I think it's just as beautiful as K3 and other models as well

02-18-2016, 08:53 AM - 3 Likes   #257
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lev Quote
Pentax Full Frame - FIRST LOOK - K-1 & 15-30mm f2.8 - YouTube

This guy says that K-1 is ugly.....

I think it's just as beautiful as K3 and other models as well
Any dude who says any camera is beautiful has serious mental problems. They look like hunks of plastic or metal for the most part. What a drama queen.

To that I say...
"Your mother is ugly and she dresses you funny... but I still think you're OK, don't I?"
02-18-2016, 09:07 AM   #258
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by awaldram Quote
Try it - google K1 and see how many hits you get for the 'failed' k-01
Hmm. I get a lot of very relevant hits for the K-1. From dpreview, ricoh-imaging, popphoto, PF, engagdet, imaging-resource...
02-18-2016, 09:09 AM   #259
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Any dude who says any camera is beautiful has serious mental problems. They look like hunks of plastic or metal for the most part. What a drama queen.

To that I say...
"Your mother is ugly and she dresses you funny... but I still think you're OK, don't I?"
Well, there is the SV. Beautiful, in a classic industrial design sense, like a Raymond Loewi EMD-F locomotive.

02-18-2016, 09:10 AM - 1 Like   #260
Pentaxian

Any dude who says any camera is beautiful has serious mental problems. They look like hunks of plastic or metal for the most part.
There's "art" made from plastic and/or metal. Aesthetic considerations can and do apply to cameras, too (even though what it matters is what gets out of the camera).
02-18-2016, 09:23 AM   #261
Lev
Veteran Member

So if your guest will tell you that your house looks like a shit, it's ok for you? I believe a lot of plastic and metal are used there.... If I say beautiful car doesn't mean I like it more than a beautiful woman....

To that I say...
I don't really get it
02-18-2016, 09:27 AM   #262
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

An unfortunate Hank Moody mis-quote there, Norm...

02-18-2016, 09:30 AM - 1 Like   #263

Remember the thread stating that the camera needs to be priced at $1,800 or less to be a success, and most of us (including me) thought that would not be possible. Well, it is.
02-18-2016, 09:44 AM   #264
Lev
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Don't get it either, maybe I also have reading problems together with mental problems.
02-18-2016, 09:51 AM   #265
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh I get it. There's a school of thought wherein function is paramount and aesthetic considerations shouldn't be considered, especially as a ranking factor in a decision set. I sort of agree, but to paraphrase Vince Lombardi, "I'll take a good pretty camera over a good ugly camera every day."
02-18-2016, 10:00 AM   #266
Pentaxian

The chart from DPR is interesting. DPR also quotes Ricoh as saying all DA zooms are crop mode only. Some of this info seems to go against user tests....

DA Prime Lens / Utility on K-1
DA 14mm Crop Mode Only
DA 21mm Limited Crop Mode Only
DA 15 F4 Limited Crop Mode Only
DA 35mm F2.4 Stopped-down
DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Stopped-down
DA 40mm Limited Stopped-down
DA 40mm XS Stopped-down
DA 50mm F1.8 Stopped-down
DA* 55mm F1.4 Stopped-down
DA 70mm Limited Stopped-down
DA* 200mm F2.8 SDM Fully Functional
DA* 300mm F4 SDM Fully Functional
DA 560mm F5.6 Fully Functional
RC1.4X Crop Mode Only

Last edited by rangercarp; 02-18-2016 at 10:10 AM. Reason: cleaned up table
02-18-2016, 10:02 AM   #267
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I have no idea who Hank Moody is and "You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny " has been saying since I was 10 years old. " I don't care what everyone says about you, you're OK with me" is also I line I've heard for 20 years, and I chose to creatively combine them. Us comedic geniuses do that.
02-18-2016, 10:03 AM   #268
Lev
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Oh I get it. There's a school of thought wherein function is paramount and aesthetic considerations shouldn't be considered, especially as a ranking factor in a decision set. I sort of agree, but to paraphrase Vince Lombardi, "I'll take a good pretty camera over a good ugly camera every day."
I agree, but again, I don't think that K1 is ugly, don't you? and what's wrong if someone will say it's beautiful?
02-18-2016, 10:03 AM   #269
Pentaxian

Don't get it either, maybe I also have reading problems together with mental problems.
I'm sure I have both and ADD but you don't see me bragging do you?

---------- Post added 02-18-16 at 12:04 PM ----------

I agree, but again, I don't think that K1 is ugly, don't you? and what's wrong if someone will say it's beautiful?
I just don't see how whether the reveiwer thinks a camera is ugly or not belongs in a camera review. I don't care what he thinks about how the camera looks. But hey, that's just me.

In the comparison photos, I thought, "That looks like a Pentax." it never became pin up material for me.
02-18-2016, 10:15 AM   #270
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I have no idea who Hank Moody is and "You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny " has been saying since I was 10 years old. " I don't care what everyone says about you, you're OK with me" is also I line I've heard for 20 years, and I chose to creatively combine them. Us comedic geniuses do that.
Hank Moody - the TV series Californication...

"You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny" was what Hank said to himself in the mirror... I'm sure it was accidental that you said "Your mother is ugly and she dresses you funny"