Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2016, 03:23 AM   #1246
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Well, its a bit of surprise to anyone involved with Pentax. But I'm safe anyhow. I have contract with other parties. But Ricoh/Pentax won't get much pics or help from me now. Their loss. I have work with Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden + + + in the time to come..hehe
What?! Are they nuts?

Black Sabbath, eh? I guess I'll see you at Tons of Rock!

04-29-2016, 03:28 AM   #1247

For the frenchies : I just read this on Focus Numérique : "En tout cas, si vous êtes adeptes de la visée optique, les conseils distillés lors de notre tutoriel sur la photographie de boxe prévalent aussi ici : les Nikon D750, D810, Canon 5D MKIII, 7D Mk II ou 80D seront parfaits. Actuellement en test dans notre labo photo, le Pentax K-1 semble également prometteur, et si vous avez plus de budget vous pouvez vous tourner vers les derniers fleurons de Canon et Nikon que sont le 1D X Mark II et le D5.
"
(Comment photographier une course automobiles ? - Focus Numérique)

Nice to see that they are already testing the K-1... Sounds like a teaser for the coming results
04-29-2016, 03:32 AM   #1248
Veteran Member

Yeah, it is very odd. I have no clue what they are thinking. It won't affect me much, since i still get my gear and have contracts with other parties involved. So me and my cameras will still make waves amongst the pros. But this can change with time, i dont know.

I will still continue showing off Pentax everywhere and do a good job. I will just stop being an official ambassador for Pentax.

Yes @gazonk you will see me there say hello when you see me!
04-29-2016, 03:35 AM   #1249
Pentaxian

I will still continue showing off Pentax everywhere and do a good job. I will just stop being an official ambassador for Pentax.
Still hope to see your experiences with the K-1 and the new lenses here, though!

QuoteQuote:
Yes @gazonk you will see me there say hello when you see me!
I will! Really looking forward to that, ordered festival passes for my 17 yr old son and me as soon as we knew Black Sabbath would come, the final line up is beyond every expectation

04-29-2016, 03:39 AM   #1250
Veteran Member

That you will. I will post a lot of concerts and portraits in the time to come. Using K-1, 15-30, 24-70, 70-200 and some primes

Nice..looking forward to say hello Yeah..line-up is good and the festival is so nice in it self...
04-29-2016, 03:59 AM   #1251
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, its a bit of surprise to anyone involved with Pentax. But I'm safe anyhow. I have contract with other parties. But Ricoh/Pentax won't get much pics or help from me now. Their loss. I have work with Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden + + + in the time to come..hehe
that's a bit of a sour note from Ricoh, just when they seemed to be doing everything right - shame!
04-29-2016, 04:04 AM   #1252
Pentaxian

Yeah, it is very odd. I have no clue what they are thinking.
Chance is, they don't either.

Did you get your K-1 yet?

04-29-2016, 04:11 AM   #1253
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Very strange! I hope they change their mind when they see your pictures kenspo.

I hope they don’t just throw out more of their New Zealand vacation snapshots. They just need some jaw dropping professional work that pushes the limits.
04-29-2016, 04:21 AM - 1 Like   #1254
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
Very strange! I hope they change their mind when they see your pictures kenspo.

I hope they don’t just throw out more of their New Zealand vacation snapshots. They just need some jaw dropping professional work that pushes the limits.
If I find them vacationing here, I'll be sure to discuss the matter with them!
04-29-2016, 04:24 AM   #1255
Veteran Member

kenspo, we're all behind you! you have done a master job keeping us Pentaxians excited in difficult times and Ricoh should be grateful to you. I don't think, speaking personally, I have seen anyone online having a bigger influence on my patience with Ricoh than you. No marketing campaign could have done that. We like your down to earth style and professionalism on the photography side.
I certainly hope they are reading this thread and open their eyes
04-29-2016, 04:27 AM   #1256
Pentaxian

This might come as a surprise to many, but Pentax do not want or support any kind of ambassadors of K-1.

That is also why they used their own pics as showcase.
Is it specific to the Nordic countries or do you know of other Pentax ambassadors, the mission of which has been terminated as well?
04-29-2016, 04:34 AM   #1257
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I did not realise the K-1 is so much more compact than the Nikon D810.
But it is heavier. That's how solid it is.
04-29-2016, 05:12 AM   #1258
Pentaxian

I'm confused.

On the one hand:
I will just stop being an official ambassador for Pentax.
But Ricoh/Pentax won't get much pics or help from me now. Their loss.
On the other hand:
I will post a lot of concerts and portraits in the time to come. Using K-1, 15-30, 24-70, 70-200 and some primes
So you are still getting the K-1 with lenses, even though you are not an ambassador for Ricoh anymore?

Are there other parts to the contract, on top of free gear, that have been terminated?

If the whole contract has been terminated and Ricoh is just honouring their prior commitment to supply you with a K-1 (or even two K-1's as you have indicated earlier) and lenses, why isn't Ricoh at least inviting to get something out of you for it in return? For the equipment involved, we are talking a substantial amount of money. Why would Ricoh spent that kind of money but say "no thank you" for anything in return?
04-29-2016, 05:55 AM   #1259
Pentaxian

Truly weird indeed. First they ask you to be an ambassador. Then they say you're no longer an ambassador but they give you your gears. What would they get from this deal? They should use everything that they can get from you. Like you said and I agree with you Kenspo, it's their loss.
04-29-2016, 05:56 AM   #1260
Veteran Member

This might come as a surprise to many, but Pentax do not want or support any kind of ambassadors of K-1.
No surprise here.
It seems Pentax isn't a reliable partner to associated pros.

kenspo, you may not have followed it, but before you, the forum has seen another brand ambassador. It was benjikan (Benjamin Kanarek, a well know fashion photographer from Paris and North America) and I do still remember that the divorce with Pentax wasn't nice.

I would have hoped that under Ricoh, the relationship to associated pro photographers would be handled a bit more like a partnership rather than hire and fire. Obviously not.