Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 320 Likes Search this Thread
02-21-2016, 12:24 PM   #676
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stillshot2 Quote
So you cannot takes photos in RAW using the entire sensor at the smaller 15mp size?
From rgknief60's specification link ... RAW: (15M:4800x3200) - so smaller raw files size for the dedicated APSC crop file.

02-21-2016, 12:30 PM   #677
Inactive Account

can somebody confirm no mechanical sr in video? for me it's a real bummer...i didn't expect the best video feature, the 4k, the xxx fps...but come on pentax!!! sometimes pentad makes me crazy,shooting in his foot for something the k7 could do...5 axes for video makes a big difference, see some olympus samples...why not allow ? i imagine has something to do with warming sensor or i don't know other serious problem. i really expected this feature.
02-21-2016, 12:33 PM   #678
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jonny1986 Quote
can somebody confirm no mechanical sr in video? for me it's a real bummer...i didn't expect the best video feature, the 4k, the xxx fps...but come on pentax!!! sometimes pentad makes me crazy,shooting in his foot for something the k7 could do...5 axes for video makes a big difference, see some olympus samples...why not allow ? i imagine has something to do with warming sensor or i don't know other serious problem. i really expected this feature.
Well only from things I read. No mechanical SR for video. Not since K-5 series anymore. So probably also not using the full with of the sensor in video, but we will see when someone pays attention to these details.
02-21-2016, 03:24 PM   #679

From the specs on the Pentax website "During Live View shooting, this mechanism does not compensate for camera shake caused by horizontally and vertical shift"
So in Live View its only partial SR

02-21-2016, 03:33 PM   #680
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Has someone already posted "shipping in April?"
02-21-2016, 05:12 PM   #681
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
From rgknief60's specification link ... RAW: (15M:4800x3200) - so smaller raw files size for the dedicated APSC crop file.

Oh, if you crop? Sure.

I don't think it speeds up the camera - it would probably be casting away the outer pixels after taken, but yep, it's less for your computer to deal with afterwards.
02-22-2016, 04:34 AM   #682
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Has someone already posted "shipping in April?"
I think yes, but depending on seller/countries it will be from 5th to 30th afaik.

02-22-2016, 05:13 AM   #683
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well only from things I read. No mechanical SR for video. Not since K-5 series anymore. So probably also not using the full with of the sensor in video, but we will see when someone pays attention to these details.
yes sure, but for me is a mystery why they not implemented this for video, probably mirror problem? i don't know my m,7 had it and it was so good to have stabilized video, partially avoiding a rig, not totally...anyway planned to buy a camera for video also to use with pentax lenses, maybe a sony a7, even if i dislike as hell sony.
02-22-2016, 06:22 AM   #684
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
I think yes, but depending on seller/countries it will be from 5th to 30th afaik.
That's not clear.
Ricoh says 25th or 30th on the french site but my pre-order at Images Photo says April first week.
02-22-2016, 06:47 AM - 1 Like   #685
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We need a new thread for "When will my K1 be delivered?" We need a calendar days countdown followed by an hours to go for UPS or FedEx to arrive. We need speculation on whether the batteries will arrive charged so we can start using immediately, or if they'll need hours on the AC. So many frustrations.
02-22-2016, 06:59 AM   #686
Veteran Member

We already have batteries at least.
02-22-2016, 07:03 AM   #687
Veteran Member

yes sure, but for me is a mystery why they not implemented this for video, probably mirror problem? i don't know my m,7 had it and it was so good to have stabilized video, partially avoiding a rig, not totally...anyway planned to buy a camera for video also to use with pentax lenses, maybe a sony a7, even if i dislike as hell sony.
Was there not complaints with the SR being able to be heard while recording video when they had it
02-22-2016, 07:07 AM   #688
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Glorfindelrb Quote
We already have batteries at least.
RIGHT! Thanks for reminding me that I won't need different batteries and yet another charger. There's a cartoon of a man showing his son a room lined with shelves all of which are covered by wires with little black boxes at one end. "Someday son, all of these obsolete AC adapters will be yours."
02-22-2016, 07:08 AM   #689
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
We need a new thread for "When will my K1 be delivered?" We need a calendar days countdown followed by an hours to go for UPS or FedEx to arrive. We need speculation on whether the batteries will arrive charged so we can start using immediately, or if they'll need hours on the AC. So many frustrations.
Probably so
02-22-2016, 07:21 AM   #690
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hangman43 Quote
Was there not complaints with the SR being able to be heard while recording video when they had it
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Probably so
Yes. i've always thought that is the real reason Pentax hasn't invested more in video in the dSLR's