Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2016, 01:09 AM - 1 Like   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't know about this, nothing seems revolutionary at all at this point, just seems like catch-up.

Happy to be proven otherwise however, but not sure I will be investing. Those who have been waiting for the FF I am sure will be thrilled.

02-13-2016, 01:10 AM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Will this system have Invisible AF points ? Who knows...
33 classic AF points (unless it is another AF tracking system with RGB matrix?) is going to be tough with a 1.5x wider image sensor if this cam is priced at $3K+ , but if priced mid range FF, then I may still buy it. For people using center AF point for photographing concerts (ie.g kenspo), or other people wanting to use their FA glass, 33 points is plenty wide compared to the AF of film cameras (or compared to manual focus...).
02-13-2016, 01:15 AM - 1 Like   #63
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
For people using center AF point for photographing concerts (ie.g kenspo)
Say what? I think you might find live music photography is a little more complicated than that. The subject is not always in the centre you know....
02-13-2016, 01:20 AM - 1 Like   #64
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Say what? I think you might find live music photography is a little more complicated than that. The subject is not always in the centre you know....
You do know the thought about not feeding the mythological nordic creatures.....

02-13-2016, 01:24 AM   #65
Veteran Member

I need just one more picture, with top lcd(?) on
02-13-2016, 01:28 AM   #66
HYS
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WCoastIslanderPhotog Quote
What about the 3rd top dial!!??
Top LCD control ?
02-13-2016, 01:34 AM   #67
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
You do know the thought about not feeding the mythological nordic creatures.....
Yes. I just wasn't sure the antagonist in this case was lurking under a bridge accosting billy goats.

02-13-2016, 01:37 AM   #68
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
You can recompose, since they are running of the scene at 50 mph. I've done concerts, it's easy.
02-13-2016, 01:40 AM   #69
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Zephos Quote
This thing has way more buttons and wheels than the 5DS
We only need green mode

Looks good to me.
02-13-2016, 01:43 AM - 2 Likes   #70
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
OK, I've changed my mind.
02-13-2016, 01:53 AM   #71

Hey,
guys It common now that you see only part of AF point in viewfinder. And for me as k5 user... It will be enough if I have ONE proper point that will work flawless with all my lenses and in all light condition.
I'm mostly amateur (As I love photography) and hobbyist (as I mostly don't have revenues from photos). But my friend great photographer sell his 5DMIII and buy 6D. Great pictures one great AF point and voila
So my only concerns is THE GRIP, it look similar in size as my other friend for Sony A700. Bulky heavy.
02-13-2016, 02:00 AM   #72
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PiotrKrochmal Quote
So my only concerns is THE GRIP, it look similar in size as my other friend for Sony A700. Bulky heavy.
Good point, AF requirements depend on what kind of photography you do, center point is the most used of across all camera brands. Regarding the grip, it's the same, if you are not pro, do you need a grip to get 1600 shots capacity without having to swap batteries? Personally, I don't have any grip, I carry a spare battery which is cheaper, smaller and light weight compared to a grip. So, if you don't need a grip, feel free not to buy it, unless the grip cannot be detached from the camera body (like the D4 or D5), but as I can see on the pictures, the grip can be removed from the K-1 camera body.
02-13-2016, 02:03 AM   #73

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Good point, AF requirements depend on what kind of photography you do, center point is the most used of across all camera brands. Regarding the grip, it's the same, if you are not pro, do you need a grip to get 1600 shots capacity without having to swap batteries? Personally, I don't have any grip, I carry a spare battery.
have both for K5 spare battery and grip. Even when I went to "job" I not taking it as it make whole setup too bulky.
But it is off topic.
In topic:
Biggest issue for me on this pictures is that i don't see on back head detector. It was for sony from A700. So it is on market for about 7 years. Hey, I wan't not to be blinded by back screen and whant to use it!.

Last edited by PiotrKrochmal; 02-13-2016 at 02:06 AM. Reason: adding one thing
02-13-2016, 02:04 AM   #74
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PiotrKrochmal Quote
have both for K5 spare battery and grip. Even when I went to "job" I not taking it as it make whole setup too bulky
yes, that good to have some flexibility.
02-13-2016, 02:25 AM   #75
Pentaxian

Certainly a handsome beast and doesn't look much bigger than the K-3. I'm sure from that full frontal photo it must be possible to calculate the size fairly accurately given that the width of the mount is known.