Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2016, 06:09 AM   #361
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jaad75 Quote
K-5II had that already.
It didnt have -3EV AF on 33 points. 1-3 as far as I remember

EDIT: maybe K-5II did have -3EV on all points...I thought it was just the center

Last edited by Deimos; 02-17-2016 at 06:15 AM.
02-17-2016, 06:18 AM   #362

What other exciting new features did they copy off the ground breaking ks-1? Typing this on my illuminated keyboard, I refuse to go back. Illuminated buttons although not necessary is a super cool feature! I mean, couple weeks in you should be able to use it without having to look at the buttons but still. Super excited about the pixel shift stuff too. I reaaaally wanna play with that. The results are simply above every other bayer sensor out there. Getting a GRGB reading for every pixel does more then just combining rando' frames imo!
02-17-2016, 06:24 AM   #363
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow creeps in this petty pace
02-17-2016, 06:25 AM   #364
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I sue them myself especially in the studio.
I bet they performed better after that.

02-17-2016, 06:34 AM - 5 Likes   #365
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I bet they performed better after that.
At least it wasn't a paternity suit, I know one photographer who had an excellent solid metal tripod but he had an affair with a carbon fiber tripod....that got really messy, I'll put it this way: It was the last time that tripod spread its legs for anyone.
02-17-2016, 06:41 AM - 2 Likes   #366
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Ok so the ISO range is 100-204K in standard (leaves room for expanded perhaps?)
APSC output is 15Mp (more than usable)
Viewfinder overlay!!! - AF Points, Grid Display, Electronic Level, AF Frame, Spot Metering Frame and Crop - This is a biggie for an OVF I think, One of the Jaw drops?
Star Stream in the Shot mode selection? - Using the Astro thingy
Wireless lan supports G/N, 11 channels, should be nippy enough

This is one seriously sorted camera for the typical Pentaxian hankering for FF. Jun Hirakawa gave me a like on FB for saying that the first lens I would mount is the FA43/1.9 and I would do the Singles in Challenge for a month - I'm still in shock.

---------- Post added 02-17-16 at 01:46 PM ----------

At least it wasn't a paternity suit, I know one photographer who had an excellent solid metal tripod but he had an affair with a carbon fiber tripod....that got really messy, I'll put it this way: It was the last time that tripod spread its legs for anyone.
Tell him to watch out for carbon fiber shavings...

Last edited by robbiec; 02-17-2016 at 07:01 AM.
02-17-2016, 06:46 AM   #367
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the overlay also can display AF points too.

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
so the ISO range is 100-204K in standard (leaves room for expanded perhaps?)
yes, for the love of god let there be an expanded low ISO 32/50/64/76/80 setting.

02-17-2016, 06:47 AM   #368
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Star Stream in the Shot mode selection? - Using the Astro thingy
I havn´t read the spec-sheets, I wait for those a few more hours to read them from Ricoh, but is this feature mentioned? And does this one mean "live bulb" or is it just a nice name for "bulb"?
02-17-2016, 06:51 AM   #369
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LilithBaerchen Quote
I havn´t read the spec-sheets, I wait for those a few more hours to read them from Ricoh, but is this feature mentioned? And does this one mean "live bulb" or is it just a nice name for "bulb"?

"Live bulbs" are the ones you plant in the Fall when hoping for Spring tulips.
02-17-2016, 06:55 AM   #370
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
Given the hardware is relatively bug free and the AF works well, (with good results from the sensor) I think this is a good start for the FF Pentax line

I would like them to produce a cheaper model without all the not needed rubbish like gps, wifi, hdmi, video and the like. A good basic but solid working Stills FF, maybe 20mp, faster frame rate, over all less bells and whistles, this i think would sell like hot cakes.
Nikon thought the same thing but the DF has not been such a big hit
02-17-2016, 06:57 AM   #371
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hangman43 Quote
Too many fu^&ing dials to turn. It turns out the hipsters and the wannabe pros got very confused very quickly and there was no green button to save them
02-17-2016, 07:10 AM   #372
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The DF is a bit of a monstrosity. I wouldn't write off the entire idea just because Nikon flubbed it.

IMHO the whole point of an interchangeable lens camera, and especially of a DSLR, is versatility. People with a wide range of needs can improvise different ways of using it for different tasks. If you want to go on a nostalgia trip, you should be able to take a K-1 and swap in a split-prism focusing screen, set the dial on aperture priority, grab yourself a bag of manual-focus primes (old or new), and get it to do exactly what you want to do. Yes, there will be a lot of high-tech features in the camera that you aren't using, but. . . It's perhaps cheaper to produce a single, full-featured, versatile model for everybody in large volumes, rather than design and build a specialized "retro" camera that would only sell in small numbers.

If Pentax does produce a cheaper variant of the K-1, it'll more likely be the same "platform" with some things left out, rather than restyled with different controls and made retro-looking. Sort of like they did with the K-500. That would be the more economically efficient approach.
02-17-2016, 07:10 AM   #373
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

An image of the metal shell fitted with the steel substructure of the camera has surfaced. The K-1 is going to be a SOLID camera:
Attached Images

02-17-2016, 07:12 AM - 1 Like   #374
Pentaxian

What Nikon did was to produce a more expensive retro styled and simplified camera.
02-17-2016, 07:13 AM   #375
Site Supporter

An image of the metal shell fitted with the steel substructure of the camera has surfaced:
There is more than that on this page:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/313857-picture-k-1-a-18.html