Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2016, 06:04 AM   #1261

Photos: Gallery
Sounds deeply troubling in the absence of details. Looks to me like a very proficient way of mismanaging a brand (a brand in dire need of visibility and good word of mouth).

04-29-2016, 06:20 AM   #1262
Banned

Well as someone said on this forum before...."Let the pro's do their jobs".
04-29-2016, 06:26 AM   #1263
Veteran Member

I have contract with Pentax directly anymore, but the nordic and baltic distributors
Attached Images

04-29-2016, 06:33 AM   #1264
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I have contract with Pentax directly anymore, but the nordic and baltic distributors
Is that due to Ricoh Pentax having a new business model where they organise at a regional rather than central level perhaps?

04-29-2016, 06:38 AM   #1265
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Indeed and I am under the impression that Canadians will have to wait a while longer before the K-1 appears anywhere in this country.
Your best bet would be to order from The Camera Store (Alberta) or Aden Camera (Ontario) for the best prices, of course when available.
I'm sure that my local stores that are still authorized Pentax dealers (on paper, at least) would be happy to take my money. Henry's website and Downtown Camera's (Toronto) website both allow you to pre-order the K-1. Meanwhile, Amazon Canada (amazon.ca) isn't even aware of the K-1 -- search for K-1 on their website and you get K-S1 in the results.

As far as price goes, camera stores in Canada regard the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price as the absolute minimum price, except when trying to clear out stock of models that are 3 years old or more. Sales are very rare and usually only amount to a 10% reduction in price. Every single dealer in Canada with a website is listing the K-1 for $2499 CAD with no discounts if you also buy the grip or a lens. So shopping around for a better price in Canada will be a fruitless search until the year 2019. The only retailer that regularly offers a small discount is Easyship123 (Stratford, Ontario), which sells through amazon.ca.
04-29-2016, 06:41 AM   #1266
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd be hanging onto that box tightly!
04-29-2016, 06:44 AM   #1267
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Still hope to see your experiences with the K-1 and the new lenses here, though!

I will! Really looking forward to that, ordered festival passes for my 17 yr old son and me as soon as we knew Black Sabbath would come, the final line up is beyond every expectation
Will the group include any original members besides Tony Iommi? Will Ozzie be there? Ronnie James Dio is dead.

04-29-2016, 06:51 AM   #1268
Pentaxian

Maybe Ricoh decided to focus on certain types of photography, Heavy metal not among that (since Magnesium alloy is a pussy metal). Or ambassadorship is sort of a contest. They just keep the ones they like best. Or they just got fed up with the rumours that were showing up al the time, or they decided scandinavia is just not a big enough market for an ambassador. Could be anything.
04-29-2016, 06:53 AM - 1 Like   #1269
Veteran Member

Hehe..I can't tell why it is like this with K-1..I guess they have a plan..somewhere..

---------- Post added 04-29-16 at 03:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
kenspo, we're all behind you! you have done a master job keeping us Pentaxians excited in difficult times and Ricoh should be grateful to you. I don't think, speaking personally, I have seen anyone online having a bigger influence on my patience with Ricoh than you. No marketing campaign could have done that. We like your down to earth style and professionalism on the photography side.
I certainly hope they are reading this thread and open their eyes
And thank you very much for these kind words Thank you to everyone!!
04-29-2016, 07:26 AM - 1 Like   #1270
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
kenspo, we're all behind you! you have done a master job keeping us Pentaxians excited in difficult times and Ricoh should be grateful to you. I don't think, speaking personally, I have seen anyone online having a bigger influence on my patience with Ricoh than you. No marketing campaign could have done that. We like your down to earth style and professionalism on the photography side.
I certainly hope they are reading this thread and open their eyes
+1 for Kenspo
04-29-2016, 08:06 AM   #1271
Veteran Member

Well that's weird after the great job you've been doing here..

Anyways, I hope you can still enjoy the camera with no hard feelings, otherwise that puts you in a awkward position.

I'm sure someone at Pentax will regret it when they see your pictures. Their loss really..
04-29-2016, 08:11 AM   #1272
Veteran Member

Hehe..I can't tell why it is like this with K-1..I guess they have a plan..somewhere..
Perhaps Ricoh really meant it when they said they made the K-1 just for all we patient Pentaxians, and don't want the word of how good it is to leak out!

I received mine today, and so far I'm pretty knocked out. I can't believe how small it is!
04-29-2016, 08:16 AM   #1273
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RockvilleBob Quote
+1 for Kenspo

+2

Prolly some stupid bean counter said to upper management "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?" when they sold out the first batch already world wide with all the pre-orders.

I HATE the Arthur Anderson consulting types, they always make decisions based on instant gratification to share holders, so they can justify their existence and exorbitant consult fee's quickly, get paid, and get out before the feces hits the rotary air device. Meanwhile the business they inflict their BS on gets a momentary boost in profit, but since the game plan is short sighted, that period of boosted profit is short lived. Jerks. Their loss. Ken, in my opinion you were going to help that second wave of orders, and I for one was looking forward to your results with your new K1's.

Sorry, If this post is inappropriate Adam, feel free to sensor or delete.

Eric
04-29-2016, 08:22 AM   #1274
Veteran Member

It doesn't make a big difference for my part. I still get everything i need to do my job
04-29-2016, 08:25 AM - 1 Like   #1275

Kenspo, you have been a great ambassador for the Pentax brand, and I'm sorry the official relationship has ended. Ricoh's loss. I'm looking forward to following your work regardless of where you land. Cheers!