Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 166 Likes Search this Thread
02-18-2016, 12:23 PM   #346
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Yes, I meant the 645z. And it seems I am mistaken (looking at the wrong button for one).

It appears the bottom controller button is for Outdoor View Mode - boosts or attenuates the brightness and contrast on the rear LCD screen -

Features2 | PENTAX K-1 | RICOH IMAGING
Pretty cool. The K-1 has a lot of attention to detail. Kudos to the Pentax designers!

02-18-2016, 03:16 PM   #347

There are tilt-shift bellows also:

Novoflex - Tilt-/Shift Bellows

And Hama/Spiratone/Henlock used to make one back in the 80s

The Spriatone gave you camera and lens all the movements of a medium/large format frame camera.
02-19-2016, 08:01 AM   #348
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by EstimatedEyes Quote
Side by side pics of K-1 and K-3 (or any other camera you want) are up at camerasize.com

Compare camera dimensions side by side

Sorry if this is a dupe post
Thanks for the heads up. It annoys me that the K20D (or the K10D) doesn't appear on that page, so I can compare my camera with others. But I see from the specs that the K20D actually is a bit wider than the K-1, but significantly lower.
02-20-2016, 02:04 AM   #349
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tryphon4 Quote
Tilt and shift are different things.
I own two tilt adaptors (a Zoerk MFS to use enlarging lenses, a "Pentacon6 to K" to use Pentacon 6 lenses).

I own neither shift adapters nor shift lenses.
A tilted lens allows to apply the Scheimpflug-Carpentier principle (modify the depth of field) while a shifted lens allows to correct verticals. It is completly different.
Very interesting adaptors IMO but for me the main question is where can I find a lens wide enough without getting broke in the process? Shifting my 4x5 75mm on my Aps cam makes no sense to me.

Of course K1 + Samyang TS is more 'affordable' than ever.

02-20-2016, 06:51 AM   #350
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
Great technique I didn't know about.

Given the pixel shift resolution mode, is there a chance we will get a firmware update that stitches four sensor shifted images into one large one, to simulate a larger sensor? A medium format simulator on K-1? That would be awesome!

How much is max sensor shift in each direction?
From http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/k-1/feature/03.html:

"Maximum compensation range: ±1.5mm (±1mm along the axis of rotation) or ±1°"

The k-3's range is described here Specifications?K-3 | RICOH IMAGING as:

"Adjustment range of ±1.5mm up, down, left or light (1mm when rotated); rotating range of 1 dehree"

The wording is slightly different, notably the units of rotation for the K-1 are now °s now and not "dehrees", which may be an upgrade? You'll still be a good distance from a medium format sized sensor, but an auto shift + stitch would be a nice little feature for when you're just pinched for space.
02-21-2016, 01:19 PM   #351

This just might be my next digital camera. I just LOVE the fact that they included the articulating tilt screen and GPS as well as Wi-Fi.
02-21-2016, 03:27 PM   #352
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thattee Quote
I just LOVE the fact that they included the articulating tilt screen and GPS as well as Wi-Fi.
It takes photos too, I believe.

Welcome to Pentaxforums!

04-09-2016, 05:23 PM   #353

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
You have a long history of complaining about the Ricoh logo, so don't even try to backtrack here.

Your own words from April 2015:
"When I go out with my K-3, I show off against Canon; hey look, it's a Pentax, mine's got SR , not yours ! The thing is I kind of lose face when they see the Ricoh logo at the back of the camera. For Canon, Pentax was still to be taken seriously, but Ricoh as a camera company, not so much. "

Source: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/293644-how-...-enough-2.html

You lamely backtracked there, too, when confronted about it. The funny thing, though, is that your own comment reveals that you are concerned enough about "losing face" to imply that it is a consideration as important as the capabilities of the gear, so your actions here seem pretty much in-character.

If you were from one of the countries where "face" is a great cultural consideration, then I'd chalk it up to that. However, since your profile shows you as Austrian, simple dishonesty seems the likelier explanation here.

As others have stated in this thread, Ricoh quite literally saved a dying Pentax brand from an ignominious demise and has us talking about a FF that (hopefully) will rival the best from the major players at an insanely low price point and is already generating more buzz for the brand than has been seen in years. But god forbid they let people know about it, while still retaining the Pentax marque, which they were under no obligation to do!
Ricoh GR, perhaps?