Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2016, 07:11 PM   #526
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
According to B&H, looks like the K-1 has been pushed back to April 22. Originally it was showing April 6.

02-23-2016, 07:21 PM - 1 Like   #527
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
I am a tad dissapointed they couldn't even just force the damn thing to run video at 60 FPS though.
Among purist cinematographers 24fps is all you need.
02-23-2016, 07:41 PM   #528
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dcpropilot Quote
According to B&H, looks like the K-1 has been pushed back to April 22. Originally it was showing April 6.
A larger number of buyers than anticipated? The production lines are running, what else could it be?
02-23-2016, 07:42 PM - 1 Like   #529
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by dcpropilot Quote
COOL!!!

Demand is outstripping supply, just like 645z.

My 'permission date' is August. I hope they're caught up.

02-23-2016, 08:55 PM - 1 Like   #530

wow, it looks great, the price is a total shocker! I really thought it would be higher, and the specs are awesome! I can't preorder one. I have to pay off my new lens and then try to talk my husband into yet another purchase, lol. Yeah, maybe I'll get my hands on one in a couple of years.
02-23-2016, 09:01 PM   #531
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BarnowlAnnie Quote
wow, it looks great, the price is a total shocker! I really thought it would be higher, and the specs are awesome! I can't preorder one. I have to pay off my new lens and then try to talk my husband into yet another purchase, lol. Yeah, maybe I'll get my hands on one in a couple of years.
Think of it this way.. in another year the K-1 will have a super refined firmware, lots of guides and how-tos generated, lens details fleshed out, 3rd party software updated to accomodate it, and it will likely be a lot cheaper. win-win-win-win for you!
02-23-2016, 09:21 PM   #532
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The production lines are running, what else could it be?
Could be 1001 reasons - small K-1 feature update (addition/deletion) to the camera hardware or firmware; supply problems with a component maker (shutter/memory chips); desire to maintain 645Z output while ramping up K-1; bad weather caused some shipping delays somewhere; lightning strike on the Cebu factory damaged some important equipment; balancing inventory between Japan, China, Europe, USA ... Etc etc etc.
02-23-2016, 09:53 PM   #533
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Could be 1001 reasons - small K-1 feature update (addition/deletion) to the camera hardware or firmware; supply problems with a component maker (shutter/memory chips); desire to maintain 645Z output while ramping up K-1; bad weather caused some shipping delays somewhere; lightning strike on the Cebu factory damaged some important equipment; balancing inventory between Japan, China, Europe, USA ... Etc etc etc.
Yeah. It could be any of those things.

But it's not.

02-23-2016, 10:05 PM   #534
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
But it's not.
I agree. This is the 645Z of the FF world. The K-1 is not merely a "bang for the buck" DSLR, but looks to set a standard for usability - this is evident by the carefully engineered articulating screen and the reading lights placed in key areas on the body. Biases aside, this camera, like the 645Z, should be a (relative) blockbuster for Pentax.
02-23-2016, 10:24 PM   #535

Photos: Gallery
I just pre-ordered mine, although the original plan was to skip FF altogether or buy at a much later date (that pricing.. damn you Ricoh! *shakes fist*). The local camera shop said that pre-orders were already 2/3 full. Of course I cannot know how big a batch they ordered, but certainly the demand seems to be up to the expectations of the stores.
02-23-2016, 10:32 PM   #536
Lens Buying Addict

It's soooooooo tempting. I've had the thread open three times.

Not. Using. Credit. Card.

August.
02-23-2016, 10:41 PM   #537
Pentaxian

There are lots of reasons, but the big one was A7II at the price point that it is sold at. Everyone had to stop and retarget their product line. I suspect, without knowing, that the target was $2400-2600 with a few more baubles, a bit faster, etc. It probably was ready to go to production. The K3II scared the living daylights out of everyone; a stupid mistake could cost the whole division it's existence. The 645Z was/is making money, selling everything they made, so it wasn't as if there would be idle hands. So rework production, hone the designs to shave costs, get all the ducks in a row. They aren't first to market in any case, so get things right.

Samsung. Something to tighten the sphincter of everyone in the industry. A decent product that if introduced by anyone else would have created a groundswell, but ended Samsung's foray into the market.

They have run the pre announcement flawlessly, they seem to be managing to get lots of people drooling to get their hands on the thing. There is news yet to come. So far the bits of information about the bodies in the field indicate that it is a very satisfying offering.

I suspect we will all wonder what we will spend our money on as opposed to deciding to spend it or not.

So far I'm impressed.
02-23-2016, 10:58 PM - 1 Like   #538
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

My 'permission date' is August. I hope they're caught up.
I'm hoping to be forgiven about then.....
02-24-2016, 03:03 AM   #539
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
New times at Dpreview

Name:  Skjermdump-2.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  60.5 KB

K-1 is the only DSLR on the list and are over 1,6x more popular then the only other FF system camera, the mighty A7RII with its 42 Mp BSI sensor and lower weight.

Name:  Skjermdump1.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  44.8 KB

Ignoring the I don’t care-users, 72,9% of the favorite feature votes are related to the SR system. I feel the envy is growing amongst other brand users.

Last edited by Simen1; 02-24-2016 at 07:51 AM.
02-24-2016, 05:32 AM   #540

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Bad weather?? Tell those shippers the K-1 is weather resistant! It won't be stopped by bad weather!