Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2016, 05:41 AM   #346
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
What of the men with indifferent, or malicious will*?
They can rot in Hell, I guess...

*sigh* No uncrippled mount (though they did restore functionality for power zoom...), no restoration of full flash TTL, no ISO below 100? There goes the "Gotta have it now!!!" factor. (My bank balance will be thankful for a while.)

It will replace my K-5 when the K-5 has been worked to death... but it will still be one hell of a replacement! Enjoy, early adopters - wring the hell out of it and tell us all what it's like!

02-17-2016, 05:41 AM   #347
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I think just detection of moving subjects and using the reference shot to edit out motion artefacts.
or switch to a different blending mode for the frames with movement.
02-17-2016, 05:42 AM   #348

contrasted with the need for the camera to be bolted to a tripod when using pixel shift.
It's not a shame to use a tripod. Actually most landscape photographers use them.
02-17-2016, 05:42 AM   #349
Pentaxian

I think they mean that those are the features that you can set on the camera when a flash is on the shoe - instead of having to set the mode on the flash.
In the K-3 II specs the use of an external flash is explicitly required for wireless sync. It is not in these specs. Just for contrast control and HSS.

02-17-2016, 05:42 AM   #350
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
It means Pixel Shift while hand held AND Pixel Shift on a moving subject like leaves on trees or clouds.
If this really works well, it will be a game-changer for many. Or a jaw-dropper, as kenspo put it
02-17-2016, 05:42 AM   #351
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
Is that -3EV on all points???? If so that is a big wow
K-5II had that already.
02-17-2016, 05:44 AM   #352

well that certainly explains that, Though It won't be of much help when a lens is mounted....especially if it is AW/WR.
An "angel eye" light up ring around the entire mount would make more sense to me. It could be red or blue and not tax your night adapted vision. The card slots could also be so outlined. Much in the same manner that some of the buttons are highlighted on the K-S1 and K-S2.

02-17-2016, 05:45 AM   #353
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I think just detection of moving subjects and using the reference shot to edit out motion artefacts. I don't think the in camera hdr alignment is good enough to merge pixelperfect images. Unless that has been corrected ofcourse.
We'll know soon enough, for sure. Maybe this is the jaw-dropping advancement no other dSLR has that kenspo keeps talking about

Sidebar I'm pretty surprised there are only four or five people posting. One EU, one Aus. One or two NA.
02-17-2016, 05:49 AM   #354
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NoRules Quote
It's not a shame to use a tripod. Actually most landscape photographers use them.
I never said it was a shame to use a tripod, I use them myself especially in the studio. I was pointing out that it was pretty much impossible to use pixel-shift without a tripod.
02-17-2016, 05:51 AM   #355
Pentaxian

I was pointing out that it was pretty much impossible to use pixel-shift without a tripod.
Depending on how you read these specs, those days may be over. But I think we should wait until the official release for that.
02-17-2016, 05:56 AM   #356
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We'll know soon enough, for sure. Maybe this is the jaw-dropping advancement no other dSLR has that kenspo keeps talking about

Sidebar I'm pretty surprised there are only four or five people posting. One EU, one Aus. One or two NA.
What, Finland isn't considered an EU country?

Just kidding
02-17-2016, 05:59 AM   #357
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rorschach Quote
What, Finland isn't considered an EU country?

Just kidding
Heh. I think you posted while I was composing. I stand corrected People need to take FF Forum off their Ignore Lists.
02-17-2016, 06:01 AM   #358
Veteran Member

Sidebar I'm pretty surprised there are only four or five people posting.
It's a long list of specs to read through...

Wim
02-17-2016, 06:02 AM - 1 Like   #359
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Yes. But it's optional [High/Low/Off].

Seems kind of weird, except for the control button illumination.
Lens mount lights might double as a ring light for body cap pinhole photography. I think we may have found that jaw-dropping feature
02-17-2016, 06:09 AM   #360
Veteran Member

I got those specs from at least 5 different sources, I'm stuffed with it and don't feel like reacting before knowing more. I was expecting the 15-30 to be a bit less pricey so I have to fight against myself to respect my initial budget and not to buy it.