Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2016, 08:46 AM   #46
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,254
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Digital Camera Info updated their information:

1. Prices

HD Pentax-D FA 15-30mm f/2.8 ED SDM WR

RRP 216,000 (≈ $1,749 / €1,899 / 1,449), estimated street price (discounters) 194,000 (≈ $1,549 / €1,699 / 1,299)

HD PENTAX D FA 28-105mm f/3.5-5.6 ED DC WR

RRP 97,200 (≈ $799 / €849 / 649), estimated street price 70,000 (≈ $549 / €599 / 449)

2. Specifications (those added are in bold)

HD Pentax-D FA 15-30mm f/2.8 ED SDM WR


I have updated the first message accordingly.
It seems to me - no need to convert into EURO and USD.

---------- Post added 02-16-2016 at 08:51 AM ----------

28-105 is not big and not heavy for FF lens.


Last edited by ogl; 02-16-2016 at 09:46 AM.
02-16-2016, 08:52 AM   #47
Pentaxian
gazonk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oslo area, Norway
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,512
QuoteOriginally posted by Sinister Quote
so the K1 and 15-30mm is roughly 2kg together
On the other hand - the 28-105 is only 440g?! That's less than e.g. the 16-85 or the 17-70, just a little more than the 16-45.
02-16-2016, 08:53 AM   #48
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,349
The DFA 24-70 is currently $1296,- in the US and €1249 in Europe dollar/euro ratio should be about the same on the new lenses.
02-16-2016, 08:56 AM   #49
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austria
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 260
*coughcough* that 15-30 is not too cheap. I'd rather have a f/4 or better f/5.6 if image quality stays the same. No need for me for f/2.8 on such an UW lens, just too much to carry and too much of the expensive glass.

02-16-2016, 10:46 AM   #50
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 322
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Again from Digital Camera Info

HD PENTAX-D FA 28-105mm f/3.5-5.6 ED DC WR

- HD coating
- Optical formula: 15 elements (including 2 aspherical elements, 1 ED element and 1 made of glass with anomalous dispersion) in 11 groups
- Quick Shift focus
- Minimum focusing distance: 0.5m
- Maximum magnification: 0.22x
- Filter size: 62mm
- Number of aperture blades: 9
- Drip-proof (WR)
- Super Protect coating on the outer surface of the front element
- DC motor
- Total length: 86.5mm
- Maximum diameter: 73mm
- Weight: 440g
- RRP: 97,200; estimated street price: 70,000
I hope that lens is not also based on Tamron lens like this one SMC Pentax-FA 28-105mm F4-5.6 [IF] Reviews - FA Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
Specs looks very similar to me.
ED element probably changed formula a little bit, focus ring is on the other side and body materials+motor made it a little bit heavier and longer but overall it looks similar to me.
Can't wait to see optical formula of a new 28-105 lens.

Last edited by banep; 02-16-2016 at 10:57 AM.
02-16-2016, 11:50 AM   #51
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,349
QuoteOriginally posted by banep Quote
I hope that lens is not also based on Tamron lens like this one SMC Pentax-FA 28-105mm F4-5.6 [IF] Reviews - FA Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
Specs looks very similar to me.
ED element probably changed formula a little bit, focus ring is on the other side and body materials+motor made it a little bit heavier and longer but overall it looks similar to me.
Can't wait to see optical formula of a new 28-105 lens.
I don't think Pentax could get away with interesting flares like this:
02-16-2016, 12:36 PM   #52
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,254
QuoteOriginally posted by banep Quote
I hope that lens is not also based on Tamron lens like this one SMC Pentax-FA 28-105mm F4-5.6 [IF] Reviews - FA Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
Specs looks very similar to me.
ED element probably changed formula a little bit, focus ring is on the other side and body materials+motor made it a little bit heavier and longer but overall it looks similar to me.
Can't wait to see optical formula of a new 28-105 lens.
Specs are different. It's absolutely silly to remake the lens of 1992 for modern digital FF camera in 2016. IMO

Diameter of body and number of blade are two similarities.
02-16-2016, 01:25 PM   #53
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 322
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Specs are different. It's absolutely silly to remake the lens of 1992 for modern digital FF camera in 2016. IMO

Diameter of body and number of blade are two similarities.
I also don't like the idea but there are a lot of similarities.
15 elements in 11 groups vs 15 elements in 12 groups is not a big difference, could be because of ed glass.
Proportions and weight are very similar, lens hood and filter thread is identical, same minimum focus distance.
Minimum apperture at wide end is different but could be because of ed element.

---------- Post added 02-16-16 at 09:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I don't think Pentax could get away with interesting flares like this:
New elements "2 aspherical elements, 1 ED element and 1 made of glass with anomalous dispersion" could fix that problem and a few other things. New lens is obviously different because of those new elements and some other body changes but I still think that new lens could be based on SMC Pentax-FA 28-105mm F4.5-5.6 IF.
of28-105mm F4.5-5.6 IF.

02-16-2016, 02:21 PM   #54
Veteran Member
awaldram's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hampshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 720
There is very few ways you can design a lens that has a fast aperture and low distortion.

Any 28-105 lens will have a very similar lens grouping and design

What makes a difference is the T-stop which is effected by the number of surfaces and the light transference of each lens group

This is why two identical focal lengths and F stop can have very different exposure solutions for the same sensitivity.

Besides being similar to the old Pentax it will also be similar to the the Nikor 28-105 f3.5-4.5 it is pointless hypothesising .

The lens is a cheap kit lens and will behave as such.
02-16-2016, 03:14 PM   #55
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 292
QuoteOriginally posted by zmohie Quote
Is the original tamron WR. ?
Even it is a rebadged lens it was a dream for pentaxians to be available for k mount .now it is Pentax dfa with HD coat.

Note that Jin Hirakawa himself designed these lenses. So really, these are kinda Pentax lenses in a way of thinking

https://www.facebook.com/groups/171434133190290/
02-16-2016, 10:15 PM   #56
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,254
QuoteOriginally posted by banep Quote
I also don't like the idea but there are a lot of similarities.
15 elements in 11 groups vs 15 elements in 12 groups is not a big difference, could be because of ed glass.
Proportions and weight are very similar, lens hood and filter thread is identical, same minimum focus distance.
Minimum apperture at wide end is different but could be because of ed element.[COLOR="Silver"]
.
You are wrong, sorry

FA 28-105/4-5.6
13 elements in 11 groups

---------- Post added 02-16-2016 at 10:20 PM ----------

Maximum magnification 0.22X
Maximum magnification 0.36X

Filter size: 62mm
Filter size: 58mm

Total length: 86.5mm
Total length: 96.0mm

Minimum Focusing Distance 0.5 m
Minimum Focusing Distance 0.43 m


And one lens is f3.5 and other is f4.0 at wide angle.

With your method of manipulation of facts it's easy to say that any 28-105 lens is made based on any other 28-105.

"Different optical scheme - no problem. they just added new elements."

If they added NEW elements it means it's ANOTHER optical scheme and it's ANOTHER lens.

Last edited by ogl; 02-16-2016 at 10:25 PM.
02-16-2016, 10:33 PM - 1 Like   #57
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 3,003
Original Poster
U.S. prices of the two new lenses:
  • HD Pentax-D FA 15-30mm f/2.8 ED SDM WR lens: $1449.95
  • HD Pentax-D FA 28-105mm f/3.5-5.6 ED DC WR lens: $499.95
Source: Pentax K-1 US price rumored to be $1,799 | Pentax Rumors
02-17-2016, 12:23 AM   #58
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 322
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
You are wrong, sorry

FA 28-105/4-5.6
13 elements in 11 groups

---------- Post added 02-16-2016 at 10:20 PM ----------

Maximum magnification 0.22X
Maximum magnification 0.36X

Filter size: 62mm
Filter size: 58mm

Total length: 86.5mm
Total length: 96.0mm

Minimum Focusing Distance 0.5 m
Minimum Focusing Distance 0.43 m


And one lens is f3.5 and other is f4.0 at wide angle.

With your method of manipulation of facts it's easy to say that any 28-105 lens is made based on any other 28-105.

"Different optical scheme - no problem. they just added new elements."

If they added NEW elements it means it's ANOTHER optical scheme and it's ANOTHER lens.
I'm not talking about that lens with power zoom, it has a different formula and different proportions.I'm talking about FA 28-105 f/4.5-5.6 lens. Check link in my first comment. Btw that 28-105 with power zoom is the best Pentax 28-105 budget lens so far.
02-17-2016, 06:23 AM   #59
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,254
QuoteOriginally posted by banep Quote
I'm not talking about that lens with power zoom, it has a different formula and different proportions.I'm talking about FA 28-105 f/4.5-5.6 lens. Check link in my first comment. Btw that 28-105 with power zoom is the best Pentax 28-105 budget lens so far.

hard to say... it's 18 years old lens.
FA 28-105/4-5.6 [IF]
02-17-2016, 06:32 AM   #60
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,349
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
U.S. prices of the two new lenses:
  • HD Pentax-D FA 15-30mm f/2.8 ED SDM WR lens: $1449.95
  • HD Pentax-D FA 28-105mm f/3.5-5.6 ED DC WR lens: $499.95
Source: Pentax K-1 US price rumored to be $1,799 | Pentax Rumors
So euro Prices 1400 and 500 probably

---------- Post added 17-02-16 at 15:37 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
You are wrong, sorry

FA 28-105/4-5.6
13 elements in 11 groups

---------- Post added 02-16-2016 at 10:20 PM ----------

Maximum magnification 0.22X
Maximum magnification 0.36X

Filter size: 62mm
Filter size: 58mm

Total length: 86.5mm
Total length: 96.0mm

Minimum Focusing Distance 0.5 m
Minimum Focusing Distance 0.43 m


And one lens is f3.5 and other is f4.0 at wide angle.

With your method of manipulation of facts it's easy to say that any 28-105 lens is made based on any other 28-105.

"Different optical scheme - no problem. they just added new elements."

If they added NEW elements it means it's ANOTHER optical scheme and it's ANOTHER lens.
Banep is talking about this lens.
SMC Pentax-FA 28-105mm F4-5.6 [IF] Reviews - FA Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
15-30mm f/2.8, aperture, blades, body, element, elements, f/2.8 and 28-105mm, f4.5-5.6, fa, filter, glass, hd, length, lens, magnification, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, pentax-d, price, sdm, similarities, specs of 15-30mm, street, tamron, wr
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Samsung NX Mini ILC w/9-27mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens and 17mm f/1.8 prime dcshooter Sold Items 2 11-18-2015 02:53 PM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax FA 28-105, Industar 50-2 50mm f/3.5, Industar-69 28mm f/2.8, Tamron 135mm f2.5 hinman Sold Items 9 07-22-2014 04:41 PM
Sigma Zoom AF Aspherical IF D 28-105mm f/3.8-5.6 UC-III Lens For Pentax tezomoy Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 2 03-20-2014 09:20 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:22 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top