Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2016, 02:37 AM - 1 Like   #76

no "RICOH" label!! ... nice! : )

02-13-2016, 02:41 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It looks great and strong machine. I don't worry how it works. It will work great iam only worry about the rear lcd how it works.
02-13-2016, 03:03 AM - 1 Like   #78

One more thing: is that new set of connectors in upper part of mount?
02-13-2016, 03:06 AM   #79
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by 2351HD Quote
I don't know about this, nothing seems revolutionary at all at this point, just seems like catch-up..
With so many "gadgetty"things in new cameras this might be the ""basic no frills" dslr so many longed for..

02-13-2016, 03:08 AM - 4 Likes   #80

These pics gave me the biggest pentax boner I've had since I got my 6x7.
02-13-2016, 03:22 AM - 2 Likes   #81
Veteran Member

If they don't let me pick AF points like on OLD Pentax DSLRs (i.e. the four way button thing is ALWAYS linked to focus point selection unless I tell it to, for THE NEXT button press, select WB etc., then I'd rather have 1 AF point. The rest is a waste of money. I don't use automatic AF selection, for 4 years I've been trying to get used to have to switch between AF point mode and WB etc. mode, and I just can't. It irritates the hell out of me.

The only point where I do select AF points is when in Live View. And there the number of AF points just doesn't matter.

This camera does seem to have some sort of video capability, we'll see how good that is going to be. They did keep the mic and headphone jack, which is more intended for serious users. Of course the camera that added this feature also removed others that were useful.

If they can give it the capabilities of the D500 (minus the crop), with activated SR, they could have a winner there that actually pulls over people from other brands. Or better yet a6300 capabilities, however that camera doesn't use a processor that Pentax would use.
02-13-2016, 03:34 AM   #82
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
That is what It looks like to me. the other side has both a mic input and headphones jack!
I saw that too. Hopefully that means a well thought out video system. Headphone jack would mean audio monitoring. Unless it has a built-in MP3 player!

02-13-2016, 03:52 AM - 4 Likes   #83

K-1 and K-3

I combined pictures of K-1 and K-3 and adjusted them according to actual scale - K-1 looks more robust.
Both of them are great
Attached Images

02-13-2016, 03:55 AM   #84
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Certainly a handsome beast and doesn't look much bigger than the K-3. I'm sure from that full frontal photo it must be possible to calculate the size fairly accurately given that the width of the mount is known.
It's certainly possible but it's easier to read the dimensions which have been published : 136.5 x 110 x 85.5mm.

As a comparison K3 is 131 x 100 x 77mm and K10D/K20D were 142 x 101 x 70mm.
02-13-2016, 03:56 AM   #85
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
I don't use automatic AF selection, for 4 years I've been trying to get used to have to switch between AF point mode and WB etc. mode, and I just can't. It irritates the hell out of me.
Same for me. I can't get used to this, it always get in the way when I take photos. I can't get used to some of the things are done with the K-3. K-5 was better.
02-13-2016, 03:58 AM - 6 Likes   #86

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
I wonder where are all that people that said that Pentax could not delivere a great camera at a great competitive price???

This camera is going to rock in every sense... it's a solid, well build, high performance ( for what we know ) camera... and.. at around 2000 euros ( maybe even lower at the US )..

As Kenspo said.. future is bright...
QuoteOriginally posted by fredrious Quote
no "RICOH" label!! ... nice! : )
Gentlemen, in fairness let us remember that Pentax failed as a business. This part (the failure), in my opinion has almost nothing to do with the people in "the factory", the opticians, the whole production crew so to speak and the quality of their products.
It has to do with the aggressive, perverse, manipulative sob you must be today to survive as a company, but that's another story.

But if you have the opportunity to write these lines here, now, it's because of Ricoh. I understand and respect your loyalty to Pentax, i have it too, but let's be fair!
02-13-2016, 04:15 AM   #87
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Penumbra Quote
It has to do with the aggressive, perverse, manipulative sob you must be today to survive as a company, but that's another story.
Well, it depends in which country. Business practices vary from country to country. There are country where corruption is wide spread (usually not the most wealthy countries) and other countries where business and competition are healthy. Running a business is like being an Olympian, you have to have both talent and a bit of luck as well. There is always room for the talented. Of course there are countries where talent has a different definition, but I don't think it is in Japan. In Japan, in general, engineers and business managers work really hard. In fact, some of the most successful aren't corrupted at all, it's the other way around.

QuoteOriginally posted by Penumbra Quote
But if you have the opportunity to write these lines here, now, it's because of Ricoh.
I don't think Ricoh purchased the Pentax camera business unit because they have a good heart ! As usual, they made a deal that they thought made sense for Hoya and Ricoh.
02-13-2016, 04:24 AM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PiotrKrochmal Quote
is that new set of connectors in upper part of mount?
Interesting. There is something behind the mount ring, but it may not be a connector.
02-13-2016, 04:31 AM   #89
Pentaxian

How big is this handsome beast compared to its competitors? I hope it's a lot smaller and lighter.
02-13-2016, 04:36 AM   #90
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Easeman Quote
I combined pictures of K-1 and K-3 and adjusted them according to actual scale - K-1 looks more robust.
Your scaling looks off.

The width of the K-1 is the same in both front and rear views, but the width of the K-3 is not.

It seems like you used the lens mount as a scaling reference, however, note that the focal length used for taking the photo of the camera influences how wide/narrow the body behind the mount will look like. In other words, I don't think your visualisation is accurate.