Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2016, 04:52 AM   #271
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 9,327
There's a lever dedicated to that.

02-17-2016, 04:53 AM   #272
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 112
Yes there is. There's a lever beneath the adjustment wheel on right side of the camera, next to the prism hump.
02-17-2016, 04:54 AM   #273
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,832
The K-1 SR mechanism looks very compact. Doesn't look much different from K-3 in size or design.

So much for all the scare mongering about FF shake reduction needing to be huge, difficult to fit in a compact FF body etc etc.
02-17-2016, 04:54 AM   #274
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,349
so were is the video mark?

02-17-2016, 04:55 AM   #275
Imp
Pentaxian
Imp's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Washington, DC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,344
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
There is no obvious way to turn on video. Yet a mystery to be solved.
Switch on the top dial, not the mode dial, the other one. And then press the shutter button?
02-17-2016, 04:55 AM   #276
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,349
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
The K-1 SR mechanism looks very compact. Doesn't look much different from K-3 in size or design.

So much for all the scare mongering about FF shake reduction needing to be huge, difficult to fit in a compact FF body etc etc.
Yeah I was called stupid several times for saying it didn't need much more size.
02-17-2016, 04:57 AM   #277
Veteran Member
Asahiflex's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,754
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
so were is the video mark?
Just under that lever?
02-17-2016, 05:05 AM   #278
Senior Member
Enrique S Toso's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mendoza - Argentina
Posts: 129
Maybe the groundbreaking thing beside pxel shift, astrotracer, etc, is PRICE for a full frame 36mpx DSLR. I read US$1799 somewhere....is like the cheapest full frame digital camera ever, with the almost most expensive 135 sensor in the market.

02-17-2016, 05:18 AM   #279
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 2,998
There are two major engineering achievements in K-1: the new SR module and what it allows (including 5-stop stabilisation, hand-held Pixel Shift Resolution, hand-held HDR and automatic horizon correction) and the cinematic of the rear screen.
02-17-2016, 05:20 AM   #280
Veteran Member
Asahiflex's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,754
The automatic horizon correction is very old however, the K-7 already had it. But the K-1 appears to have a level overlay in the viewfinder.
02-17-2016, 05:21 AM   #281
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,349
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Just under that lever?
It's probably on the side of the control wheel I can see a camera on there (so the pic is showing the camera in video mode?)

---------- Post added 17-02-16 at 14:24 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
The automatic horizon correction is very old however, the K-7 already had it. But the K-1 appears to have a level overlay in the viewfinder.
Yeah but it can't be calibrated. I had to turn mine of for consequently taking crooked pics. Hopelfully it can be in the FF.
02-17-2016, 06:13 AM   #282
Pentaxian
johnmflores's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somerville, NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,185
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
There is no obvious way to turn on video. Yet a mystery to be solved.
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
There's a lever dedicated to that.
QuoteOriginally posted by deepbluish Quote
Yes there is. There's a lever beneath the adjustment wheel on right side of the camera, next to the prism hump.
QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
Switch on the top dial, not the mode dial, the other one. And then press the shutter button?
Look at the photo of the back of the camera. The lever beneath the ISO/exposure comp wheel can be switched between stills and video. This makes sense. If, for example, you are shooting stills in Aperture Priority and then switch to video, you are still in Aperture a Priority. No more menu diving to set video shooting mode!
02-17-2016, 06:18 AM   #283
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,349
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Look at the photo of the back of the camera. The lever beneath the ISO/exposure comp wheel can be switched between stills and video. This makes sense. If, for example, you are shooting stills in Aperture Priority and then switch to video, you are still in Aperture a Priority. No more menu diving to set video shooting mode!
You must be looking at the back of the K-3. It is on top.
02-17-2016, 06:24 AM   #284
Pentaxian
johnmflores's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somerville, NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,185
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
You must be looking at the back of the K-3. It is on top.
Yes, it is on top. The best way to see it from the above photos is from the rear view.
Attached Images
 
02-17-2016, 06:25 AM   #285
Pentaxian
Not a Number's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 4,261
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
You must be looking at the back of the K-3. It is on top
I think some of the earlier photos showed the video switch on the back. The latest show it on top. Various prototypes no doubt.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af, camera, chance, edges, focus, frame, k-3, lens, lot, pentax news, pentax rumors, selection, smartphone, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good Variety of K-3 Picture Samples jorgitog1 Pentax K-3 2 11-26-2014 08:53 AM
Picture of Pink K-01 prototype JPT Pentax K-01 21 05-31-2014 03:26 AM
Picture of the K-01 Adam Pentax News and Rumors 94 02-03-2012 11:57 PM
Real Picture of blue K-X? safdas Pentax DSLR Discussion 15 12-09-2009 09:40 PM
Picture of the week #85 Oct 18 - Nov 1 2009 Peter Zack Weekly Photo Challenges 41 11-01-2009 02:25 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:41 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top