Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2016, 09:59 AM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rlatjsrud Quote
Wifi is too slower than tether.
Bandwidth or latency?
Bandwidth shouldn't be a problem from a theory PoV.

02-17-2016, 11:23 AM - 5 Likes   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
Because of the risk of forgetting the card in the reader...
Get in the habit of leaving the card door open anytime there's a vacancy...
02-17-2016, 11:26 AM - 1 Like   #63
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ScooterMaxi Jim Quote
Actually that's a very simple and rational solution.
02-17-2016, 11:34 AM   #64

Photos: Gallery
I think $1799 is right. Looking at how thecamerastore.com brackets their prices, there is an upper bracket (currently empty) starting at $1981 CDN.

02-17-2016, 11:56 AM   #65
npc
Veteran Member

Works for batteries as well
02-17-2016, 12:06 PM   #66
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I do this.. but i tend it to do the SD > PC transfer as fast as i can so my door wont be open for that long.. i have a friend that droped accidentally the camera with the door open and then got broken and it was a little mess.. so i take the SD out.. transfer the files.. and right away put it back... But, yes.. thats a good way to know something is missing (battery or SD )
02-17-2016, 12:18 PM   #67

I've actually had to get in the habit of just always inserting a new card immediately, ever since I discovered that leaving my K-30 without any card in the slot -- even when turned off -- would lead to a dead battery the next morning. Don't know if the other models have this problem...?
02-17-2016, 12:44 PM   #68
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noser Quote
I think $1799 is right. Looking at how thecamerastore.com brackets their prices, there is an upper bracket (currently empty) starting at $1981 CDN.
Bet you that the Camera Store already has it figured out !

02-17-2016, 01:00 PM   #69

Under 2K, all in
02-17-2016, 01:22 PM   #70
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Im also thinking that if this camera is around that rummored price, i dont think that it will come down really soon.. at least not as fast at the APS-C bodies.. perhaps Ricoh is aiming to keep that price for as long as they can. ... just another guess..
02-17-2016, 01:51 PM   #71

QuoteOriginally posted by Dipsoid Quote
Android, and Windows 8.1/10.
Those sound like operating systems to me, not hardware manufacturers who are including USB-C ports on their devices. If every manufacturer stopped using USB A/B today for devices, many people would be very upset at having no place to plug anything in.

Last edited by disord3r; 02-17-2016 at 02:03 PM.
02-17-2016, 02:06 PM   #72
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Scintilla Quote
I've actually had to get in the habit of just always inserting a new card immediately, ever since I discovered that leaving my K-30 without any card in the slot -- even when turned off -- would lead to a dead battery the next morning. Don't know if the other models have this problem...?
That's a good point. I had the K-30, and am pretty sure I never found out the hard way... As I usually (always?) did the quick turnaround. Of course, with the K-30, one spare battery is not nearly enough.

I also leave the battery door open when empty, but I almost always rotate batteries immediately...

This goes back to my newspaper days -- it was mandatory in the better shops at weeklies (where reporters were photographers) that the door be left open when empty. Unlike digital, you get no warning. Almost left Pentax way back when because the stupid "magic needles" on the LX and some other bodies were only "magic" in that they wouldn't pull the film through if the take-up wheel encountered minor friction. In fact, Ricoh was my favored body for years, and the LX was a spare...
02-17-2016, 02:07 PM   #73
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by disord3r Quote
Those sound like operating systems to me, not hardware manufacturers who are including USB-C ports on their devices. If every manufacturer stopped using USB A/B today for devices, many people would be very upset at having no place to plug anything in.
I'm not quite sure I understand the point. Why does it matter of the computer doesn't have a type c input so as long as the camera comes with a type c to type a adapter? Type c is backwards compatible.
02-17-2016, 02:13 PM   #74
Site Supporter

I bought the Pentax K3ii last Spring. I pre-ordered it from B&H and was among the first to get my hands on one. Within a few weeks, the price of the K3ii had gone down over one hundred USDs. Probably due to lack of demand.

However, if the new Pentax K1 fulll frame is initially offered for only $1,799, I believe it will be a huge hit at that price. Therefore, I predict they will be flying off of the camera store shelves. I don't expect the K1 price to go down until next fall's Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. Even then, the price won't be much below its' initial $1799.

I would not be at all surprised to find most stores run out of K1 inventory the first few months after it's available. Only those who pre-order will have a K1 to play with until mid to late summer when production catchs up to demand.

Also, you will see an increase in the demand for full frame K mount lenses, especially after the initial positive reviews are in on the K1.

Just my 2 cents...
02-17-2016, 02:34 PM   #75
Veteran Member

This camera at this price is calling me from Tokyo to Cairo!!