Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 211 Likes Search this Thread
02-15-2016, 04:46 AM   #391
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Funny to me to read that thread. People are arguing without being specific. Regarding AF performance considerations, it's easy, either you have two type of cameras:
- a) "high fps" + "low resolution" + "fast and sticky AF tracking module"
- b) "high resolution" + "low fps" + whatever AF can lock on still target

So, a lot a non pro photog use a) fast APSC fast AF for wildlife and sports: 7D, 7DII and D500 types... the K-3 is supposed to be matching 7D series, which is not.
Then you have mid range full frame users, they don't use their FF for birding or sports because FF require bloody expensive lenses far beyong the 100-400 or 80-400, AF requirement is low in that case.
Then you have the pros with big budgets who use 1D or D4 types of cameras.

IMO, if the K-1 does not rock, it's not a big deal. However, if the K-3 AF track sucks... the K-3 FPS is useless because there are no much cases where you need 8.3 FPS on a static subject.

Now, I figured out that I'd rather by a Pentax full frame for using my k mount FF lenses, and replace all of my Pentax APSC gear by a D500 + long lens.

Given the lenses that Pentax have, a Pentax full frame made sense already many years ago, more sense than APSC in fact.

02-15-2016, 04:47 AM - 1 Like   #392
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
no other brand has on their pro cameras.
you mean like available in pink?
02-15-2016, 04:49 AM   #393
Veteran Member

haha...no..it will be black only :P
02-15-2016, 04:50 AM - 2 Likes   #394
Pentaxian

Just been an hour in the phone with Ricoh..Now i know ALL specs and little features. There are a few minor disappointments..but there will be some new features that will make your jaw drop..and that no other brand has on their pro cameras. So get ready for some neat surprises
Yes thank you for the update. Now we will go on and make deal breakers out of the minor disappointments and the jaw dropping we will deem unnecessary frips nobody uses for three days

02-15-2016, 04:51 AM - 1 Like   #395
Pentaxian

Now I understand it, the tilt & swivel screen is there to keep your jaw from dropping all the time. :P

I'm sure the "bad points" are video related... Like always in the case of Pentax. I.e. no 4K or something like that.
02-15-2016, 04:52 AM   #396
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just been an hour in the phone with Ricoh..Now i know ALL specs and little features. There are a few minor disappointments..but there will be some new features that will make your jaw drop..and that no other brand has on their pro cameras. So get ready for some neat surprises
more seriously, that's what I was expecting plus hoping for - so that's all good - thank-you
02-15-2016, 04:55 AM - 1 Like   #397
Veteran Member

For the record, I tend to look at Kenspo's comments as an ambassador for Pentax on this forum and not as a simple forum member. If you are here (I'm addressing to Kenspo now) as a simple forum member, than you have a special Thank you from me. Why? Because I always want to hear a PRO Photographer's opinion on a specific camera.

@ Rondec, I can't agree more with you on this. At that level the camera is not important (D5, 1Dx), only the photographer skills matter.

02-15-2016, 04:56 AM   #398
Veteran Member

Most of my postings here, is as a simple forum member. Ricoh knows I'm a loose canon and they rather saw that i didn't share snippets etc..But they still love me..haha
02-15-2016, 04:58 AM   #399

Yes..They are teens now..so the patience have to be bigger..since one is a girl with attitude
I hope the concerts you see and photograph go a long way towards reducing teenagedaughter anxiety and stress
02-15-2016, 05:00 AM   #400
Veteran Member

They do hehe..
02-15-2016, 05:02 AM   #401

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I know this is slightly off track, but any word on the 70-200 f2.8? Hanging out for this one. I think Pentax is going to cost me a fortune this year.
02-15-2016, 05:02 AM - 1 Like   #402
Pentaxian

Most of my postings here, is as a simple forum member. Ricoh knows I'm a loose canon and they rather saw that i didn't share snippets etc..But they still love me..haha
A Canon shooting Pentax
02-15-2016, 05:07 AM - 1 Like   #403
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eebll Quote
I know this is slightly off track, but any word on the 70-200 f2.8? Hanging out for this one. I think Pentax is going to cost me a fortune this year.
Will come very soon..same with 15-30 F/2.8

---------- Post added 02-15-16 at 01:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
A Canon shooting Pentax
A former Nikon shooting Canon using Pentax?
02-15-2016, 05:13 AM   #404
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote
For the record, I tend to look at Kenspo's comments as an ambassador for Pentax on this forum and not as a simple forum member. If you are here (I'm addressing to Kenspo now) as a simple forum member, than you have a special Thank you from me. Why? Because I always want to hear a PRO Photographer's opinion on a specific camera.

(...)
We all know that kenspo is an enthusiast –this is part of his charm– and, as such, his excitement about Pentax and his enthusiastic statements have to be discounted a bit, that’s all.

For instance, when he writes:
(...)

With the K-3 II and the new 24-70 i notice i big improvement in AF-C in difficult light, so they are getting there. The FF will be up there with the best ones. So Ricoh/Pentax know what they are doing atm.

(...)
one has to take it with a pinch of salt. On this forum like in real life, one has to adapt to one's interlocutor and react accordingly.
02-15-2016, 05:17 AM   #405
Veteran Member

What this FF will deliver of quality, will put it up there amongst the best. I stay by that, even with me not happy with the AF-C. And with the new features, that Pentax will be alone to have, they will make waves