Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2016, 10:24 AM - 4 Likes   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If Nikon took the D810 and put it in the D750 body while adding 5 stop shake reduction and sold it at the d750 price. I'm pretty sure it would out sell all other nikon full frame cameras.

Just sayin

02-15-2016, 10:26 AM   #62
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
Photometry sensor 86000 pixel RGB sensor
In my opinion, this should be the most interesting news. Everything else is typos or small improvements with marginal value.
How well this RGB sensor works, we will know only after the camera was released and tested...

The next big thing is viewfinder size and some hidden features - add a bright prism, a decent matte screen and improved mirror/shutter control to make a real difference to current Pentax cameras. Such improvements do not show up in spec sheets, but we all know that Canon and Nikon had to improve their hardware a lot to reduce internal vibration for cameras with similar or larger pixel counts.

At the end it is all about details and performance, not about specs.

USB2 is a big nono
Data throughput should be closer to 5 fps or 5.5 fps to match K3ii throughput

Last edited by zapp; 02-15-2016 at 10:40 AM.
02-15-2016, 10:29 AM   #63
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
In my opinion, this should be the most interesting news. Everything else is typos or small improvements with marginal value.
How well this RGB sensor works, we will know only after the camera was released and tested...
There could be more that we don't know yet.
02-15-2016, 10:29 AM   #64

Photos: Gallery
Battery life of only 760 photos? That's not good news. Hope these are just stupid speculations. C'mon people. We waited soooo long for Pentax FF, and we cannot wait 10 days more to find what's this camera's specs are on CP+?

02-15-2016, 10:30 AM   #65
Veteran Member

I hope this has something to do with a smarter Autofocus system.
02-15-2016, 10:33 AM   #66
Pentaxian

Er... the 2013 K-3 already has it.

02-15-2016, 10:34 AM - 4 Likes   #67
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sfkazimierczak Quote
Battery life of only 760 photos?
Funny, I read that and thought "that is pretty amazing" who would ever need 760 FF images from one battery. Odd how the same statement can have a different impact on different people.

And they kept the same Li-90 battery so someone carrying a k-3 and a k-1 (or k-5, k-7, k-01) can carry only one battery type.
02-15-2016, 10:39 AM - 4 Likes   #68
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Funny, I read that and thought "that is pretty amazing" who would ever need 760 FF images from one battery. Odd how the same statement can have a different impact on different people.

And they kept the same Li-90 battery so someone carrying a k-3 and a k-1 (or k-5, k-7, k-01) can carry only one battery type.
Or a 645Z and a K-1 backup.

02-15-2016, 10:41 AM   #69
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Penetrating the pro market at this stage is a near impossibility.
No. Its not. Look at Sony and Fuji. Both are doing very well at the upper end of the market. There is always a market for innovative products.
02-15-2016, 10:42 AM   #70
Veteran Member

How's the 5 axis shake reduction supposed to work? On Sony and Olympus they have OIS lenses which add the extra 2 axes.
02-15-2016, 10:45 AM   #71
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clockworkrat Quote
How's the 5 axis shake reduction supposed to work? On Sony and Olympus they have OIS lenses which add the extra 2 axes.
Olympus has 5 axis in-body. Its not new.
02-15-2016, 10:51 AM   #72
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Er... the 2013 K-3 already has it.
Maybe they forgot to put it into my K3.... well, this sensor is the key for better tracking capabilities and it is not the number of pixels, the algorithm behind is the key. The big news will be behind this module.
02-15-2016, 10:54 AM   #73
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sfkazimierczak Quote
Battery life of only 760 photos? That's not good news.
That's an improvement from K-3's 560 frames; using the same battery.
The fps is decreased, but there's more data to be processed per frame.
02-15-2016, 11:00 AM   #74
Pentaxian

trying to comment at here, but just lacking the strength to be constructive. Great specs. And this seems to be high lights that this distributor of this 'leak' has brought on table.

To me this looks great already! After all you don't know how is those things that was already put in K-3II, will work in this camera. Seems to be really good in low light shooting, panning, night sky, pixel sift...and also for more normal stuff. Let's see! I'm waiting mine to arrive as soon as distributors has one to send to me.
02-15-2016, 11:01 AM   #75
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
That's an improvement from K-3's 560 frames; using the same battery.
The fps is decreased, but there's more data to be processed per frame.
Unlike with the K-3, there's no flash to fire on the K-1. However, this is still better than the K-3 and K-3 II, which are rated to 720 shots without the flash. However, there is still room for improvement; the EOS 5D Mark III gets 950 shots on a charge with a very similar battery. I'd say the image processor is probably the most significant factor—the Real-Time Scene Analysis System requires continuous processing of the image from the RGB metering sensor which can require a significant amount of compute power.