Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2016, 05:09 PM   #1096
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Just checked my order at B&H and the website is now saying: "Expected availability: Beginning of May 2016" Not sure if that is really a change or just reality since they will be closed for the Passover holiday until May 2nd.

Leaving on a coast trip on 5 May so this is really getting too close..........

Amazon says "item will be released on April 25th". Anyone think I should cancel the B&H order and order from Amazon?[COLOR="Silver"]
Given the information you have and your impending trip, I might consider changing the order if I was you.

04-19-2016, 05:18 PM   #1097
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Doubtful. But I don't think it matters because they are closed April 21 through May 1st. They state no shipping or ordering during that period. Not sure if that means no receiving as well but probably does. So even if RIcoh delivers on the 25th there will be no one there to receive the order.
So unless they ship tomorrow I do not see how they will ship before May 4 or 5........ or later..............
They probably have limited operations not related to 'working', or in their terms 'producing'. That means the website is up, but the Shopping Cart is closed. The phone answers - but goes to VM.

The warehouse is probably open for receiving - there would be hundreds of thousands of merchandise piling up if it wasn't - and it might even be processed in the inventory receiving system. But they won't be shipping because that generates billing and billing is 'production'.

As I wrote above, my ship date is May 2, and I just ordered a couple days ago. I guess that either means they didn't sell out their initial order yet or they added to their initial order in response to demand.
04-19-2016, 05:24 PM   #1098
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
As I wrote above, my ship date is May 2, and I just ordered a couple days ago.
Missed that, I thought you were waiting for August?
04-19-2016, 05:56 PM   #1099
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Missed that, I thought you were waiting for August?
In my sig you can see that I had a windfall. I was waiting for mrs. monochrome to authorize purchase and she was waiting for August (when my annual bonus is paid). We She decided the unexpected tax refund could serve as an advance on my bonus .

04-19-2016, 05:57 PM   #1100
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ordering from Amazon at this late date is probably not an option since they probably already have their quota for the first shipment. In any case, there is about $180 in tax added.
04-19-2016, 06:07 PM   #1101
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
She decided the unexpected tax refund could serve as an advance on my bonus .
You're a lucky guy.
I have trouble getting things past the NO! department.
04-19-2016, 06:08 PM   #1102
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In my sig you can see that I had a windfall.
Congrats, and welcome to the waiting line...........
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
In any case, there is about $180 in tax added.
Nope. No sales tax in Oregon

04-19-2016, 06:28 PM   #1103
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
You're a lucky guy.
I have trouble getting things past the NO! department.
Well, I did earn the bonus - she just wanted to be sure I would really use the new gear given what I already have. K-3 FOR 300+ AND K-1 FOR 300- is a pretty tough sell.
04-19-2016, 07:59 PM   #1104
Pentaxian

Tough sell, but tougher buy
I decided myself to let the NO! department see what i get in my hands when Ricoh dares sending it... after all, K-3 is an already 2,5 years old buy.
04-19-2016, 08:48 PM   #1105
Veteran Member

In my sig you can see that I had a windfall. I was waiting for mrs. monochrome to authorize purchase and she was waiting for August (when my annual bonus is paid). We She decided the unexpected tax refund could serve as an advance on my bonus .
So my take out is that you can now work towards the bonus buying additional lenses..... well done!
04-20-2016, 07:19 AM   #1106
Pentaxian

...Anyone think I should cancel the B&H order and order from Amazon?...
It's possible the B/H order will show up in time, but in my mind, less likely anything you order from Amazon today will show up before your trip. If you have room on your card, why not just place a second order with Amazon, then return whichever one shows up last? Hedge your bets... so to speak.
04-21-2016, 12:56 AM   #1107
Pentaxian

So how about the quake in Japan. Could it affect the
K-1? Obviously the first batch is ready, but at least one sony cmos plant is out of order.
04-21-2016, 02:33 AM   #1108
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
So how about the quake in Japan. Could it affect the
K-1? Obviously the first batch is ready, but at least one sony cmos plant is out of order.
First shipments will be ok. Those cameras are already made. Maybe it can affect later shipments..But haven't heard anything yet!
04-21-2016, 02:44 AM   #1109
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just checked my order at B&H and the website is now saying: "Expected availability: Beginning of May 2016" Not sure if that is really a change or just reality since they will be closed for the Passover holiday until May 2nd.

Leaving on a coast trip on 5 May so this is really getting too close..........

---------- Post added 04-19-16 at 04:53 PM ----------

Amazon says "item will be released on April 25th". Anyone think I should cancel the B&H order and order from Amazon?

---------- Post added 04-19-16 at 04:56 PM ----------

Adorama now says: "Manufacturer will start shipping this item on 05/15/2016"
I imagine the question has to do with how much of the first shipment is spoken for already. Adorama has pretty obviously sold all of their initial shipment and they are guessing/have been told that their next shipment will come in on May 15, 2016. For those who pre-ordered from B and H, my guess is that they will ship when B and H reopens on May 2nd. You might get it a couple of days earlier from Amazon, depending on how much of their initial shipment has been sold already.
04-21-2016, 03:18 AM   #1110
Pentaxian

A few shops in Holland are already giving a delivery in two or three working days. So it will probably be there on Monday or Tuesday.
K-1 Body
Pentax K-1 Body - Foto-Groep