understand.
We can see Rosa canina or Dog-rose or we could call this wild rose as European rose.
The blossom of this rose is May-June.

Anyway, all species of this flowering plant have flowering period in late May-June, sometimes first days of May, and very-very rare - second blossom in August.
The duration of blossow is from 5 till 20 days.
01-14-2016, 03:12 AM   #21
bxf
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
YES (for the fifth time).
Whew, glad someone is keeping count. I was concerned.
01-14-2016, 05:13 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Anyway, all species of this flowering plant have flowering period in late May-June, sometimes first days of May, and very-very rare - second blossom in August.
They could have shot it in the southern hemisphere, where it blooms at a different time of year. In Australia, for example, 'Flowering occurs mostly during late spring and early summer (i.e. from October to December).'. If so, the image may only be a month old.

Ricoh have shot many sample images in Australia recently - eg for the D FA 150-450, the K-S2 etc.
01-14-2016, 05:31 AM   #23
Pentaxian

By all means make a new thread...

01-14-2016, 05:55 AM - 1 Like   #24
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
They could have shot it in the southern hemisphere, where it blooms at a different time of year. In Australia, for example, 'Flowering occurs mostly during late spring and early summer (i.e. from October to December).'. If so, the image may only be a month old.
I have doubts that it's Australia. The landscapes are not Australian for my eyes. Yes, there are mountain hollows, rivers, streams...
But the main parts of such landscapes are wandoo-forest. I don't see such trees here.

Anyway, if it's Australia, the spring in Australia is from September till November.
The blossom could be a bit earlier in warm climate than in Europe. It means that the photos could be made this autumn.
And we could say that K-1 was already produced earlier than October, 2015.

Last edited by ogl; 01-14-2016 at 12:19 PM.
01-14-2016, 06:59 AM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by starbase218 Quote
The photos may not be the best around (the first one bores the hell out of me), but I'm curious: how you would show the potential of a fullframe camera when all you can do is post images on a website, especially taking into account how good APS-C is nowadays.
Have you seen the downloadable sample photograph for the PhaseOne 100MP camera? Now that's a website that uses photographs that sell the most salient feature of the camera! Not only can you download files for examination, you can also use a zoom tool within your browser to examine the image quality in a much better implementation than the Pentax webpage zoom tool. It doesn't matter that it's a 100MP medium format versus a FF. It's the approach that matters. Pentax could offer much better images. I doubt they will provide full res files for download though, because that would reveal the size of the sensor.
01-14-2016, 07:16 AM   #26
JPT
Pentaxian

On this latest image of the camera itself, that screen looks really like it will be a touch screen. I strongly suspect that it why the screen is articulated in that way - to provide movement in all directions while still being supported from the rear so that it doesn't give way when you press lightly against it. I don't think the swing-out type of articulated screen (K-S2 style) is ideal for touch screens, although I know some Nikons have swing-out touch screens.
01-14-2016, 07:23 AM   #27
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
By all means make a new thread...
Don't you think it's better if people can repeat themselves in separate threads than doing so in the same thread over and over?
01-14-2016, 07:26 AM - 3 Likes   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Don't you think it's better if people can repeat themselves in separate threads than doing so in the same thread over and over?
You can make it a game, try and think of a new opinion for each thread. If you do that in the same thread it looks like you are arguing with yourself.
01-14-2016, 11:02 AM   #29
Pentaxian

And we could say that K-1 was already produced earlier than October, 2015.
I'm sure there have been working prototypes and pre-series cameras of K1 much earlier than October.
01-14-2016, 02:33 PM   #30
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
I'm sure there have been working prototypes and pre-series cameras of K1 much earlier than October.
I guess then a question that echoes another thread is what was the first lens Pentax mounted on the K1?

- Eric