Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2016, 03:42 PM   #31
TAP
Senior Member
TAP's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 114
QuoteOriginally posted by starbase218 Quote
The photos may not be the best around (the first one bores the hell out of me), but I'm curious: how you would show the potential of a fullframe camera when all you can do is post images on a website, especially taking into account how good APS-C is nowadays.
Full-res JPEGs would be a good start

01-14-2016, 03:46 PM   #32
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austria
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 260
... could also be K-5 pics, I wouldn't notice the difference at this size of the picture and you probably neither (no offence).
01-14-2016, 04:55 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Alex645's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Kaneohe, HI
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,342
QuoteOriginally posted by infoomatic Quote
... could also be K-5 pics, I wouldn't notice the difference at this size of the picture and you probably neither (no offence).
I assume you are joking when you say it could be a K-5 photo being misrepresented here as a K-1 photo. Yes, it's possible, but why in the world would they take that risk? It would be bad enough for a forum member to alter their EXIF file to pose as a Pentax, when they are really shooting Canon, so I can't imagine any reason why a corporation would do anything so deceptive. Do you drive a VW turbo diesel?
01-14-2016, 05:55 PM   #34
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,983
QuoteOriginally posted by starbase218 Quote
The photos may not be the best around (the first one bores the hell out of me), but I'm curious: how you would show the potential of a fullframe camera when all you can do is post images on a website, especially taking into account how good APS-C is nowadays.
I'm not convinced that any pictures from them are going to do any good. They need to stop fooling around with the marketing and just get some cameras in the hands of real life users!!

01-14-2016, 07:18 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 9,021
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I'm not convinced that any pictures from them are going to do any good. They need to stop fooling around with the marketing and just get some cameras in the hands of real life users!!
Get your Visa card out when it's released, Reh, and show 'em how it's done. ☺
01-14-2016, 07:34 PM - 1 Like   #36
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,854
Why doesn't Pentax ask us who we want to see with a K-1. I'm going for MikeSF and LeRolls or maybe Rondec. There's shooters here that put whoever took those Pentax images to shame.

Last edited by normhead; 01-15-2016 at 06:59 PM.
01-14-2016, 11:08 PM - 1 Like   #37
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 5th floor
Posts: 1,328
I think the pictures are just fine. They tell me enough Info and the feel of this FF sensor in relation to what the scenes would look like on APS-C with the same set of lenses. This is not a photo contest. They didn't post these pics to wow you. They are cleverly chosen scenes that are designed to make you imagine what you can do with this camera, how you can make it sing based on what you typically shoot.
01-14-2016, 11:24 PM - 1 Like   #38
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 152
QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
This is not a photo contest. They didn't post these pics to wow you. They are cleverly chosen scenes that are designed to make you imagine what you can do with this camera, how you can make it sing based on what you typically shoot.
If this is true, then Ricoh is doing "marketing" wrong. This is a photo contest, the K-1 may decide the future that Pentax heads in. Could you imagine a restaurant's food being shown advertised on paper plates? It's not supposed to "wow" you, just give you a feeling of the food.


Last edited by Dipsoid; 01-14-2016 at 11:33 PM.
01-15-2016, 12:39 AM   #39
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,837
QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
I think the pictures are just fine.
I agree. These images simply make the point that the camera will work with some of the legendary FA Ltd's that many Pentaxians hold so dear. They do that simple task well enough.

People should remember that everything on the site is a tease, not the full reveal.
Think of it as a strip tease, if that helps clear up the site concept.

You don't show everything all at once, otherwise you have no show. So 'full-frontal' and glamour images will come at the end of the show, at CP+. Then there will be gazillions of images to pixel peep, sub-sections of the web site that trumpet every feature of the camera, numerous images shot by select reviewers, and possibly also some fancy 'wow' images shot by Pentax Ambassadors too.
01-15-2016, 12:56 AM   #40
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,762
I agree on your agree.

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I agree. These images simply make the point that the camera will work with some of the legendary FA Ltd's that many Pentaxians hold so dear. They do that simple task well enough.

People should remember that everything on the site is a tease, not the full reveal.
Think of it as a strip tease, if that helps clear up the site concept.

You don't show everything all at once, otherwise you have no show. So 'full-frontal' and glamour images will come at the end of the show, at CP+. Then there will be gazillions of images to pixel peep, sub-sections of the web site that trumpet every feature of the camera, numerous images shot by select reviewers, and possibly also some fancy 'wow' images shot by Pentax Ambassadors too.
And I'll ad at here that this has been the line of Pentax/ricoh, before too. Pretty much sleeves down calmly showing that here, FF camera for your lovely FA limiteds, all working as it should. Now, buy this and you know what you can do. As you said, there will be more flashy photos, form ambassadors al all that kind of stuff. No problem for me. And I kind a liked FA 31 and 43 shots...
01-15-2016, 01:06 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Alex645's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Kaneohe, HI
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,342
QuoteOriginally posted by Dipsoid Quote
If this is true, then Ricoh is doing "marketing" wrong. This is a photo contest, the K-1 may decide the future that Pentax heads in. Could you imagine a restaurant's food being shown advertised on paper plates? It's not supposed to "wow" you, just give you a feeling of the food.
And I agree with Dipsoid's counterpoint. Anything less is just 'lowering the bar' or simply not taking advantage of the opportunity. Given all the amazing talent of photographers that shoot as amateurs or hobbyists, I'd expect a professional to have higher standards. I'm glad their engineers aren't as 'good enough' in their approach to features and quality.
01-15-2016, 01:08 AM   #42
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,837
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
FF camera for your lovely FA limiteds, all working as it should.
That's why, for instance, they showed this K-1 + FA 31 image at the first public 'debut' of the K-1 (at CP+ 2015), when the K-1 was still a mere plastic lump:



It's been a very consistent message from Ricoh - the camera will make Pentaxians with FA Ltd's happy.

Cameras are just accessories for lenses, after all.

Last edited by rawr; 01-15-2016 at 01:16 AM.
01-15-2016, 01:31 AM   #43
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,762
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
That's why, for instance, they showed this K-1 + FA 31 image at the first public 'debut' of the K-1 (at CP+ 2015), when the K-1 was still a mere plastic lump:



It's been a very consistent message from Ricoh - the camera will make Pentaxians with FA Ltd's happy.

Cameras are just accessories for lenses, after all.
Could you also make so that it wil make new Happy FA-Limited owners?
01-15-2016, 01:36 AM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 9,021
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
And I agree with Dipsoid's counterpoint. Anything less is just 'lowering the bar' or simply not taking advantage of the opportunity.
Hmm, aren't you glad to be "let behind the red cutain" to see the engineers working on compatibility, Alex?

There are some in the forum who got distraught at the lack of release last year, vaporware, that sort of thing. ☺
01-15-2016, 01:46 AM - 1 Like   #45
Pentaxian
noelpolar's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Goolwa, SA
Posts: 3,073
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I agree. These images simply make the point that the camera will work with some of the legendary FA Ltd's that many Pentaxians hold so dear. They do that simple task well enough.

People should remember that everything on the site is a tease, not the full reveal.
Think of it as a strip tease, if that helps clear up the site concept.

You don't show everything all at once, otherwise you have no show. So 'full-frontal' and glamour images will come at the end of the show, at CP+. Then there will be gazillions of images to pixel peep, sub-sections of the web site that trumpet every feature of the camera, numerous images shot by select reviewers, and possibly also some fancy 'wow' images shot by Pentax Ambassadors too.
I tend to speed read these posts...... so ....do you really want to see shots of a strip tease so you can pixle peep the full frontals...... then blow a trumpet?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k1 pics, pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will the new Pentax K1 FF be DOA?? Shanti Pentax Full Frame 87 02-17-2016 06:42 PM
K1 pics new update with da lenses this time zmohie Pentax News and Rumors 766 02-13-2016 04:49 PM
D FA lens with full performance on new K1? Uncle Pete Pentax Full Frame 15 12-17-2015 05:25 AM
Regarding the new Pentax K1 benjikan Pentax Full Frame 11 12-11-2015 03:42 PM
to update to PDCU v. 5.3.1 if I get the D FA 150-450mmF4 ?? jpzk Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 7 04-04-2015 08:03 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:07 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top