Photos: Gallery | Albums
K1 pics new update with the 3 fa ltds

Full Frame by PENTAX | RICOH IMAGING
Sorry if it was posted before.

01-13-2016, 11:00 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wow, the examples on the site are notably mediocre. What a disappointing and ineffective way to show off not just the potential of the new camera, but also the limited primes. 95% of the posts on this forum for those lenses on APS-C look better. Seriously....
01-13-2016, 11:13 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
Wow, the examples on the site are notably mediocre. What a disappointing and ineffective way to show off not just the potential of the new camera, but also the limited primes. 95% of the posts on this forum for those lenses on APS-C look better. Seriously....
Obviously PentaxIsDOOOMED™!

01-13-2016, 11:22 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not trying to be negative, but rather critical that the creative art and marketing should match (or typically exceed) the engineering. We'll know soon enough with the K-1, but the Limited Primes are exceptional and the images on that linked site are underwhelming.

When Nikon was about to launch the Df, videos like this one really turned a lot of heads and hearts:

Pentax deserves images and videos that are better at showing than telling.
01-13-2016, 11:32 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I must say I agree about the sample photographs on that webpage. I've been pondering the FF with the 77mm if the K-1 merits buying a new camera. I don't think Pentax is "doomed," but the sample photograph for the 77mm would never sell me on the lens—nor would any of the photographs representing the other limited lenses.
01-13-2016, 12:48 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
The photos may not be the best around (the first one bores the hell out of me), but I'm curious: how you would show the potential of a fullframe camera when all you can do is post images on a website, especially taking into account how good APS-C is nowadays.

01-13-2016, 12:57 PM - 1 Like   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by starbase218 Quote
The photos may not be the best around (the first one bores the hell out of me), but I'm curious: how you would show the potential of a fullframe camera when all you can do is post images on a website, especially taking into account how good APS-C is nowadays.
Maybe pick better compositions, with better lighting conditions? The images are promotional, not technical. The images should wow because they're great photographs, not technical achievements. The reviewers will handle the technical stuff. Promotional material is supposed to inspire awe. These pictures inspire... nothing. It looks like they sent one of the engineers working on the camera out on a field trip to "take pictures of stuff".

Compare these pictures on Pentax's very nineties looking website with Phase One's promo material: https://www.phaseone.com/en/Products/Camera-Systems/XF-Camera-System.aspx

Sure Phase One allows you to download the full resolution images to oogle the detail, but the pictures look great because they're awe-inspiring professional photographic works of art.
01-13-2016, 01:01 PM   #9
Veteran Member

'' The FF setting allows you to use a DA-series lens, with the focal length and angle of view you have become familiar with since the days of film photography''.

that's written in the page , under the pics of the deer. Isn't that misleading? most of DA don't cover FF. Anyone using Pentax knows that. Or perhaps I missed something...Was the writer a Canon or Nikon shooter?.
01-13-2016, 01:13 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
QuoteOriginally posted by Dipsoid Quote
Maybe pick better compositions, with better lighting conditions? The images are promotional, not technical. The images should wow because they're great photographs, not technical achievements. The reviewers will handle the technical stuff. Promotional material is supposed to inspire awe. These pictures inspire... nothing. It looks like they sent one of the engineers working on the camera out on a field trip to "take pictures of stuff".
True, but he compared it to APS-C shots on this forum and said they looked better. So I thought he meant that he somehow expected the images to highlight the advantages of a fullframe camera.

I do agree that not only do the images look better on the PhaseOne site, but the site itself is much better.
01-13-2016, 01:15 PM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bm75 Quote
'' The FF setting allows you to use a DA-series lens, with the focal length and angle of view you have become familiar with since the days of film photography''.

that's written in the page , under the pics of the deer. Isn't that misleading? .
Yep, that's why this is all teaser stuff ... almost unvetted material popped out on to the Net.

Kenspo says he doesn't think they'll use any of his pics until actual release, for instance.
01-13-2016, 01:31 PM   #12

Does that say "HD 77 1.8"? Typo?
01-13-2016, 01:33 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bunch Quote
Does that say "HD 77 1.8"? Typo?
YES (for the fifth time).
The Japanese version says SMC.
01-13-2016, 02:04 PM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
YES (for the fifth time).
The Japanese version says SMC.
Didn't mean to inconvenience you, I guess I don't spend as much time on the forum as you.
01-13-2016, 02:04 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bunch Quote
Didn't mean to inconvenience you, I guess I don't spend as much time on the forum as you.
No problem, I've just seen about 10 people post about the HD mistake
I shouldn't take the stupidity of people out on you