Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2016, 11:02 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
That's an improvement from K-3's 560 frames; using the same battery.
The fps is decreased, but there's more data to be processed per frame.
I think that it is great battery life. My K-3 battery life has not left me cold and died, ever.

02-15-2016, 11:02 AM   #77
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clockworkrat Quote
How's the 5 axis shake reduction supposed to work? On Sony and Olympus they have OIS lenses which add the extra 2 axes.
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Olympus has 5 axis in-body. Its not new.
Not everything has to be new in order to be useful.
02-15-2016, 11:04 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
- The body is magnesium alloy and stainless steel
Not to many cameras out there with SS bodies. There's the Alpha 9 and ... I can't think of any others. That's going to make this body pretty solid.
02-15-2016, 11:08 AM   #79
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
I'm OK with a slow frame rate, but will it really have reliable 5-stop SR? Getting the equivalent of 1/125 when shooting at 1/4?? That's pretty darn good IMHO.
Ricoh increases the SR rating for the K-3 II, but I don't think anyone has proven a difference over the K-3. So maybe, maybe not.. one of those things we'll have to wait and see after some thorough reviews have been released.

That and a thorough listing of how DA lenses perform on this camera body will be something I'm also interested in learning.

02-15-2016, 11:12 AM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Ricoh increases the SR rating for the K-3 II, but I don't think anyone has proven a difference over the K-3. So maybe, maybe not.. one of those things we'll have to wait and see after some thorough reviews have been released.

That and a thorough listing of how DA lenses perform on this camera body will be something I'm also interested in learning.
I suppose we should always notch down one performance level to allow for advertising hyperbole.
02-15-2016, 11:12 AM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
Not to many cameras out there with SS bodies. There's the Alpha 9 and ... I can't think of any others. That's going to make this body pretty solid.
All top flight K series from the K5 have been magnesium on a SS sub chassis.

Only Plastic bodies tend to have cast chassis as SS though cheaper leaves them to flexible.
02-15-2016, 11:25 AM   #82
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
I suppose we should always notch down one performance level to allow for advertising hyperbole.
...or more likely, higher pixel density means that 1/EFL is no longer an accurate estimate of the shutter speed needed to reliably attain pixel-level sharpness when shooting hand-held.

02-15-2016, 11:30 AM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by awaldram Quote
All top flight K series from the K5 have been magnesium on a SS sub chassis.
I thought all Pentax the APS-C bodies had solely magnesium alloy chassis.
02-15-2016, 11:31 AM - 3 Likes   #84

Is it just me, or does the framerate / buffer make you want to go, "Meh" ??
02-15-2016, 11:34 AM   #85
Veteran Member

I thought all Pentax the APS-C bodies had solely magnesium alloy chassis.
It's always been magnesium-alloy body on stainless-steel subframe since the K-7.
02-15-2016, 11:35 AM   #86
Pentaxian

Maybe they mean the struts the articulating screen is supported on. They look stainless steel.
02-15-2016, 11:40 AM - 1 Like   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jswilson64 Quote
as a mainly studio and occasional wedding photographer, I don't really care about the framerate or buffer. I really just want to see a ~2 stop improvement in high ISO noise and much improved tracking auto focus. Those are really my only 2 complaints with the K-3 right now.
02-15-2016, 11:42 AM   #88
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
I think that it is great battery life. My K-3 battery life has not left me cold and died, ever.
Same here. I've gotten over 4000 photos on a pair of batteries. (No flash, but lots of AF-C, SR usage). Battery life on my K-7/K-3 has been fantastic. Never been an issue, even in 6 hour long track meets. Better battery life would be a plus, but no complaints with the current K-3 life.
02-15-2016, 11:42 AM - 2 Likes   #89

QuoteOriginally posted by jswilson64 Quote
yes. but that is why, when you want exciting framerate and buffer, you don't buy a 36 mpix camera.
02-15-2016, 11:44 AM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Funny, I read that and thought "that is pretty amazing" who would ever need 760 FF images from one battery. Odd how the same statement can have a different impact on different people.

And they kept the same Li-90 battery so someone carrying a k-3 and a k-1 (or k-5, k-7, k-01) can carry only one battery type.
To me it is not about how many photos it can take with one battery.... it is the form factor that keeps people happy as the same battery can used on k-01,k-50, k-5, k-3 all the way to 645Z, Battery cell technology can improve over time independent of the camera.