Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2016, 02:56 AM - 1 Like   #361
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Go troll somewhere else..zZzZz
Come on, be fair - that's not trolling, that's just disappointed expectations, saying that hopes (rightly or wrongly) were marched up to the top of the hill and now they are slowly being marched down again. Not trolling.

02-15-2016, 02:56 AM   #362
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
That alone is a major feat. The mass to move around quickly has more than doubled, probably x3. And in order to gain the same results the maximum shifting also must be greater, so that drives up the need for momentum even more.

It's incredibly easier to stabilize an tiny mFT sensor compared to a 36x24mm one.

I'll be positively surprised if they manage to keep the astounding K-3II level with such a mass to accelerate.
The mass of the sensor has probably doubled, but the sensor is mounted on a metallic plate with four coils on and the mass of those parts doesn’t necessarily have to be doubled.
So the total moving mass has most likely not been doubled. Also each pixel is larger than on the K3 which makes it slightly easier for the SR system.

But yes they do need to beef things up, but while they are at it, have they done something more? As I said before, a locking system would be neat.
02-15-2016, 02:58 AM   #363
Veteran Member

Kenspo, I saw you deleted that post. Good thinking.
02-15-2016, 02:59 AM - 1 Like   #364
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote
Kenpo, at this moment Nikon has 3 flagships: D5 for sports, D500 for APS-C , D810 for resolution. On wich one did you refer when you spoke about Pentax Af?

And what's with your attitude? You're Ricoh ambassador, not just a simple member on this forum. At least for this reason you should be more professional with your language. I mean, you can ignore some comments if you think they are inappropriate (from your point of view) but you don't have to be rude to no one. After all it is a forum and people will continue to comment here long after the release of the full frame (and they will say good things or bad things about Pentax, it's just the way it is).

By the way, each and every person have different needs when comes to cameras so you don't expect that Pentax full frame will cover all this needs, do you?.

It is a big week for Ricoh/Pentax, don't ruin it with your attitude and your language.

Nicolas 06, take a look at this photo from february 2016. If Nikon D4s and the upcoming D5 have the best Af ever, why 6 out of 7 photographers from this photo are shooting with Canon?

Actually Kenpo did say that Af will not be near Nikon's Af. Which Nikon camera he referred to? We don't know yet, we just know he reffered to the flagship from Nikon.
I disagree. Whiny trolls reap what they sow. And what kenspo said wasn't very rude at all.

02-15-2016, 03:05 AM   #365
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rorschach Quote
I disagree. Whiny trolls reap what they sow. And what kenspo said wasn't very rude at all.
He said go **ck yourself. I guess for you the word rude has another meaning. But he deleted the comment and that was the right thing to do.
02-15-2016, 03:14 AM - 1 Like   #366
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Come on, be fair - that's not trolling, that's just disappointed expectations, saying that hopes (rightly or wrongly) were marched up to the top of the hill and now they are slowly being marched down again. Not trolling.

The expectations were completely unrealistic, regardless of what Pentax or kenspo have said.
02-15-2016, 03:15 AM - 5 Likes   #367
Veteran Member

Dan Rentea: Even the 6-7 year old D700 has better AF-C then K-3II..But i was talking about the different cameras i have used..but if we compare APS-C only, the D7200 is still on a different planet compared to Pentax. But that said, I'm a hired gun that is signed to help with the development. The FF was suppose to come much earlier then it does, but i stayed loyal, cause i belive in what is coming..I have explained this more then once before.

Attitude? ambassador or not, i have it my contract to speak freely, good or bad. But this time i fell for the trap with another stupid troll..so i edited the original post. Im signed to work towards the pro marked..not the "every day" users..Im not obliged to even be here or answer any questions at all. I do this only because i like it and because i want others to get the same positivity for the future of Pentax. If i should stick to only whats in my contract, i wouldn't be here at all.

There will never be a camera that cover 100% of the users wishes.

I'll also answer what you wrote to Nicolas: I dont have to refer to a specific Nikon, since 9/10 cameras is way better then Pentax. BUT on the FF we'll take a big step in the right direction. And the picture you use, is useless. There is plenty pics there its more Nikons then Canons. Its only about who sponsor more then the other on each event. Because of the sponsoring, no one other can match that, either with money or the correct equipment. So this is a world Sony, Pentax etc won't be big in..Not for many years at least..

Those expectations didn't come from me. I have never said that the K-1 will be the best camera in the world with EVERY feature available. I have said that it will be a BIG step for Pentax..and deliver some features that will surprise people. A big difference there. So yes, his post was trolling and unnecessary whining.

Last edited by kenspo; 02-15-2016 at 03:21 AM.
02-15-2016, 03:20 AM   #368
Veteran Member

Nicolas 06, take a look at this photo from february 2016. If Nikon D4s and the upcoming D5 have the best Af ever, why 6 out of 7 photographers from this photo are shooting with Canon?
Because Canon is good enough. That the same for their sensors. it is not as good as what Sony does provide to Nikon and now Pentax. In the end, it doesn't matter.
02-15-2016, 03:21 AM - 1 Like   #369
Veteran Member

Kenspo, I saw you deleted that post. Good thinking.
I didnt delete it. I did an edit, cause i saw that i fell for a trolling trap.
02-15-2016, 03:21 AM - 3 Likes   #370

Photos: Albums
It is a big week for Ricoh/Pentax, don't ruin it with your attitude and your language.
seriously kenspo is here as you or me. He just happens to be someone with information. People here abuse him verbally quite bad, he has been told to leave, that he gives false information, that he is a troll, that he knows nothing, but he remains and he feeds us with tidbits of information whenever he can. II admire his patience. I would have given up a long time ago and never turn around. And remember, this is a forum, people here tend to say things they would never do face to face. and if someone told me the things they have told kenspo face to face, they should concider themselves lucky if all I did was tell them to go away using harsh words.

Go troll somewhere else..zZzZz
I'm on your side, thanks for having the patience you have, you have small children, right?
02-15-2016, 03:24 AM   #371
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by discharged Quote
I'm on your side, thanks for having the patience you have, you have small children, right?
Yes..They are teens now..so the patience have to be bigger..since one is a girl with attitude
02-15-2016, 03:32 AM - 1 Like   #372
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Originally posted by ffking
Those expectations didn't come from me. I have never said that the K-1 will be the best camera in the world with EVERY feature available. I have said that it will be a BIG step for Pentax..and deliver some features that will surprise people. A big difference there. So yes, his post was trolling and unnecessary whining.
I think we have have different definitions - to me trolling is calculated offensiveness, and that's not the way I read the comment - to me it was somebody who had built up their expectations - I did say rightly or wrongly - feeling them crumbling - not trolling, not whining (both gratuitously offensive words) just expressing disappointment. But who knows? O could be wrong and you might be right. That's all I meant.
02-15-2016, 03:36 AM - 1 Like   #373
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Kenpo, at this moment Nikon has 3 flagships: D5 for sports, D500 for APS-C , D810 for resolution. On wich one did you refer when you spoke about Pentax Af?

And what's with your attitude? You're Ricoh ambassador, not just a simple member on this forum. At least for this reason you should be more professional with your language. I mean, you can ignore some comments if you think they are inappropriate (from your point of view) but you don't have to be rude to no one. After all it is a forum and people will continue to comment here long after the release of the full frame (and they will say good things or bad things about Pentax, it's just the way it is).

By the way, each and every person have different needs when comes to cameras so you don't expect that Pentax full frame will cover all this needs, do you?.

Actually Kenpo did say that Af will not be near Nikon's Af. Which Nikon camera he referred to? We don't know yet, we just know he reffered to the flagship from Nikon.
I think upper end Canons are good enough. When you get to the place where you are looking at 1D series camera versus a D4/D5 the biggest factor is going to be the skill of the photographer. But as Kenspo mentioned, a lot of these photographers are partly sponsored and that probably makes the biggest difference when you are looking at expensive bodies and fast, long lenses.

It is safe to say that the K-1 will be more targeted at wedding/portrait/landscape photographers than at sports photographers. Which is OK. I don't really want to pay D5 prices in order to get a phenomenal frame rate when 6 fps is plenty fast for what I shoot.
02-15-2016, 03:38 AM   #374
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He said go **ck yourself. I guess for you the word rude has another meaning. But he deleted the comment and that was the right thing to do.
That one I never saw. So my response is based on the edited post.

In general, I dislike the number of persistent, negative whiners here and on other forums.

To make things clear, also in real life I will tell people like that to get the **** out. Sorry for being such a blunt personality but that kind of people can go somewhere else to piss on someone else's parade.
02-15-2016, 03:38 AM   #375
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think we have have different definitions - to me trolling is calculated offensiveness, and that's not the way I read the comment - to me it was somebody who had built up their expectations - I did say rightly or wrongly - feeling them crumbling - not trolling, not whining (both gratuitously offensive words) just expressing disappointment. But who knows? O could be wrong and you might be right. That's all I meant.
OTH has a history of saying inflammatory things about full frame, indicating that it is a failure before he has even seen the specs, etc. His posts are calculated to irritate those interested in full frame precisely because he is upset that Pentax has invested any money in building a full frame camera.

It is probably wisest to put him on ignore.