Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2016, 12:02 PM   #271
Pentaxian

Leica (Maestro), Nikon (Expeed), Pentax (Prime) and Sigma (True) = Socionext Milbeaut.

Canon (Digic) = customised Texas Instruments OMAP.

Panasonic (Venus), Samsung (DRIMe, based on Exynos) and Sony (Bionz) = proprietary products internally developed.

02-16-2016, 12:03 PM   #272
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
DIGIC is Fujitsu too.
No it is not. On Digic 5 and 5+ they worked with Texas Instruments. Datasheets - Magic Lantern Firmware Wiki - Wikia
02-16-2016, 12:05 PM   #273
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
No it is not. On Digic 5 and 5+ they worked with Texas Instruments. Datasheets - Magic Lantern Firmware Wiki - Wikia
See my post above yours.
02-16-2016, 12:31 PM   #274
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
As posted above Fujitsu no longer makes the image processors the business was spun off into a company named Socionext. It is still part of the Panasonic-Fujitsu collaboration.
How can you answer me if I changed my post ?

02-16-2016, 12:34 PM   #275

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
At this time Pentax seems to have conceded leading video to other brands. Aside from the problem with audible IBIS movement noise, whatever unknown software/hardware issues they have, or feature substitutions they have made seem to be made. Endlessly arguing video is free does nothing. If it was 'free' they'd do it.

Either accept it or move on.
What happened with that rumour that Ricoh was about to buy RED?? I believe the source was Kenspo (I don't remember).
02-16-2016, 12:36 PM   #276
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
How can you answer me if I changed my post ?
You didn't change it quick enough or he already quoted before you edited it.
02-16-2016, 01:02 PM   #277
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Maybe I'm nuts but I'd swear I've seen full-frontal pictures of the final product. I assume the prominent K-1 is real.
No you aren't .

02-16-2016, 01:09 PM   #278

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
No you aren't .
Stop putting the pictures on the forum. I don't need one, but I so want one!
Brian
02-16-2016, 01:10 PM   #279
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Enrique S Toso Quote
What happened with that rumour that Ricoh was about to buy RED?? I believe the source was Kenspo (I don't remember).
Indeed kenspo was the one.
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Ricoh is after buying RED..might be a connection here. But i can't confirm, cause no one wants to talk about this bit. So this info is from others..
02-16-2016, 01:27 PM   #280
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Wow, tantalizing possibility. The possibility of marketing RED cameras with new Pentax-branded lenses would go quite a long way toward bringing the brand back to prominence....
Not to mention the equally tantalizing possibility of marketing beautifully anodized and refurbished old Pentax-branded lenses for use on RED cameras

Last edited by NZ_Ross; 02-16-2016 at 03:08 PM. Reason: spelling
02-16-2016, 02:27 PM - 1 Like   #281
Veteran Member

Haven't followed up on this one..will ask them
02-16-2016, 02:31 PM   #282
Veteran Member

Aside from it's slightly faster flash sync speed, I wonder if the K-1 will introduce other flash improvements which would be useful for pros.

An in-built 2.4GHz P-TTL flash controller would be nice. There seems to be room in the K-1 hump for that. Plus a new flash to support RF wireless P-TTL. Or a new wireless receiver to allow control of existing P-TTL flashes.
02-16-2016, 03:03 PM   #283
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
An in-built 2.4GHz P-TTL flash controller would be nice. There seems to be room in the K-1 hump for that. Plus a new flash to support RF wireless P-TTL. Or a new wireless receiver to allow control of existing P-TTL flashes.
I've been hoping for that sort of thing ever since the K-3ii caused so much commotion because of its lack of an OBF. (I'm also hoping that new prism housing is placed on all new Pentax DSLR's to provide a unique visual identity for the brand - and it would be nice for the contents to also be propagated down the line)
02-16-2016, 03:13 PM   #284
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I dream of this! Not only in K-1, but in K-3 successor as well... Support for RF TTL flash control, even in its most basic form, is the only thing that sometime makes me want a Nikon or Canon.
02-16-2016, 03:28 PM   #285
Imp
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Originally posted by Enrique S Toso Quote What happened with that rumour that Ricoh was about to buy RED?? I believe the source was Kenspo (I don't remember). Indeed kenspo was the one. QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote Ricoh is after buying RED..might be a connection here. But i can't confirm, cause no one wants to talk about this bit. So this info is from others..
Oh please please please please please!

If pentax had good video, oh my goodness. I know it doesn't matter to a lot of people here, but video is a big part of what I enjoy doing. I use a Canon G30 for video, because I can't stand using the Pentax - but under good, carefully controlled conditions the pentax is fine. I don't have any desire to get the FF, but it had really good video from collaboration with RED, that would easily change. And, hopefully, more 3rd party Rokinon cine lens support.

Last edited by Imp; 02-16-2016 at 03:46 PM.