Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2016, 08:05 AM   #391
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Its all gonna be out in just hours
Hours, you say hours as if you talk about minutes...

If everything would have been as planned, I would be on my way to shoot a concert and the time would have gone by in a blink of an eye - just perfect to endure the mental pain of waiting for the official announcement from Ricoh. But NO, some management of a band, which just won the "Metal Grammy" thought I´m not worth shooting the band and just told me the day of the concert (location has agreed weeks ago) Now tell me how should I wait HOURS for the official specs of the K1 with nothing to do?

I don´t even want to think about waiting to get the pre-ordered K1 + no rumors to shorten the time anymore left in "just hours"

02-17-2016, 08:30 AM   #392
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
It didnt have -3EV AF on 33 points. 1-3 as far as I remember

EDIT: maybe K-5II did have -3EV on all points...I thought it was just the center
It had 1 point with 2.8 precision (the K-3 had 3 just like the K-1) but all of them had -3EV sensitivity. Those are two different things.
02-17-2016, 08:37 AM   #393
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Yeah but the top plate? Plastic for GPS and Wifi sake?
It's metal then the antennas and then plastic. That's explaining the prism housing looking so big.
02-17-2016, 08:42 AM   #394
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It is still remarkable they were able to cram all those electronic components into such a small space and still use such a large pentaprism. In the pentaprism area alone there is the metering system,GPS WIFI circuits and antennae, LCD data panel, forward LED AF illuminator array.

02-17-2016, 08:46 AM   #395
Pentaxian

Yep, and i will add that unless you need 4K, the video capabilities have been quite significantly improved : ext. stereo mic jack + int. stereo mic.
I am sure that we also will be surprised with contrast AF performance...
02-17-2016, 08:48 AM   #396
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I'll get back to you on that

On closer inspection it probably is metal. Just de pentaprism housing plastic. Look at the sides of the lcd screen lay in:
I believe the entire top is plastic. Otherwise they would have shown the metal part in the stripped down photo, and it seems as if the top is in one piece. I haven’t seen any lines suggesting otherwise.

Also doesn’t it look kind of weird around the top lcd screen? As if the top glass I missing.
02-17-2016, 08:49 AM   #397
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Yep, and i will add that unless you need 4K, the video capabilities have been quite significantly improved : ext. stereo mic jack + int. stereo mic.
I am sure that we also will be surprised with contrast AF performance...
Higher bitrate? Good video quality? That's what matters, to me, more than video AF, in camera aperture during recording, video button, etc. Maybe a clean HDMI external out. Good video and clean out. That's all I need.

02-17-2016, 09:28 AM   #398
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

IIRC The external shells are always a combination of polycarbonate and metal. It's the frame and internal sheall that matter. Besides, the bey're not showing the top plate at all in the stripped photos.
02-17-2016, 09:41 AM   #399
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
IIRC The external shells are always a combination of polycarbonate and metal. It's the frame and internal sheall that matter. Besides, the bey're not showing the top plate at all in the stripped photos.
The K-5 had a plastic back side, but the K-3 is metal all around (the popup flash excluded.)
02-17-2016, 09:46 AM   #400
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
. . . (the popup flash excluded.)
Well there ya go. Maybe the rest of the top plate is metal.
02-17-2016, 10:02 AM   #401

QuoteOriginally posted by Rorschach Quote
What, Finland isn't considered an EU country?

Just kidding
As well as outrageously good hockey players...
02-17-2016, 10:05 AM   #402
Veteran Member

I believe the entire top is plastic. Otherwise they would have shown the metal part in the stripped down photo, and it seems as if the top is in one piece. I haven’t seen any lines suggesting otherwise.
I'm pretty sure I saw such picture but can find it now.
02-17-2016, 10:13 AM   #403
Pentaxian

The K-5 had a plastic back side, but the K-3 is metal all around (the popup flash excluded.)
The latest set of pictures https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/314198-more-new-k-1...ml#post3533780 gives a good view IMHO.
02-17-2016, 10:18 AM   #404
Pentaxian

It really looks like collective hysteria over here. Are you going crazy with this Pentax full frame ?
02-17-2016, 10:18 AM - 2 Likes   #405
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DoubtingThomas Quote
As well as outrageously good hockey players...
Thanks! It used to be goalies mostly but now our junior program has started to churn out pretty promising dmen and forwards too (R. Ristolainen in Buffalo, S. Vatanen in Anaheim, O. Määttä in Pitsburgh and the yet undrafted P. Laine & J. Puljujärvi).

I used to live in Toronto for a couple years so I got to see a couple NHL games...and I was there to see the World Cup of Hockey semis and final in 2004, in person