Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2008, 03:26 PM   #46
Inactive Account

I agree with Wiyum, Pentax should pursue digital medium format. Besides not having to develop a new set of lenses (they've still got the blueprints of the existing 645 lineup), it avoids having to compete directly in pro-market that Canikon is heavily engaged with. Digital medium format is still one area that is out of reach of enthusiasts (because of price) and Pentax has a ready niche that cannot afford Hassleblads and the like. Less R&D, less marketing, less competition.

Only thing in question is Pentax's production capacity.

07-31-2008, 05:37 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mzmn Quote
I agree with Wiyum, Pentax should pursue digital medium format. Besides not having to develop a new set of lenses (they've still got the blueprints of the existing 645 lineup), it avoids having to compete directly in pro-market that Canikon is heavily engaged with. Digital medium format is still one area that is out of reach of enthusiasts (because of price) and Pentax has a ready niche that cannot afford Hassleblads and the like. Less R&D, less marketing, less competition.

Only thing in question is Pentax's production capacity.
I also agree! Pentax should stay with MF where they are trying to capture the Pro/high resolution market. But they need a higher spec model, something to compete with Nikon's D300 in the traditional DSLR arena, not a FF body. You could argue that in terms of IQ the K20D is equal, and you may be correct, but I am talking about overall specifications, not just IQ.

Mike.
08-01-2008, 07:30 AM   #48
ogl
Pentaxian

645D will be very soon. maybe under another name.
08-01-2008, 07:52 AM   #49
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
645D will be very soon. maybe under another name.
I highly agree it's name will be K2000D and to better disguise it from the competition not only the name will be changed but also it's appeareance. So, instead of being a huge camera with a MF sensor in it it will be (for camouflage reasons only) a small, light and very inexpensive camera. But Ogl you are wellcome to pay the "under 10K euro promotional price" and write 645D on it.

Bye,
Radu

08-01-2008, 07:42 PM   #50
ogl
Pentaxian

He-he...Wait, hope and you will see the miracle
08-02-2008, 08:31 AM   #51
RaduA

He-he...Wait, hope and you will see the miracle
Ogl,

If you are well intended you have my esteem for your enthusiasm but I start to suspect that you just post here your wishful thinking wrapped as "info and news". Please grasp the fact that 645D was "frozen" due to obsolescence in design and "if" and "when" it'll be resumed it will be virtually a new camera.
This means next year, latter or never. Couple of days ago you said FF is coming very soon, etc.

Bye,
Radu
08-02-2008, 09:04 AM   #52
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
Ogl,

If you are well intended you have my esteem for your enthusiasm but I start to suspect that you just post here your wishful thinking wrapped as "info and news". Please grasp the fact that 645D was "frozen" due to obsolescence in design and "if" and "when" it'll be resumed it will be virtually a new camera.
This means next year, latter or never. Couple of days ago you said FF is coming very soon, etc.

Radu

Do you have any info to the contrary? Just to know who actually know something and who is projecting their wishful thinking....
Since you suggest a timeline for the 645D, do you actually know when they restarted the project, if they did at all, if they will redesign it significantly etc? If not, it is just speculation.

Last edited by Pål Jensen; 08-02-2008 at 09:12 AM.
08-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #53
RaduA

Actually ....

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Do you have any info to the contrary? Yes, I have!Just to know who actually know something and who is projecting their wishful thinking I didn't quite understand what are you talking about but I guess your point is that's ok to propagate baseless rumours? For the record the only "confirmed" project is the K2000D the rest are not ok'ed and hence it's not fair to call them so!!....
Since you suggest a timeline for the 645D, do you actually know when they restarted the project it's frozen!, if they did at all of course not see my previous response, if they will redesign it significantly etc? the camera is 2006 technology and this is the real reason they didn't launch at all in 2007. Besides now the competition is tougher than then with models from 22 to 50 and soon 60Mp in between 10-40(or more)k USD/Euro If not, it is just speculation Yes, what you and ogl do it's 100% speculation and you better be decent enough to admit that and not wrap it in some "insider information b.s.".
Finally this is not my war and really I don't care that much about your fantasies. I see that some people will believe only what they WANT to believe whatever the facts so I let you live in a bubble for the next 7 weeks.
When the announcement will come you'll see that the next 2 Pentax cameras will be an entry level bellow K200D (for sure) and an advanced APS-C above K20D for an early 2009 launch (my guess).

Radu

08-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #54
Pentaxian

Actually ....

Finally this is not my war and really I don't care that much about your fantasies. I see that some people will believe only what they WANT to believe whatever the facts so I let you live in a bubble for the next 7 weeks.
When the announcement will come you'll see that the next 2 Pentax cameras will be an entry level bellow K200D (for sure) and an advanced APS-C above K20D for an early 2009 launch (my guess).

Radu

You fail to tell us why your guess (your words!) are better than anyone elses. The point is that your accusing people of telling deliberate lies. You may be right for all I know. In my book, however, I don't believe people are deliberately telling lies until proven so.
I'm not for unsubstantiated rumors. I want to know whether we should believe your rumors are more substantiated than others. Since it seems like you are just guessing, you seem to assume everybody else is as well.
And finally, I live in no bubble; I haven't the faintest idea of what Pentax will produce in the near future and I have never pretended otherwise in spite of you indicating so.
08-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #55
RaduA

You fail to tell us why your guess (your words!) are better than anyone elses. The point is that your accusing people of telling deliberate lies. You may be right for all I know. In my book, however, I don't believe people are deliberately telling lies until proven so.

Let's talk in 7 weeks time you'll see who's right and who's wrong for yourself.

I'm not for unsubstantiated rumors. I want to know whether we should believe your rumors are more substantiated than others. Since it seems like you are just guessing, you seem to assume everybody else is as well.

Anything not officialy announced is an "unsubstantiated rumor" doesn't it? Those who know don't tell (especially their "sources" see the Pentax Germany connection Ogl so blatantely alleged) and those who tell (most of the time) don't know. I write very clear what I know (K2000D) and what I guess. Others pretend to know for sure things I know that are minute chances to be true. Again let's see at Photokina what camera will be announced and with what delievery dates.

And finally, I live in no bubble; I haven't the faintest idea of what Pentax will produce in the near future and I have never pretended otherwise in spite of you indicating so.

I never said you invented something but just that you're extremely happy to circulate whatever blurb regarding FF or MF ogl and wendyb "suggest" and I assume this is because you WANT to be true. My final advice for you and others who are tempted to buy ogl's and wendyb's statements (if I may) is to not rise your hopes up for a FF or MF system from Pentax TO BE AVAILABLE soon.
------------
Radu
08-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #56
Pentaxian

Anything not officialy announced is an "unsubstantiated rumor" doesn't it? Those who know don't tell (especially their "sources" see the Pentax Germany connection Ogl so blatantely alleged) and those who tell (most of the time) don't know. I write very clear what I know (K2000D) and what I guess. Others pretend to know for sure things I know that are minute chances to be true. Again let's see at Photokina what camera will be announced and with what delievery dates.
------------
Radu

When things are officially anounced it is not a rumor anymore. This whole section is dedicated to rumors which means things that are not official yet! That whats rumors means. What a substantiated rumor is, I don't know, but I guess a unsubstantiated rumor is something someone just made up or is from a non-credible source. .
I suggest that YOU wait until Photokina until you accuse people of pretending. I don't know what Pentax is going to show at Photokina and I suspect you don't either....
And sure I like spreading Ben's rumors around; they are the most credible rumors we have so far, and this is after all the rumor forum.

Last edited by Pål Jensen; 08-02-2008 at 03:31 PM.
08-02-2008, 05:44 PM   #57
RaduA

When things are officially anounced it is not a rumor anymore. This whole section is dedicated to rumors which means things that are not official yet! That whats rumors means. What a substantiated rumor is, I don't know, but I guess a unsubstantiated rumor is something someone just made up or is from a non-credible source. .
I suggest that YOU wait until Photokina until you accuse people of pretending. I don't know what Pentax is going to show at Photokina and I suspect you don't either....
And sure I like spreading Ben's rumors around; they are the most credible rumors we have so far, and this is after all the rumor forum.
Whatever man,

Sorry to have lost a lot of time with you believe what you want it's your right.

All the best,
Radu
08-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #58

Mamiya and Fuji and Cambo and Sinar are already making MF digital...it's not just the Swedes... d'oh!
08-03-2008, 06:30 AM   #59
ogl
Pentaxian

Ogl,

Bye,
Radu
1. FF camera could be shown on September. We can see this camera in shops in 2009. Or even close to New Year or Christmas.
2. FF lenses are in work now.
3. Digital MF camera will be real. No dates. Maybe next year. Maybe even this year. As Pentax said before MF is first, FF is next.
4. K2000D will be in shops very soon. October-November.

That's all I heard several days ago. I don't know if it's true or not, but it's info from insiders.

All information will be known close to September, 23.
08-03-2008, 10:33 AM   #60
RaduA

1. FF camera could be shown on September. We can see this camera in shops in 2009. Or even close to New Year or Christmas.
2. FF lenses are in work now.
3. Digital MF camera will be real. No dates. Maybe next year. Maybe even this year. As Pentax said before MF is first, FF is next.
4. K2000D will be in shops very soon. October-November.

That's all I heard several days ago. I don't know if it's true or not, but it's info from insiders.

All information will be known close to September, 23.
See, Ogl ... we're already starting to get along now that you start to mention some "no dates. Maybe next year, FF lenses are in work now"...

Radu