Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 320 Likes Search this Thread
02-18-2016, 05:44 PM   #601

ISO range

Upon reading the the max ISO value I had a brief albeit intense 1.21 jigawatts moment.

02-18-2016, 05:49 PM   #602
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
I think the specs should pretty much make most people happy. I'm not one of the "got to have a FF" group and as all the speculation has gone on, I pretty much had decided that the FF wasn't likely to end up in my camera collection anytime soon as I assumed it would be out of reach. The price is a pleasant surprise! It's affordable but I will need a new hard drive for those huge 36MP files. The physical size looks good too. It's not a neck breaking monster.

My K5 is going on 5 years old and a new body isn't far off. I'll give this one a serious look but the fact remains that my photography benefits using an aps-c sensor. Decisions, decisions........
K-1 will give you similarish MP count in crop mode as your trusty K-5 but have all the nifty goodies included that you don't have with your dusty K-5.

THAT SAID K-3s are cheap these days.. really cheap. One third of the cost actually.. you could get multiple K-3s and have a K-3 party instead of a party of 1 with the K-1. That would be a sad party.
02-18-2016, 06:10 PM   #603
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I don't own any Olympus,Panasonic,Sony,Bronica or Mamiya equipment.
I don't think I've ever been in a position where it would be easier to say which brands I don't own as opposed to those I do. Must be quite a feeling

(Actually that's not quite true, as I used to have quite a watch collection...)
02-18-2016, 06:50 PM   #604
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote

(Actually that's not quite true, as I used to have quite a watch collection...)
I'm glad the police finally caught up with you, Bxf.

I think you bumped into me at Gare du Nord, and my Seiko was gone afterwards!

02-18-2016, 06:57 PM   #605
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Any news about 645 lens compatability?
02-18-2016, 07:15 PM   #606

QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
Any news about 645 lens compatability?
Doesn't look like 645 support is going to be any different than it is with the existing DSLRs with the appropriate adapter. The "contacts" inside the mount that some speculated as contacts for an advanced 645 adapter look to me to be the latch for holding in the focus screen. Which is odd since the Ricoh website states the screen is fixed to the body and not interchangeable.
02-18-2016, 07:19 PM - 1 Like   #607
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I'm glad the police finally caught up with you, Bxf.

I think you bumped into me at Gare du Nord, and my Seiko was gone afterwards!
Which date?

No wait, it wouldn't have been me. If it wasn't Swiss, it wouldn't have gone in my collection.

02-18-2016, 08:17 PM   #608
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
Which date?

No wait, it wouldn't have been me. If it wasn't Swiss, it wouldn't have gone in my collection.
Gotta like a thief with taste and discretion. :-)
02-18-2016, 08:57 PM   #609
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jerry_K Quote
Upon reading the the max ISO value I had a brief albeit intense 1.21 jigawatts moment.
I don't know if it has sunk in for the people who are scared to go over ISO 1600. Same specifications as the 645Z, except with a faster framerate and action-oriented AF. It will be possible to take pictures with the K-1 that you can't take with a D810 (similar DR, but nowhere near the same low-light sensitivity) or a 5DMkIII (H2 expanded ISO is within a stop, but DR is nothing to get excited about).
02-18-2016, 09:36 PM   #610
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
That would be a sad party.
Don't dismiss self partying so readily....... no need to share your booze....... with about the same chance of picking up someone (for me anyhow)...... and nobody taking photos or videos to cringe at the next day.
02-18-2016, 09:37 PM   #611
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
I don't know if it has sunk in for the people who are scared to go over ISO 1600.
I'm afraid to go over ISO 400................
02-18-2016, 09:44 PM - 1 Like   #612
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Don't dismiss self partying so readily....... no need to share your booze....... with about the same chance of picking up someone (for me anyhow)...... and nobody taking photos or videos to cringe at the next day.
I'll happily join you in Goolwa for a full frame party Noel. You can be assured of my absolute discretion
02-18-2016, 09:48 PM   #613
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I'll happily join you in Goolwa for a full frame party Noel. You can be assured of my absolute discretion
Have you ordered one yet? Some have contacted kennedy direct I hear....was thinking of doing that but I did't want to encourage them to set a to high a price.

No need for discretion..... Anna knows what I'm doing well before me!

PS... of course you will be invited.....in your capacity as the official wine supplier to the K1 party.

Last edited by noelpolar; 02-18-2016 at 09:54 PM.
02-18-2016, 09:52 PM   #614
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Have you ordered one yet? Some have contacted kennedy direct I hear.
Not yet. A direct approach may be the go, but I'll give CRK a week or so to get up and running with a pre-sale. The camera won't get here before April anyway.
QuoteQuote:
No need for discretion..... Anna knows what I'm doing well before me!
Likewise. Joan is fully aware
02-18-2016, 10:23 PM   #615
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Send me a ticket, and I'll be happy to join both of you and bring plenty of American liquor. It's been over 10 years now since I've last been in Oz, so I figure I'm about due
You're on!