Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2016, 01:43 AM   #181
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by oldfashioned_aj Quote
but my smartphone doesn't say PENTAX
This is Pentax, not ACME - they aren't obliged to make everything for you.

02-14-2016, 01:45 AM   #182
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
One thing I reckon they could try to make is a high quality inkjet photo printer for black and white
02-14-2016, 01:48 AM   #183
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
There's a quaint little custom in marriage where one party takes on the family name of the other.
In Germany you can have a double name, and many do.

As for detaching the screen... You would need batteries, processors etc. in the screen. It doesn't make sense. However if the camera has WiFi you could have the picture and controls transferred to the phone. I recently got to use a DJI Phantom, and despite it being quite far away the image was streamed to the phone. It worked really well.
02-14-2016, 02:01 AM   #184
OTH

QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
In Germany you can have a double name, and many do.
just the ultra-liberals do so in germany

02-14-2016, 02:05 AM   #185
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OTH Quote
just the ultra-liberals do so in germany
I am confused now. When we call our camera provider Ricoh-Pentax does that mean it is ultra-liberal?
02-14-2016, 03:29 AM   #186

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
obviously i never asked pentax to make anything for me, so they should not be obliged to make it "for me"
02-14-2016, 03:34 AM   #187
Pentaxian

Obviously you were "complaining" that your smartphone doesn't bear the Pentax brand. Put in another way, that you need a 3rd-party product - which most likely you already own - to have that wireless control LCD.
The idea of making the back LCD a wireless device basically means 2 thing:
- duplicating an existing solution
- complicating the back LCD by making it a separate computer - with its own battery, processor, memory and wireless connection.
It would increase the size and the price of the camera while not offering any advantage.

The only advantage is a psychological one, having a "full Pentax" solution. But then, your tripod is not Pentax, your computer is not Pentax and so on.

02-14-2016, 03:48 AM - 1 Like   #188
OTH

But there is something clever if you think vice versa. They could design a camera without back LCD and implementing a smartphone connection that use a smartphone as back LCD instead. That would have a lot of advantages:

a) the camera can be designed much more compact
b) the power consumption of the camera is reduced
c) no scratched back LCD, that usually happens after a couple of time in use !
d) the camera can be sold cheaper, because the costs of the back LCD don't exist
e) the smartphone can be placed free in any position, even far away of the positioned camera
f) they can implement the "touch-pad" function very easy, by using the touch of the smartphone. I'm really no friend of a touch-pad on a camera, because it's just a question of time that the touch gets scatches as an ordinary LCD too. But a scratch at a touch display means immediately that it is broken and must be replaced with a lot of costs even if you don't need it.

P.S.:

g) you could also use a tablet as display, that gives much better impression of the picture and would allow you to edit Raw-Pictures with software at site

Last edited by OTH; 02-14-2016 at 03:59 AM.
02-14-2016, 03:53 AM   #189
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They could design a camera without back LCD
suits me, a basic manual type Dslr, no video,
02-14-2016, 03:59 AM   #190
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

a) the camera can be designed much more compact
b) the power consumption of the camera is reduced
c) no scratched back LCD, that usually happens after a couple of time in use !
d) the camera can be sold cheaper, because the costs of the back LCD don't exist
e) the smartphone can be placed free in any position, even far away of the positioned camera
f) they can implement the "touch-pad" function very easy, by using the touch of the smartphone. I'm really no friend of a touch-pad on a camera, because it's just a question of time that the touch gets scatches as an ordinary LCD too. But a scratch at a touch display means immediately that it is broken and must be replaced with a lot of costs even if you don't need it.
Interesting idea - I can see a few possible downsides - I'm not sure there would be so much power saving - transmitting all that data must be quite power hungry - and things like the electronic spirit level would be very fiddly to implement - I'm sure there are others - just initial reaction
02-14-2016, 04:05 AM - 3 Likes   #191
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
No, this:
Another explanation proposed by sangha31 on Chassimages: these chips could be additional contacts for the new, fully-coupled Pentax 645 → K adapter.

Here below a picture showing the contacts of the Pentax 645 mount:

02-14-2016, 04:13 AM   #192
Veteran Member

Another explanation proposed by sangha31 on Chassimages: these chips could be additional contacts for the new, fully-coupled Pentax 645 → K adapter.

Yes please!!!
02-14-2016, 04:16 AM - 1 Like   #193
Veteran Member

If i understood correctly..bear in mind that i wasn't drooling atm and didn't pay attention..That there will be 2 version of the FF. One with and one without the 645 connectivity. So take this with a pinch of salt since I'm not sure i heard or understood correctly
02-14-2016, 04:19 AM   #194
Pentaxian

Two K-1 versions... LoL... but will those contacts only drive SDM engines or will the adaptor also use screw-driven AF transmission ?
02-14-2016, 04:23 AM   #195
Veteran Member

No idea..i should have paid more attention..lol