Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 320 Likes Search this Thread
02-16-2016, 04:10 AM   #211
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jaad75 Quote
That's just not true. ISO80 was a true base ISO for the IMX071.
I just went through the tech publications - you're right. Though there are other cameras I work with that pull ISO values ( Leica S2 for instance) that I thought the odd ISO 80 was software pulled.

T.1 for most cheap, regular, voltage controlled strobes at lower settings are longer than 1/200s.
The cheap ones like the Elinchrom D lite yes, but faster units like the BRX and Style RX can be fast, very fast at 1:1

02-16-2016, 04:21 AM   #212
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That's just not true. ISO80 was a true base ISO for the IMX071. No pull down at all. The highest analog gain for that sensor was about ISO1000, so everything up was just a digital "push".
If I have understood this correct The K-5 series have native ISO 80, but its uncalibrated colours. Meaning you risc blowing out one colour channel while the other two are not. In other words less room for white balance adjustments without loosing details in highlights. I don't know how the analogue gain and digital gain contributes, but it seems very linear and seamless up to ISO 1600. From ISO 3200 there is some noise reduction added to the raw files.

Here compared to Nikon D810 (that many assume will perform more or less like the K-1). Note that DXO didn't test the pulled ISO 32.
02-16-2016, 05:36 AM   #213

I wonder if it comes with Manual in the Box as per the K3
02-16-2016, 05:50 AM   #214
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Which tests?
Test Pentax K-3 - U
Test Pentax K-3 II - U
In Polish. Google translate should be good enough. Optyczne.pl = LensTip.
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
And the 3.5 stops for the K-3 are also measured using the CIPA standard.
I thought so too, but I double-checked it and there was no claim about the CIPA standards before.

02-16-2016, 05:53 AM   #215

For real?

Are this specs official/confirmed? If so, I can now finally sell my Pentax Gear and jump the ship to Sony with no regrets
---------- Post added 02-16-16 at 01:54 PM ----------

Last edited by Tom S.; 02-16-2016 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Selling outside the Marketplace
02-16-2016, 05:56 AM - 1 Like   #216
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CarlosK3 Quote
Are this specs official/confirmed? If so, I can now finally sell my Pentax Gear and jump the ship to Sony with no regrets
The specs tell nothing about the real performance of the camera, but please jump ship if you really want to.

Last edited by Tom S.; 02-16-2016 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Quote edited
02-16-2016, 06:07 AM - 1 Like   #217

Are this specs official/confirmed? If so, I can now finally sell my Pentax Gear and jump the ship to Sony with no regrets ---------- Post added 02-16-16 at 01:54 PM ----------
Of course, bye!
Brian

Last edited by Tom S.; 02-16-2016 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Quote edited
02-16-2016, 06:12 AM   #218
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If so, I can now finally sell my Pentax Gear and jump the ship to Sony with no regrets
What's the matter? Not enough megapixels for you?

I echo what Asahiflex has said - there's more to a camera than just the raw numbers. Good luck in Sony land.
02-16-2016, 06:12 AM - 1 Like   #219
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
please jump ship if you really want to.
Preferably into shallow water.
02-16-2016, 06:15 AM - 1 Like   #220
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Preferably into shallow water.
Head first.
02-16-2016, 06:18 AM   #221
Veteran Member

The grass is greener at Sony in some places. But as soon as you step on the grass you might notice some brown patches in other areas.

Last edited by Tom S.; 02-16-2016 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Selling quote removed.
02-16-2016, 06:18 AM - 1 Like   #222
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
The specs tell nothing about the real performance of the camera, but please jump ship if you really want to.
...and don't forget to leave your FA 31mm Limited behind you .
02-16-2016, 06:20 AM   #223
Pentaxian

Are this specs official/confirmed? If so, I can now finally sell my Pentax Gear and jump the ship to Sony with no regrets [COLOR="Silver"]

Please do go. Enjoy your Sony and never come back. Nobody will miss you.

Last edited by Tom S.; 02-16-2016 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Spelling Quote edited
02-16-2016, 06:29 AM - 1 Like   #224

Haha, reading all the comments I might change my mind about the regret part, you're so adorable guys No, to be honest Im sure the camera will be great. And I still love my old K-5's look for photography and the raw is awesome. Couldn't push it nearly as hard on the Sonys Ive used. Just edited an old picture in Photoshop and being able to push 3,5 stops without a problem is incredible! And the noise of the k5 looks way more organic than on the Sonys.
But I make a living of filmmaking and need to have an versatile camera that shoots decent video. Of course, 4k might not yet be the most important thing and the IQ comes first, but the fact that it does not have 4k is a sign for me. I don't think Pentax might have learned how to implement decent video or maybe they don't care and that is okay but sad. The k-5 was a monster back when it was released, even concerning the video. It had MJPG, Mic-In, the best SR on the market (and I would even say it is still the best SR) and the image was pretty good even though it had no full manual control. I don't really get how they once threw so many video features that back then were ahead of their time (especially in the k-7) and now are kind of lacking interest in pushing the video limits in their cameras. I mean, other than Canon or Sony or Panasonic that all have to see how to implement good video without cannibalizing there higher-end more expensive dedicated video cameras Pentax could without any downsides implement beasty video and everyone would profit or at least have no disadvantage. I hope you get my point? They had a ton of time, the video market is big nowadays with everyone owning a stills camera being a filmmaker too and they could easily bring a game changer to the market but they don't. I bet there are many talented people at Pentax/Ricoh but this still does not seem like a good economical choice at all.
02-16-2016, 06:35 AM   #225
Pentaxian

Haha, reading all the comments I might change my mind about the regret part, you're so adorable guys No, to be honest Im sure the camera will be great. And I still love my old K-5's look for photography and the raw is awesome. Couldn't push it nearly as hard on the Sonys Ive used. Just edited an old picture in Photoshop and being able to push 3,5 stops without a problem is incredible! And the noise of the k5 looks way more organic than on the Sonys.
But I make a living of filmmaking and need to have an versatile camera that shoots decent video. Of course, 4k might not yet be the most important thing and the IQ comes first, but the fact that it does not have 4k is a sign for me. I don't think Pentax might have learned how to implement decent video or maybe they don't care and that is okay but sad. The k-5 was a monster back when it was released, even concerning the video. It had MJPG, Mic-In, the best SR on the market (and I would even say it is still the best SR) and the image was pretty good even though it had no full manual control. I don't really get how they once threw so many video features that back then were ahead of their time (especially in the k-7) and now are kind of lacking interest in pushing the video limits in their cameras. I mean, other than Canon or Sony or Panasonic that all have to see how to implement good video without cannibalizing there higher-end more expensive dedicated video cameras Pentax could without any downsides implement beasty video and everyone would profit or at least have no disadvantage.
Pentax could do that and Charge $3000 but they decided against it. Mirrorless is better for video anyway. It is after all mainly a photographers camera. Next one will get 4k for sure because it will be main stream by then.