Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2016, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #1246
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I got mine this afternoon! I'm so excited! I will be for 4 days in the country for Easter holidays so I'll come back with many samples and my first impressions from shooting under various conditions :-)

CU on 2nd of May!

04-28-2016, 03:53 PM   #1247
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
I got mine this afternoon! I'm so excited! I will be for 4 days in the country for Easter holidays so I'll come back with many samples and my first impressions from shooting under various conditions :-)

CU on 2nd of May!
Congratulations and I look forward to your feedback after the Easter celebrations in your part of the world.
04-29-2016, 01:28 AM   #1248
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Camerasize.com: Comparison of K-5 (my current camera), K-1 and the competition from Nikon D810 and just for fun, the D4 and Canon 1D-X and Sony A7R.

All except the K-1 have suitable normal zoom lenses attached when viewed from the top. They didn’t have the D-FA 24-70 yet so I picked a Sigma in stead for K-1.

I think maybe my wife wouldn’t notice if I change from K-5 to K-1, if I don’t pull out the screen when she is around.
04-29-2016, 02:05 AM - 1 Like   #1249
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
I think maybe my wife wouldn’t notice if I change from K-5 to K-1, if I don’t pull out the screen when she is around.
Good luck with that!

04-29-2016, 02:14 AM   #1250

I did not realise the K-1 is so much more compact than the Nikon D810.
04-29-2016, 02:27 AM   #1251
Site Supporter

This might come as a surprise to many, but Pentax do not want or support any kind of ambassadors of K-1.

That is also why they used their own pics as showcase.
04-29-2016, 03:05 AM   #1252

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
This might come as a surprise to many, but Pentax do not want or support any kind of ambassadors of K-1.

Guess that must have been a surprise to you too... strange they don't want to build up on the good hype and prove it with some quality imagery, when image quality is what K-1 is supposed to be all about
04-29-2016, 03:16 AM   #1253
Site Supporter

Well, its a bit of surprise to anyone involved with Pentax. But I'm safe anyhow. I have contract with other parties. But Ricoh/Pentax won't get much pics or help from me now. Their loss. I have work with Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden + + + in the time to come..hehe

04-29-2016, 03:20 AM   #1254

Well, its a bit of surprise to anyone involved with Pentax. But I'm safe anyhow. I have contract with other parties. But Ricoh/Pentax won't get much pics or help from me now. Their loss. I have work with Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden + + + in the time to come..hehe
How odd! I would have thought people like you would be viewed, by them, to be valuable for their brand. Hopefully it's only a temporary thing.
04-29-2016, 03:21 AM   #1255

What ? What's the marketing plan then ? Engineers are going to make the marketing pictures ?? I think that if Pentax is aiming pros they should at least show pros using the K-1...
You have my support Kenspo
04-29-2016, 03:23 AM   #1256
Pentaxian

What?! Are they nuts?

Black Sabbath, eh? I guess I'll see you at Tons of Rock!
04-29-2016, 03:28 AM   #1257

For the frenchies : I just read this on Focus Numérique : "En tout cas, si vous êtes adeptes de la visée optique, les conseils distillés lors de notre tutoriel sur la photographie de boxe prévalent aussi ici : les Nikon D750, D810, Canon 5D MKIII, 7D Mk II ou 80D seront parfaits. Actuellement en test dans notre labo photo, le Pentax K-1 semble également prometteur, et si vous avez plus de budget vous pouvez vous tourner vers les derniers fleurons de Canon et Nikon que sont le 1D X Mark II et le D5.
"
(Comment photographier une course automobiles ? - Focus Numérique)

Nice to see that they are already testing the K-1... Sounds like a teaser for the coming results
04-29-2016, 03:32 AM   #1258
Site Supporter

Yeah, it is very odd. I have no clue what they are thinking. It won't affect me much, since i still get my gear and have contracts with other parties involved. So me and my cameras will still make waves amongst the pros. But this can change with time, i dont know.

I will still continue showing off Pentax everywhere and do a good job. I will just stop being an official ambassador for Pentax.

Yes @gazonk you will see me there say hello when you see me!
04-29-2016, 03:35 AM   #1259
Pentaxian

I will still continue showing off Pentax everywhere and do a good job. I will just stop being an official ambassador for Pentax.
Still hope to see your experiences with the K-1 and the new lenses here, though!

QuoteQuote:
Yes @gazonk you will see me there say hello when you see me!
I will! Really looking forward to that, ordered festival passes for my 17 yr old son and me as soon as we knew Black Sabbath would come, the final line up is beyond every expectation
04-29-2016, 03:39 AM   #1260
Site Supporter

That you will. I will post a lot of concerts and portraits in the time to come. Using K-1, 15-30, 24-70, 70-200 and some primes

Nice..looking forward to say hello Yeah..line-up is good and the festival is so nice in it self...